Web site

Old Aug 24th 2019, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web site

Originally Posted by el collado kid
hi we, have been told all online appointments have been closed because of the B word,everyone is having prob,s
​​​​​:
What's the source of that info? Surely that would be in breach of EU rules/regulations as up to 31 of October UK is still a full member of the EU. Is it word of mouth or information from official source.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Adventureboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I did read we had until Oct 31st to have you application submitted and accepted as correct. I hope this is the case otherwise I’m up against a very small time frame. Who would I phone from the UK as still here until the 16th of Sept. would they be able to speak English I am learning Spanish but not there yet.

Thanks simon
Old Aug 24th 2019, 4:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
What's the source of that info? Surely that would be in breach of EU rules/regulations as up to 31 of October UK is still a full member of the EU. Is it word of mouth or information from official source.
It is true that in many areas they are not making appointments

This impeccable source confirms it

https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en...residence.aspx
Old Aug 24th 2019, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Ok but this still says I have til December 2020 to submit the paperwork ?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 5:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you can prove that you were residing in Spain before the 31st October then, yes you have an extension of 21 months to sort it out. My advice would be to immediately sign on the local Padron at the town hall. All you have to show is that you own a property or have a rental contract. No worries about income or health cover at this stage. In fact you normally need a Padron certificate as part of the registration procedure for residency.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 5:57 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you can prove that you were residing in Spain before the 31st October then, yes you have an extension of 21 months to sort it out. My advice would be to immediately sign on the local Padron at the town hall. All you have to show is that you own a property or have a rental contract. No worries about income or health cover at this stage. In fact you normally need a Padron certificate as part of the registration procedure for residency.
In many places now, you need to be resident (by showing green card etc.) to go on the padron. This is in an attempt to stop non-residents being on the padron.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much I appreciate all of your time and effort
Old Aug 24th 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh
In many places now, you need to be resident (by showing green card etc.) to go on the padron. This is in an attempt to stop non-residents being on the padron.
And in some places they are actively encouraging non resident property owners to sign up to enable them to get larger grants from central government.

I would at least give it a try.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Guy just an off the wall question, I’m 54 single have an open mind want to integrate. What is like living there ? I lived in Italy for 1 year no good for me. But alway wanted to live in canneries. Your view would be greatly appreciated.

Simon
Old Aug 24th 2019, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James

It is true that in many areas they are not making appointments

This impeccable source confirms it

https://www.lamoncloa.gob.es/lang/en...residence.aspx
Fred thanks for the link. However that doesn't read as it was put in the post I answered which said all appointments had been closed and they were no longer taking appointments, your link mentions that it may be difficult as in some areas as the available appointments have all been taken due to number of people trying to obtain residency, also that they are trying to deal with this. Ok if you can't get an appointment due to availability then although it amounts in the end to the same that is not actually the same as Spain stopping appointments which would be against EU legislation. It is also unfair to imply that for Spain in my opinion.