Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

chrisd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Originally Posted by Lionda
Do that here and the table and chairs would disappear
I´m sure in some of the big cities, it doesn´t happen any more. I always enjoy having a quick nosey inside. It´s amazing how some of the houses look so small from the outside but are really big inside.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:49 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Do that here and the table and chairs would disappear
That just reminded me. Once, when we were still living in the UK, I suggested to Michael that instead of sitting in the back garden where we couldn't see anything or anyone, that we should put out some loungers and a table in the front garden (I love to people watch )....and he said ABSOLUTELY NOT.....it's just not done.....people would think we were crazy.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

chrisd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnM
That just reminded me. Once, when we were still living in the UK, I suggested to Michael that instead of sitting in the back garden where we couldn't see anything or anyone, that we should put out some loungers and a table in the front garden (I love to people watch )....and he said ABSOLUTELY NOT.....it's just not done.....people would think we were crazy.
The absolute norm here... you should try it !!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:39 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisd
The absolute norm here... you should try it !!
I know and I do
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sam parky
I take my pooch for a piddle every morning in my M&S pj`s. Designer night wear or dog walking/kids to school wear is not needed lol. Mind you its the pink fluffy dressing gown and slippers that I feel a prat in on the street!!!!

Sam
OK Guys, who`s going to start the bidding for a (long range) photo of Sam & Sammy out for their morning constitutional??
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
OK Guys, who`s going to start the bidding for a (long range) photo of Sam & Sammy out for their morning constitutional??
Just post it and if its good enough we will have a whip round ;-)
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:32 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
What have I told you about that telescope, you dirty old man!!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:58 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MnM
How I love that phrase....it's absolutely not done.....like a red rag to a bull for me...I would have done it just to see the looks on people's faces..

Last edited by poollounger; Feb 13th 2007 at 8:58 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:06 am
MnM

Originally Posted by poollounger
How I love that phrase....it's absolutely not done.....like a red rag to a bull for me...I would have done it just to see the looks on people's faces..
Funny you should say that.....I'm the same way and Michael (my husband) is very unconventional....but when we were living in the UK, he was very "aware" of what others would think
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:13 am

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=MnM;4396808]Funny you should say that.....I'm the same way and Michael (my husband) is very unconventional....but when we were living in the UK, he was very "aware" of what others would think [/QUO

I live in a large Vicotrian house converted into flats, and one of the neighbours had a South American lodger. We have a very large front garden, and he and a girlfriend were sunning themselves on the front steps and having a nosh. The Scottish neigbour was indignant...och we nae do things like that over here...I think she subliminally fancied him as he was very photogenic....
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrisd
Actually it reminds me of another old Spanish custom where the front door is left wide open all day and dining or kitchen chairs are lined up on the pavement where everyone sits outside watching the world go by....
There are quite a lot of folks that do it in our street......it's fab. They are so lovely....and now its getting milder two old chaps at the top our road have started sitting out on the front step regularly now

I love this tradition ....when its really warm all the family are out, it's great.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
There are quite a lot of folks that do it in our street......it's fab. They are so lovely....and now its getting milder two old chaps at the top our road have started sitting out on the front step regularly now

I love this tradition ....when its really warm all the family are out, it's great.

Yes, it's lovely, isn't it?

We'd only been in our village for a couple of months last year, before everyone started bringing their chairs out. Being terribly British, we didn't like to "intrude!"
Luckily, one of our neighbours came and said "Do you know it's the custom for all the neighbours to sit out in the evening - come and join us!"
Some nights we would be out until 2am or later, just listening and joining in when we felt confident. It was a wonderful way to get to know everyone, and I can't wait for it all to start again this year!

I remember one late summer's evening, we took our dog for a walk around the village. We were asked so many times "come and sit with us for a while" that it took us about 3 hours to go round the block!!
That's one of the many reasons we love living here.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by brisca
Yes, it's lovely, isn't it?

We'd only been in our village for a couple of months last year, before everyone started bringing their chairs out. Being terribly British, we didn't like to "intrude!"
Luckily, one of our neighbours came and said "Do you know it's the custom for all the neighbours to sit out in the evening - come and join us!"
Some nights we would be out until 2am or later, just listening and joining in when we felt confident. It was a wonderful way to get to know everyone, and I can't wait for it all to start again this year!

I remember one late summer's evening, we took our dog for a walk around the village. We were asked so many times "come and sit with us for a while" that it took us about 3 hours to go round the block!!
That's one of the many reasons we love living here.
Sounds like time is ripe for someone to pen a Spanish version of 'Under Milkwood'. I bet they love having a foreigner in their midst...someone new, a bit of a change. This is what integration is about...enhancing each other's lives in small ways.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:57 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha been to Portugal this morning and got stuck in traffic because of a kids parade. It was lovely really they were all dressed in fancy dress and then there was a party of some sort in the square after. Anyway, I was just watching them walking by when I spotted two girls aged about 9 or 10. You will never believe what their fancy dress was?? Yep you got it, pj`s and dressing gowns!! They had pink and white py`s tucked into bed socks with slippers and a dressing gown on. Then to top it off they had hair nets on!!! Well as you can imagine I sat there having a real good chuckle

Sam
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Ha ha been to Portugal this morning and got stuck in traffic because of a kids parade. It was lovely really they were all dressed in fancy dress and then there was a party of some sort in the square after. Anyway, I was just watching them walking by when I spotted two girls aged about 9 or 10. You will never believe what their fancy dress was?? Yep you got it, pj`s and dressing gowns!! They had pink and white py`s tucked into bed socks with slippers and a dressing gown on. Then to top it off they had hair nets on!!! Well as you can imagine I sat there having a real good chuckle

Sam
Where`s the pics ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.