Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Welcome to the future.

Welcome to the future.

Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:57 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to the future.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have told you several times now, if I actually knew any Arabs, which I don't, I'd tell you that I have sat next to them as they eat food in a restaurant with us non muslims. What are you not getting?
Avoiding the question again.

Typical of you, and the If I actually knew blah blah blahh line that you use is wearing a bit thin.

Would they object to pork food being prepared in the same kitchen as their halal meal,

multiple choice
Yes

No

dont know

Last edited by JLFS; Aug 21st 2012 at 8:59 am.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:57 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Do they have any objection eating in a place that prepares PORK MEALS ALONG HALAL MEALS, ie in the same kitchen.

where have you answered my question, show me?
when I read this I couldnt see any reason why you couldnt get a DEFINITIVE answer

Hold on, my point is valid.

Spain is in a mess financially, it needs money, why wouldn't someone want the obvious surge in cash Muslim tourists could offer. Have you read the article? Some of the figures are amazing and Spain is definitely a popular destination for obvious reasons. I have quite a few Gulf Arab friends and many look at Spain as a former colony and their interest is strong for all the cultural gems it has to offer, why not capitalise on that? If I had a bar/restaurant out in Spain I would definitely offer halal and kosher, just like I would vegetarian.
but then I read this and began to wonder if there are actually 2 different people using the same name here

I have answered your question, you just keep asking it, only changing the question each time..... IF I knew any Arabs, I would tell you that I have sat next to them while they order food and they have happily eaten it. On more than one occasion I have sat with Arabs during Ramadan and out of respect we have waited for sundown before we have food and the restaurant has been happy to wait. Now, what else would you like to know?
so there may be some doubt as to who what where and when you will get your answer JL because the story has changed yet again

I have told you several times now, if I actually knew any Arabs, which I don't, I'd tell you that I have sat next to them as they eat food in a restaurant with us non muslims. What are you not getting?

Last edited by Domino; Aug 21st 2012 at 9:01 am.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:02 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
when I read this I couldnt see any reason why you couldnt get a DEFINITIVE answer

but then I read this and began to wonder if there are actually 2 different people using the same name here

so there may be some doubt as to who what where and when you will get your answer JL
Have you morphed into anonymouse?????

Sorry dom, I quoted you by mistake.

Last edited by JLFS; Aug 21st 2012 at 9:24 am.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:02 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Avoiding the question again.

Typical of you, and the If I actually knew blah blah blahh line that you use in wearing a bit thin.

Would they object to pork food being prepared in the same kitchen ans their halal meal,

multiple choice Yes

No

dont know

so there may be some doubt as to who what where and when you will get your answer JL
I have answered the question, why are you two making this a personal thing? Why are you both turning yet another thread into a fight? If you take both of your contributions out of this thread you are left with adults wanting to discuss the issue, you two just want to be narky, why?

JLFS, I have answered your question, you are just choosing to to be belligerent and are trying to swamp the thread and issue in fine print, Domino, you are openly calling me a liar, despite telling you I was born out there and raised out there you still continue with your witch hunt. Grow up, the pair of you!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:04 am
Banned

I have answered the question, why are you two making this a personal thing? Why are you both turning yet another thread into a fight? If you take both of your contributions out of this thread you are left with adults wanting to discuss the issue, you two just want to be nary, why?

JLFS, I have answered your question, you are just choosing to to be belligerent and are trying to swamp the thread and issue in fine print, Domino, you are openly calling me a liar, despite telling you I was born out there and raised out there you still continue with your witch hunt. Grow up, the pair of you!
Well put it down to my ignorance, just answer.

YES

NO

DONT KNOW

easy enough
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:06 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Unreal.... is it a full moon or something?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Have you morphed into anonymouse?????
no, just been to the doctors though
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:09 am

Unreal.... is it a full moon or something?
changing the subject ?
just answer JL's question and we can all go for a cup of coffee
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:11 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by stuboy
50 odd perent is low for soft drinks compared with the UK. How common is post-mix in Spain as I presume you are talking about bottled coke.
Post mix was widely used even when I lived out there and the mark up on that is well worth it. Last time we were in Jerez our drinks were topped up with the gun.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:12 am
Straw Man.

changing the subject ?
just answer JL's question and we can all go for a cup of coffee
I have, stop trying to bully people on the forum, its not big and its not clever.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

What about if it restricts the amount of money you can earn from tourists? Is their money not good enough?

Not giving Muslims and Jew halal and kosher meat is surely an infringement of their human rights? No?
I'm not saying Muslims and Jews shouldn't holiday in Britain, or that British businesses shouldn't provide halal etc if they feel there is a market. Just that tourists need to take these things into consideration (which I'm sure they do).

As for human rights, well, you have a right not to be persecuted for your religious beliefs I suppose, but your diet is a personal choice and it's not going to kill you if you deviate from the rules now and again. Lots of Muslims drink alcohol, for example.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:57 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
I'm not saying Muslims and Jews shouldn't holiday in Britain, or that British businesses shouldn't provide halal etc if they feel there is a market. Just that tourists need to take these things into consideration (which I'm sure they do).

As for human rights, well, you have a right not to be persecuted for your religious beliefs I suppose, but your diet is a personal choice and it's not going to kill you if you deviate from the rules now and again. Lots of Muslims drink alcohol, for example.
But having halal and kosher food is a religious belief?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Do they have any objection eating in a place that prepares PORK MEALS ALONG HALAL MEALS, ie in the same kitchen.

where have you answered my question, show me?
Some would, some wouldn't, surely. You can't lump them all together, there are degrees of strictness and tolerance in every religion. Many Catholics don't eat meat on Fridays but they don't avoid restaurants serving meat.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

But having halal and kosher food is a religious belief?
I would say no - Islam and Judaism are religious beliefs. The diet is just one of the requirements that followers of these religions usually adopt. But not all do.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca

It's not a personal choice it's part of the religion it cannot be seperated. I agree it won't kill them physically but we are not talking about westernised Muslims we are talking about the ones that have much stricter observance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.