What can I do with the useless sky/sat dish on my roof? Malaga area

What can I do with the useless sky/sat dish on my roof? Malaga area

Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

londonxfm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What can I do with the useless sky/sat dish on my roof? Malaga area

Any suggestions?...can it be realigned to receive anything else
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:50 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What can I do with the useless sky/sat dish on my roof? Malaga area

Yes, you can pick up the Intelsat 907 satellite that carries BBC, ITV and C4 in HD plus BBC radio channels.

A dish realignment and a suitable receiver should be around €200 or less.

It requires special codes to allow reception and these change regularly every few months - actually it has been stable since December. Your installer will supply new codes when they change. The downside is that the service could be blocked at any time.

No Internet connection required and no monthly charge.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:53 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Does a Freesat Box work on Intersat 907
Old Jun 18th 2015, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

No
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

I'm watching Spanish freeview at present(TDT) with an aerial...quite a bit of American TV that can be changed to English.........is there a sat equivalent?...thanks
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:21 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

I looked and a Freesat HD Box works on UK tv..
Old Jun 18th 2015, 5:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
I looked and a Freesat HD Box works on UK tv..
Not in Southern Spain it doesn't unless you have a HUGE dish.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 7:19 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

A Freesat HD box will work all over mainland Spain...

But the channels it receives will depends on where you are in Spain and what sized dish you have...

So it will continue to receive those channels on the European beam... it is those on the UK beam it will struggle with (depending on location and dish size)

But, and this is important for those in areas where the UK beam is not available without HUGE dishes, this may change if they decide to move the Freesat EPG frequency from its "European beam", to a UK beam...which may happen sooner rather than later as they move it from the aging Eutelsat 28a satellite to one of the new satellites... without that EPG signal, the box will not function correctly (it will not even be able to start the set up wizard!)

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Does a Freesat Box work on Intersat 907
will be interesting to see what happens with bbc satback in a year or so time, as I907 expected lifespan was 12 years, and it was launched in 2003.... new satellite, uk beam, or forget all about it...bet that is something the installers of this system are not mentioning to their clients who are forking out for the system...

Originally Posted by londonxfm
I'm watching Spanish freeview at present(TDT) with an aerial...quite a bit of American TV that can be changed to English.........is there a sat equivalent?...thanks
there is tdtparasatellite - which provides the Spanish terrestrial channels via satellite...
the channels are encrypted and part of the canal+ subscription service, but if you can prove you are in a non TDT reception area, you can apply for a tdtparasatellite box and subscription just to access those encrypted channels without the canal+ subscription.

Originally Posted by londonxfm
Any suggestions?...can it be realigned to receive anything else
why not align to 26 east or 7 west - and look for the middle east MBC Fox Dubai channels - they offer a lot of UK and USA programmes and a couple of dedicated movie channels, in English (but with hard coded Arabic subtitles). you will need "generic" free to air receiver (a sky box will not work with it),

Last edited by The Guy; Jun 18th 2015 at 7:26 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Fred and The Guy..

Your advice is very much appreciated...🙏

I think I will stick with aerial for now...📺