Reload this Page >

Wedding Reception Venue Barcelona

Wedding Reception Venue Barcelona

Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

keewee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wedding Reception Venue Barcelona

Hi

I have posted this in the past but still no joy We have the church date confirmed and all the paperwork is underway (my fiance is Spanish) however we still have not found a suitable venue. The wedding is on 04/04/09 and there will be around 60-70 people and we are on bit of a budget if you know what I mean.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Keewee
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wedding Reception Venue Barcelona

I replied to your last post with a 'don't do it!!!' of a reception venue just outside of Barcelona.

I wanted to post for you again with some things to keep an eye on when organising your wedding reception. In fact, it is just some words of wisdom from our experience this summer... (the things i wish we had thought/known about before our big day!)

It is very easy to get carried away with the planning and organising of this very important day of your life that it is easy to forget or gloss over the simple things like the details of payment, the contents of your contract with the venue and what level of service you expect from them, so its best to get these things straight with them from the start (this was our mistake!)

1. Get a 'full written quote' signed and clearly written for the cost of the total event. Make sure it has a breakdown of ALL costs... And discuss which costs 'could' change and what they would be likely to change to.

2. Before agreeing to a venue, check their payment requirements - the venue we used was 'cash only' payment - we only found this out very late on in the process of arranging the details of our wedding reception and just imagine carrying that amount of Euros around in your pocket - it's a little scarey... and just adds to the stress of the day to be honest!!

3. When it comes to payment time, take the time to check your bill CAREFULLY. We were asked to pay half way through our celebrations which was definetely not the best time to start talking about paying thousand of Euros, after numerous glasses of bubbly and wine... If they are charging you more, find out why (extra drinks? Food for extra guests etc??) Keep a copy of your pre signed and agreed contract with you when you come to pay.

4. Get a receipt for your payment.

....We got married in August. It was a perfect day in many respects, but the reception venue was our biggest problem... Things that went wrong included;
they served the wrong wine with the meal, put the place names in the wrong places (after I had spent hours designing a plan for the tables so everyone could communicate with each other - i.e. the Spanish/English mix of people) and the food was not up to the same standard as when we had come for the test meal. When we paid, relucatantly in cash, the total was different from the final agreed cost, and they over charged us without telling us what the reason for the increase in cost was for. Also when we asked for a receipt, they said they would post it to us - and now 4 months on, we still havent recieved a reciept...

Just be very careful with how you manage these elements of your wedding day... Get everything straight before the day so you don't have any surprises or issues to deal with whilst you are trying to celebrate your wedding...
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

Kewee - I can PM you a link to a photobucket page of some photos of my wedding day in Barcelona if you wish - let me know...
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:50 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

These two Brits from gennie country up in the hills got married in a field and it didn't cost them anything, And they seem happy enough. Notice she is showing off her Jimmy CHEW shoes............She bought them in a local market slight slip up on the label but she had never heard of Choo and as all her friends had Jimmy Chews for best she just had to have them. I bet in 9 months time there is the patter of little potential Brit Builders running around their Casa.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Lovely...!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

keewee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarleon

Thanks for your tips, and yes I'd like to see the photos of your wedding. We are going over at Xmas/NY so would ideally like to have a look around then but we still haven't found any suitable venues. We have a wedding planner arranging all the paperwork,church,priest etc for us and they have a few suggestions but are quite expensive.