Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

weird magpies!!!

weird magpies!!!

Old May 31st 2006, 6:58 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default weird magpies!!!

can anybody help?? for about 3 weeks we have had a magpie knock on our bedroom window at 7.20 everymorning, waking me up. Some mornings he tries differerent windows or in the afternoon he pecks on my car . This happens every morning like an alarm clock.
We have a small cassita and if we leave the door open the bird goes in and poos on the same spot!!!
Now I know I should leave it but it is now getting on my nerves, its a bit like a scene fm the film THE BIRDS. I only have to lift the blind quietly for the bird the fly away. Will this bird stop doing this or does he need to be shot and stuffed? (just joking) any ideas?
Old May 31st 2006, 8:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: weird magpies!!!

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
can anybody help?? for about 3 weeks we have had a magpie knock on our bedroom window at 7.20 everymorning, waking me up. Some mornings he tries differerent windows or in the afternoon he pecks on my car . This happens every morning like an alarm clock.
We have a small cassita and if we leave the door open the bird goes in and poos on the same spot!!!
Now I know I should leave it but it is now getting on my nerves, its a bit like a scene fm the film THE BIRDS. I only have to lift the blind quietly for the bird the fly away. Will this bird stop doing this or does he need to be shot and stuffed? (just joking) any ideas?
Well as opposed to a cat burgler you seem to have a bird burgler! I had a problem with pidgeons on our balcony when they began to sleep overnight on our aircon unit. I had to put chicken wire up to stop them.
Have you tried scaring the s*** out of it a few times to discourage it!!
Old May 31st 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

A similar thing happened to me when I still lived at home. Every morning i was woken up by Magpies tapping on my bedroom window and it baffled me as to why.

It was only when my mum pointed out something really obvious that I managed to stop it. Every night I would take my watch and bracelet off, earrrings out and put them on my window sil. The Magpie was obviously after thieving my jewels!

Maybe you have something shining nearby or twinkling on your window that is attracting it?

Old May 31st 2006, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sunnysenorita
A similar thing happened to me when I still lived at home. Every morning i was woken up by Magpies tapping on my bedroom window and it baffled me as to why.

It was only when my mum pointed out something really obvious that I managed to stop it. Every night I would take my watch and bracelet off, earrrings out and put them on my window sil. The Magpie was obviously after thieving my jewels!

Maybe you have something shining nearby or twinkling on your window that is attracting it?

Oh sorry, was interrupted half way through my post and just re-read yours about pecking your car and other windows! - Sorry got carried away thinking I had the answer! Unless you WEAR something that attracts it. Weird!
Old May 31st 2006, 10:24 am
Just Joined

barrosababe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Patsywhitehair, my father has often told us this story... that many years ago in Co Cork Ireland their neighbour, old Paddy Quinn, for years used to be woken every morning by a magpie tapping on his window. When the old man died, after a few days the magpie moved operations up to my granny's house and used to tap on her bedroom window early every morning... again for years :scared: Spooky eh!
Old May 31st 2006, 12:07 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't you supposed to hang CDs on pieces of string to scare birds away? Or does that only work with pidgeons?
Old May 31st 2006, 1:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Aren't you supposed to hang CDs on pieces of string to scare birds away? Or does that only work with pidgeons?
Does it matter what kind of music it is?
Old May 31st 2006, 1:31 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Does it matter what kind of music it is?
I think "The Birdie Song" should do the trick. Wasn´t it voted the most annoying song of all time? That should keep the peskie little b*gg**s at bay!
Old May 31st 2006, 2:28 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well as opposed to a cat burgler you seem to have a bird burgler! I had a problem with pidgeons on our balcony when they began to sleep overnight on our aircon unit. I had to put chicken wire up to stop them.
Have you tried scaring the s*** out of it a few times to discourage it!!
yep, the bird saw me first thing in the morning with my hair sticking up like rod stewart and no make up on, didnt work though
Old May 31st 2006, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

scriv is an unknown quantity at this point

, the bird saw me first thing in the morning with my hair sticking up like rod stewart and no make up on, didnt work though

STREWWWWTH if that didn't frighten them away nothing will.
Old May 31st 2006, 10:40 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Well I'm amazed, all the clever people on this site and not one has come up with an answer
So I'd best sort it out for you Patsy.

GET A CAT

Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:55 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

Originally Posted by kevray
Well I'm amazed, all the clever people on this site and not one has come up with an answer
So I'd best sort it out for you Patsy.

GET A CAT

well, that sounds a good idea but hope to get a dog soon. blinkin bird was waiting for us today when we pulled up in the car,was waiting on the telephone line,flew away for a while and then went to cassita and pecked on door again, spppppppooooooky