Wikiposts

Weather in Feb

Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weather in Feb

We're coming over for a week in Feb to have another explore (staying in Calpe this time) and just wondering what the weather will be like. Obviously not warm but do we need to bring rain macks!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:12 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather in Feb

Originally Posted by smartmove
We're coming over for a week in Feb to have another explore (staying in Calpe this time) and just wondering what the weather will be like. Obviously not warm but do we need to bring rain macks!
the nearest I can find on weatherunderground is Alicante - here is last feb

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...lyHistory.html
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Very useful site that! Weather was better than I expected. Thanks.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:40 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

We moved over here in Feb 08 and it rained and rained and rained til mid March!! I nearly turned round and went back to the UK LOL

Jo xxx
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
We moved over here in Feb 08 and it rained and rained and rained til mid March!! I nearly turned round and went back to the UK LOL

Jo xxx
Hmm, obviously we're not expecting sunshine but hope it doesnt rain the entire week as we want to explore!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smartmove
Hmm, obviously we're not expecting sunshine but hope it doesnt rain the entire week as we want to explore!
actually you will probably need a lightweight mac - a placcy one from the chino would be best!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

and something warm for the "freezing" nights.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

It won't be too cold, but probably will be a bit wet
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ballin
It won't be too cold, but probably will be a bit wet
Won't be too cold! Were you not here Feb this year? It was absolutely freezing in the evenings. No matter how you try and heat the oom, as soon as you turn the heater of the temperature drops immediately.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

I'm in Xabia, just up the coast from Calp, and the weather in February can be quite pleasant during the day, averaging around 14°c, but it can feel warmer in the sunshine (and consequently a lot colder in the shade). It's the night temperatures that plummet, especially under the cloudless skies, and you'll need some warm clothing if you intend to venture out (or even stay in, depending on the property!). Whether it will rain or not is really quite difficult to forecast. Last February was one of the driest months for some time but, as someone pointed out earlier, the year before was pretty damp.

John C ...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:47 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I was niave when we moved here, I genuinly thought that Spanish winters would be warmer than UK summers!!! WRONG!!! I had to send for all my winter woolies and hotwater bottles from the UK. I was astouded when I was scraping ice off my windcreen in the mornings...!!!! The temperature during the day in the sun wasnt too bad, but the minute the sun went down, the house with all its tiles and cool draughts became an icebox that was impossible to heat.

Last February wasnt as wet as the previous year, but it was so cold at night, really cold, winter coats, wooleys, thermals, boots....!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
and something warm for the "freezing" nights.
Remember that Spain is a cold country that gets very hot!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies, we'll come prepared for the worst! Never been to Spain in Feb and trying to visit at the various different times to see it at it's best... and worse.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Personally I take a light rain mac wherever I travel, whenever. It rained here in Barcelona the other day, it often rains at the end of August, with fearsome storms and the works. Be prepared, I say! Bring layers, that's what my mum always suggests.