British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Weather and temperature (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/weather-temperature-626910/)

CLR Aug 21st 2009 9:05 pm

Weather and temperature

Hi

we are out on holiday in 6 weeks it would be great to get a run down on the weather at the minute. Both CDS and Costa Blanca North.

thanks

spain Aug 21st 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Weather and temperature

I have spent time in Oct both on the beach and in torrential downpours........our 1st Oct in Spain it rained for almost 3 weeks......so in my experience its a bit hit and miss

Originally Posted by CLR (Post 7865159)
Hi

we are out on holiday in 6 weeks it would be great to get a run down on the weather at the minute. Both CDS and Costa Blanca North.

thanks

jdr Aug 21st 2009 9:41 pm

Hi

thanks

This is right now at the airport, but slightly warmer here.

CLR Aug 21st 2009 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 7865182)
I have spent time in Oct both on the beach and in torrential downpours........our 1st Oct in Spain it rained for almost 3 weeks......so in my experience its a bit hit and miss

Yes I had almost forgotten we went to inland Granada a couple of years ago in October and the news was showing severe floods in Calpe and surrounding areas. We had quite nice weather.

CLR Aug 21st 2009 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 7865211)
This is right now at the airport, but slightly warmer here.

Hi JDR,

whats it been like during the days? Still very hot or is it cooling down now?

Mitzyboy Aug 21st 2009 10:01 pm

At the moment in the Oliva area, CB North it is 81.9 degrees, midnight local time

lynnxa Aug 22nd 2009 5:01 am

Hi

thanks

well In 6 weeks I'll probably be in my winter woolies with a duvet on the bed!:rofl:

last october we had a high of 27 (day) & a low of 16 (night) (average 22)

the year before (a gota fria year) was colder & that was year of the floods - the gota fria was early though

jdr Aug 22nd 2009 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 7865256)
At the moment in the Oliva area, CB North it is 81.9 degrees, midnight local time

Get into Spanish gear Mitzy, 29c.

jdr Aug 22nd 2009 6:05 am

Originally Posted by CLR (Post 7865254)
Hi JDR,

whats it been like during the days? Still very hot or is it cooling down now?

Been quite hot, but not as hot as a few weeks ago in the mid 40`s.
At the mo it is 26c, but will probably go up 10 or more degrees later.
Plenty of red tourists about though. ;-))

fionamw Aug 22nd 2009 6:40 am

I haven't as many years to go on as some on the forum but this year seems very different - long wet winter, fizzling out of spring for a long time then summer (hot) hit early, June maybe I reckon hotter than August & not much of July was the high 30s/40s like last year.
Right now just inland of Malaga it's unpredictable, some days warmer here some days warmer at the coast, nights no lower than 24 under our verandah, days no higher than 32 (also in shade).... rain for 20 minutes a week ago, the first in a LONG time! So what's going to be happening in 6 weeks? :confused:

Fredbargate Aug 22nd 2009 7:37 am

If you go to :-

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...Select=WEATHER

You will find lots of Spanish cities and airports listed.Or the rest of the world

By exploring the site you can find both present weather and the history going back years plus predictions.

Fred James Aug 22nd 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 7866200)
You will find lots of Spanish cities and airports listed.

It's a great site, especially for historical data.

If you page down to the bottom of the page you will normally see a list of weather stations in the local area. These are usually private stations giving very localised weather reports.

CLR Aug 22nd 2009 8:33 am

I know its six weeks away, but you have given me an indication and a good run down. I have picked up on the weather stations - thanks:thumbup:

In my head I am there already - wallowing in the sun - and I will be one of the red tourists when we take a drive down to Benalmadina:rofl:, so thanks to you all. When we meet up with friends both Spanish and Brits I sit there like a white blolb:rofl:

Going slightly off thread for a minute - in June we had a few hours in Benalmadina and we were very surprised by the emptiness of the beach, I seem to remember it being choca the last time we were there.

jdr Aug 22nd 2009 10:23 am

Originally Posted by CLR (Post 7866311)
I know its six weeks away, but you have given me an indication and a good run down. I have picked up on the weather stations - thanks:thumbup:

In my head I am there already - wallowing in the sun - and I will be one of the red tourists when we take a drive down to Benalmadina:rofl:, so thanks to you all. When we meet up with friends both Spanish and Brits I sit there like a white blolb:rofl:

Going slightly off thread for a minute - in June we had a few hours in Benalmadina and we were very surprised by the emptiness of the beach, I seem to remember it being choca the last time we were there.

They must all be in Los Boliches then as it is heaving till after 22.00 each night.

Chiclanagir Aug 22nd 2009 10:32 am

It´s too hot for me, I can´t wait for Autumn. One more weekend and then the crowds will depart back to Madrid.