Weather

Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all
Default Re: Weather

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Just come in from a lovely girl's night out in Alcoy. Temperature is 2 degrees, and have followed a gritting lorry...I didn't realised the spanish gritted the roads, but I am really glad they do!
That's a relief as I move into my new place on the Millena/Gorga road soon and some of that road with ice doesn't bear thinking about
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:59 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Just come in from a lovely girl's night out in Alcoy. Temperature is 2 degrees, and have followed a gritting lorry...I didn't realised the spanish gritted the roads, but I am really glad they do!

Up here in Galicia they grit as soon as the temp falls below zero out they go. There are some small stretches of road that in winter that does not see direct sunlight. That can be quite dangerous.

BTW I will not be posting any more numbers!!

Lynnxa; Hopefully you extra birthday was a good one, but you should not add up the extra years
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:13 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Up here in Galicia they grit as soon as the temp falls below zero out they go. There are some small stretches of road that in winter that does not see direct sunlight. That can be quite dangerous.

BTW I will not be posting any more numbers!!

Lynnxa; Hopefully you extra birthday was a good one, but you should not add up the extra years
I count the years backwards now
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Ok does anyone know how unusual the current cold snap (Malaga area at least) is? We've had the house since 2005 & not previously seen snow on most of the peaks currently covered...you can see snow in a horseshoe all round the Malaga area. Even the ones which usually do get it (eg Sierra Nevada, Maroma) have not been snowy this early. What are the stats? Anyone know?
And I've b***** lost the remote for the heater near the laptop.....
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Ok does anyone know how unusual the current cold snap (Malaga area at least) is? We've had the house since 2005 & not previously seen snow on most of the peaks currently covered...you can see snow in a horseshoe all round the Malaga area. Even the ones which usually do get it (eg Sierra Nevada, Maroma) have not been snowy this early. What are the stats? Anyone know?
And I've b***** lost the remote for the heater near the laptop.....
I haven`t seen as much snow on the mountains before either, 12c at the mo on the balcony but colder indoors.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I haven`t seen as much snow on the mountains before either, 12c at the mo on the balcony but colder indoors.
all those who don't live here probably think you're joking about it being colder indoors
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
all those who don't live here probably think you're joking about it being colder indoors
It`s crazy, sweat suit on to keep warm and I can feel the heat from the sun still on the tiles on the balcony through me socks, gas fire on in the lounge.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:15 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s crazy, sweat suit on to keep warm and I can feel the heat from the sun still on the tiles on the balcony through me socks, gas fire on in the lounge.
it is crazy, isn't it?

I have to look smart when I have students coming - but as soon as my last face-to-face is over I'm into my trakkies fluffy socks & warm slippers!

if I have a class on skype - my top half is smart - but like a newsreader - the students can't see what's below the desk, so have no idea I'm in my trakkies!!

well, maybe one or two of them do now
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:30 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it is crazy, isn't it?

I have to look smart when I have students coming - but as soon as my last face-to-face is over I'm into my trakkies fluffy socks & warm slippers!

if I have a class on skype - my top half is smart - but like a newsreader - the students can't see what's below the desk, so have no idea I'm in my trakkies!!

well, maybe one or two of them do now
yes trakkies my bum.you dropped the webcam on the floor and your secret is proberly on you-tube by now.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by betris
yes trakkies my bum.you dropped the webcam on the floor and your secret is proberly on you-tube by now.
shhhhhhhhh

don't tell everyone!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:57 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fionamw
Ok does anyone know how unusual the current cold snap (Malaga area at least) is?

Well this is the coldest spell in December I have known over the past 12 years. Pretty rare for us to see minus temps at all in our patch and then only had minus in January but we had minus 0.5 just the other morning. Equally though we do not seem to have had as much rain as normal this autumn.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:14 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

It's been quite warm here today, although overcast. Went into Benidorm yesterday and there were holidaymakers in SHORTS
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its been fairly nice today but very windy up here on the hill. However we went to Javea earlier and it was beautiful sitting on the front, the place seems to have its own micro climate

Last night at about 7 pm we were able to sit out in a street cafe for a coffee, and not shiver - mind you they did have a patio heater outside
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:55 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its been fairly nice today but very windy up here on the hill. However we went to Javea earlier and it was beautiful sitting on the front, the place seems to have its own micro climateLast night at about 7 pm we were able to sit out in a street cafe for a coffee, and not shiver - mind you they did have a patio heater outside
montgomail will be upset to hear you say that!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
It's been quite warm here today, although overcast. Went into Benidorm yesterday and there were holidaymakers in SHORTS
Yip, a common phenomenon. Last evidenced in our world when in Fuengirola 10 days ago, 3 or 4 bodies on the beach in usual skimpies.....I was shivering in Jeans, long sleeved T shirt, jumper & woolly throw type thingy. I reckon it only takes a year or less to acclimatise!