Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Had to see if anyone else thinks it's a tad strange

There is a few Mums that collect their children, wearing slippers, dressing downs and what looks like PJ's on !

I am definitely not a snob ....but I find this soooo strange.

Some Spanish ladies are soooo stunning and stylish....wearing high-heels, designer jeands etc to the MARKET and on a boiling hot day....(there's me in me flip-flops )

I think it's quite endearing that the locals don't put on any pretence ......but is this just where I live or is this normal?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:45 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wearing dressing gowns out ????

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie

There is a few Mums that collect their children, wearing slippers, dressing downs and what looks like PJ's on !

Some Spanish ladies are soooo stunning and stylish....wearing high-heels, designer jeands etc to the MARKET and on a boiling hot day....(there's me in me flip-flops )

I think it's quite endearing that the locals don't put on any pretence ......but is this just where I live or is this normal?
No, I think it´s pretty much everywhere. Although most of the women wearing dressing gowns in the street are at least 140 years old, not hanging around outside school gates!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:39 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

No that is normal, all the women no matter what age are in there PJ and dressing gowns most of the day, I could tell winter !!!! was coming when I saw the first in the local shop in her PJ s.
The women here do there house work in them.
I have never seen one in the market though.The designer wear is the norm there.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:26 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

im in england at the moment and its cold here if i went shopping in asda in pjs and dressing gown i think the little men in white coats would come and get me but i might give it a try we are over to spain next sunday for 4 days i will have to look in my local shop for the pj brigade helenba
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

well it goes on in scouse land, was in makro the other day & low & behold this family the wife & kids were walking around in there gymjams & dressing gowns, its a local thing i've found out later
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:46 pm
Still young member

Rixxy will become famous soon enoughRixxy will become famous soon enough

Welllll - I have to admit to doing this when I first came to Spain, but mainly cos I worked hard and could be bothered to get dressed in the mornings! I did get strange looks and then decided if the car broke down etc I would die of embarrassment!

Now the kids are older there is NO WAY tey will let me out looking like that. Teenagers huh!?!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

No I'm not having that.....normal I don't think so!! No....I am shaking my head in disbelief........you are all kidding aren't you
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:59 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

No, not kidding. They do it round here too. Usually out at about midday cleaning the outside of the house or the pavement or going to the local shop in their dressing gowns and slippers. Sometimes curlers too for that finishing effect.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:03 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
No, not kidding. They do it round here too. Usually out at about midday cleaning the outside of the house or the pavement or going to the local shop in their dressing gowns and slippers. Sometimes curlers too for that finishing effect.
Nooooooooo I will believe you but I am still shaking my head in disbelief
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:41 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Nooooooooo I will believe you but I am still shaking my head in disbelief
I´ll see if I can get you some photographic evidence and post it on here. (That is if they don´t think I am a pervert taking photos of old women in their bed wear).
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:42 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I´ll see if I can get you some photographic evidence and post it on here. (That is if they don´t think I am a pervert taking photos of old women in their bed wear).

Thanks Keith.....this I have GOT to see
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
No I'm not having that.....normal I don't think so!! No....I am shaking my head in disbelief........you are all kidding aren't you
You made me laugh..... I can imagine how shocked you are....cos it just doesn't seem right does it !!

Well off to do last school run.....wonder how many dressing gowns i see out

Not long now and you'll be a part of this mad place .....it's mint!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:47 pm
Popping in for a chat

You made me laugh..... I can imagine how shocked you are....cos it just doesn't seem right does it !!

Well off to do last school run.....wonder how many dressing gowns i see out

Not long now and you'll be a part of this mad place .....it's mint!!!
Oh please get dressed first Mrs E
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:02 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters

P'raps there should be a prize for the first person to be able to get photographic evidence of this phenomenon (without being arrested) and who posts it on here! No contrived photos allowed!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:16 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Hillybilly

P'raps there should be a prize for the first person to be able to get photographic evidence of this phenomenon (without being arrested) and who posts it on here! No contrived photos allowed!

Can't wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.