Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Originally Posted by jjh
They don't need to be designer wear.
No I suppose it doesn't matter really, I think the integration problems might arise if you don't wear pj's and sleep in the naaakkkkk!!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:28 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenp
No I suppose it doesn't matter really, I think the integration problems might arise if you don't wear pj's and sleep in the naaakkkkk!!!
Then wake up late and rush out to take the kids to school in your 'nightwear'
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lionda
Then wake up late and rush out to take the kids to school in your 'nightwear'
Not me its my husband!!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

PJs are only needed here for about 2 months of the year.
However, sleeping in the nude is very necessary throughout the summer..............and is most enjoyable for the rest of the year!!

The dressing gowns are a sight to behold, and are year round attire!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:01 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after the Integration thread I think I will buy myself a few pairs of designer pj's before I come to live in Spain!!!

I take my pooch for a piddle every morning in my M&S pj`s. Designer night wear or dog walking/kids to school wear is not needed lol. Mind you its the pink fluffy dressing gown and slippers that I feel a prat in on the street!!!!

Sam
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:27 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Well where I live it is non designer PJs
Generally from the market 6 E and a dressing gown to match also 6 E.
The women here tend to have a selection different colours, patterns and matching slippers.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Well where I live it is non designer PJs
Generally from the market 6 E and a dressing gown to match also 6 E.
The women here tend to have a selection different colours, patterns and matching slippers.
Ok I have to admit it, on a sunday me and the children DO NOT GET DRESSED TILL MY HUBBY GETS BACK FROM WORK. He calls me to say what time he will be home for dinner, it takes him 20mins to get home and me and the kids run up stairs to get dressed and pretend we have been dressed all day. Yes I go to the bakers in PJ's. Yes I go to the dumpster, yes I walk in my PJ's. I will take a pic and try to get it loaded on here.
I love this spanish trdaition.

love

mary x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

The dressing gowns around here are generally navy blue, but the slippers can be a whole range of checked patterns and colours.
I'm with Gallerie9 - nothing designer here!

I reckon people have at least two pairs of slippers, because there's usually one pair on the washing line most days!

I wish I'd been brave enough to take a photo this evening!
One of our neighbours was standing chatting in the Plaza in her dressing gown............at about 6.30 PM!

One afternoon last summer, another neighbour came into the bar wearing nothing more than a T shirt type nightie!!!!
It was thin cotton and fairly see through!!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:42 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Ok you lot!! You win.....you have had me fooled but time to own up and admit you are having me on!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ok you lot!! You win.....you have had me fooled but time to own up and admit you are having me on!
It`s true......
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

My Spanish neighbour wears a very sensible thick wool dressing gown and walks the block regularly, at all times of the day!
Nobody blinks an eyelid - I was absolutely amazed the first time I saw her.
Annamac

p.s once I was served in a village shop by a man in a woolen dressing gown, stinking of Vick and brandy - he had got out of his sickbed to answer the bell and get me ciggies from their small shop.
This was at 11 at night.

Last edited by jenna m; Feb 11th 2007 at 8:20 am.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:40 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Well my neighbours in Londodn tell me that they are so used to seeing me in my pjs in the garden that when they are out shopping they often browse through the pjs and try to imagine which ones would suit me best.. honest..
Sleeping in the buff is best but beware of emergency awakenings. I was sailing with some friends and we were all anchored in a group up a creek in Kent. They heard anchor chains clanking and thought a late arrival was anchoring too close...a look out of the hatch informed them they were dragging their anchor. He says blow we better do something quick...ready to leap on deck...until she reminds him that they had better put some clothes on first !
Why does it have to be thick woollen dressing gowns by the way ?....a chunky towelling bath robe serves multiple purposes and can look dead sexy by the pool...
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

I have been trying to dry my husbands towling robe on the line for last week. ( I keep forgetting to bring it in and it gets wet again at night.) He can now be seen every morning sporting my spare pink check robe,( I will try to get a pic of this!!)

love

maryx x x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

chrisd is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait
Actually it reminds me of another old Spanish custom where the front door is left wide open all day and dining or kitchen chairs are lined up on the pavement where everyone sits outside watching the world go by....
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:14 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by chrisd
Actually it reminds me of another old Spanish custom where the front door is left wide open all day and dining or kitchen chairs are lined up on the pavement where everyone sits outside watching the world go by....

Do that here and the table and chairs would disappear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.