Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

wedding mallorca majorca help!!!

wedding mallorca majorca help!!!

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

sooty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wedding mallorca majorca help!!!

hi i wonder if anyone can give me any info at all my daughter is getting married in a registry office here (dublin) and she wants her church blessing and wedding reception in mallorca preferably in alcudia shes on a tight budget so were trying to organise it ourselves, but it just seems to be impossible to do this with out a wedding planner over there and a wedding planner is about 3,000 euros my daughter cant afford. so what i need is the name of a church , hotel for reception. flowers cars etc.
she already knows where she wants to stay its the iberostar hotel in playa de muro but they do not hold weddings there. so please anyone with any information would be greatfully appreciated asap as daughter turning into bridezilla. many thanks angela
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: wedding mallorca majorca help!!!

Originally Posted by sooty123
hi i wonder if anyone can give me any info at all my daughter is getting married in a registry office here (dublin) and she wants her church blessing and wedding reception in mallorca preferably in alcudia shes on a tight budget so were trying to organise it ourselves, but it just seems to be impossible to do this with out a wedding planner over there and a wedding planner is about 3,000 euros my daughter cant afford. so what i need is the name of a church , hotel for reception. flowers cars etc.
she already knows where she wants to stay its the iberostar hotel in playa de muro but they do not hold weddings there. so please anyone with any information would be greatfully appreciated asap as daughter turning into bridezilla. many thanks angela
Hi sorry can't help you it's many years since i've been to Alcudia and I'm not sure if anyone on here actually lives there., but someone on here will probably know something. I'm sure you will get some advice soon.
Good Luck
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

thanks jean for replying, i have a church now but still cant find a hotel for the reception it doesnt have to be in alcudia im just thinking of the transport if i go to far away its really strange because even the wedding forums ive been on have no advice only wedding planners thanks anyway jean
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Our daughter and husband had a blessing, in Los Bolichos,(Fuengirola) we arranged this by looking up the local churches in the local paper and ringing them, it was very easy and although I do not remember the cost it was not a lot.

Regarding the reception, could you not hold it in the hotel they are staying at ?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

no unfortunatley the hotel doesnt do wedding receptions, ill try the local papers, thanks for the info
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:53 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sooty,

Did a very quick search for you and came up with a website of Anglican Church in Mallorca....

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/anglicanchurch/

Re hotels that offer reception halls, do a search on google or via Michelin site here and then email or phone and ask them what they offer and what the costs are.

Best of luck,
Martha
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

thanks very much martha im just going to try it now
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:21 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

thanks very much martha im just going to try it now
Glad to be of help

Here's another Mallorca Alcudia site that mentions a church, a monastry as well as suggests some hotels.

http://www.theothermallorca.com/northeast.htm

You could always phone/email the hotels and ask about the church, flowers, cars, etc. Usually hotels are quite willing to help if the reception is booked with them. Or you might just get a very helpful person who can give you names and telephone numbers.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

thankyou i did email the iberostar last week but no reply yet, i will try a few others, thankyou again
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:36 pm
MnM

Always worth a shot.....

Majorca Tourist Information Offices -
Oficinas de Informacion Turistica O.I.T. Municipal Port d’Alcudia
Ctra. Arta, 68(07410 - ALCUDIA) ................ ............ ...............Tel /Fax: 971.89.26.15.

PS....don't mind me, I just have way too much time on my hands at the moment .....

Last edited by MnM; Aug 22nd 2007 at 2:42 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnM
Always worth a shot.....

Majorca Tourist Information Offices -
Oficinas de Informacion Turistica O.I.T. Municipal Port d’Alcudia
Ctra. Arta, 68(07410 - ALCUDIA) ................ ............ ...............Tel /Fax: 971.89.26.15.

PS....don't mind me, I just have way too much time on my hands at the moment .....
will try anything!!!!!!!!! thinking alcohol at moment haha
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

will try anything!!!!!!!!! thinking alcohol at moment haha
You can rely on Martha to come to the rescue. She is a dab hand at finding out information that is reliable and sensible.

Hey Martha what about a temporary career whilst you are off the road?

Hope your ankle is not giving you too much pain.

Rosemary
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:36 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You can rely on Martha to come to the rescue. She is a dab hand at finding out information that is reliable and sensible.

Hey Martha what about a temporary career whilst you are off the road?

Hope your ankle is not giving you too much pain.

Rosemary
Hiya Rosemary,

Thanks for your kind words.

My ankle is ok, not hurting and won't need to get pinned (I think), but I can't do anything (including getting myself a drink) and feeling very down and useless at the moment.

I've been trolling the net for some translations jobs, just to keep me busy and my mind functioning, but haven't had any luck with anything substantial yet so the forum will just have to put up with me in the meantime
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hiya Rosemary,

Thanks for your kind words.

My ankle is ok, not hurting and won't need to get pinned (I think), but I can't do anything (including getting myself a drink) and feeling very down and useless at the moment.

I've been trolling the net for some translations jobs, just to keep me busy and my mind functioning, but haven't had any luck with anything substantial yet so the forum will just have to put up with me in the meantime

Guess it is bad timing with people on holiday. If I hear of anything I will PM you.

Is there a book or short stories in your head just begging to be put on paper and then to print?

Rosemary