Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

We wanna live where British expats live with young teenagers

We wanna live where British expats live with young teenagers

Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Stapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really nice
Default We wanna live where British expats live with young teenagers

We live in the Netherlands and my daughter is every winter very ill. We want to move to Spain. Because in summer she is never ever ill. We want to go to Grenada. The area above and around Motril seems to have the best weather in winter. We'd really like to move to an urbanication with lots and lots of british expats, a communal pool and ofcourse a secondary school very close in the neighborhood. We hope that a lot of British children will visit that school so my daughter will not have to much trouble with learning Spanish. I've read that there are special language programs on schools for foreign children if there are enough foreign children on that school. And I like British people mostly. The're very much like the Dutch. (If I may say so...)
Old Dec 29th 2008, 1:46 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We wanna live where British expats live with young teenagers

Originally Posted by Stapelmaf
We live in the Netherlands and my daughter is every winter very ill. We want to move to Spain. Because in summer she is never ever ill. We want to go to Grenada. The area above and around Motril seems to have the best weather in winter. We'd really like to move to an urbanication with lots and lots of british expats, a communal pool and ofcourse a secondary school very close in the neighborhood. We hope that a lot of British children will visit that school so my daughter will not have to much trouble with learning Spanish. I've read that there are special language programs on schools for foreign children if there are enough foreign children on that school. And I like British people mostly. The're very much like the Dutch. (If I may say so...)

Hola Stapelmaf I can't really help you as I live near Cadiz in Andaluz a place called Chiclana, I do not have any children here with me and there are very few British let alone British teenagers. I just want to say welcome to you and hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your question.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

I would have thght you would be best to go to the costa del sol. Lots of english children of all ages and many good schools. It covers a huge area so think maybe you should have a look around first. Its not all high rise buildings depending on where you go.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Stapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really niceStapelmaf is just really nice

The Costa Tropical is cheaper, they say, and the weather is better, they say... I have very little money to spend so I wanna save as much up for my emigation. If I know a name or small area in Spain that is what I am looking for I will certainly go there and watch. But another problem is... I don't have my driverslicence yet. So I have to go immediately to the spot to look around.
And maybe it's gonna be the Costa del Sol. Who knows.

Thanks for the reactions! (And sorry for my bad spelled English)
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think where you find a job is where you will end up living as this is the governing factor in Spain.
At the moment everyone is struggling to keep their jobs and lots of building workers have been layed off work, causing a knock on effect on everything else.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stapelmaf
Hi & welcome

there are lots of expats of various nationalities here in Javea on the Costa Blanca - the schools do help with spanish for the foreign kids too
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Hi & welcome

there are lots of expats of various nationalities here in Javea on the Costa Blanca - the schools do help with spanish for the foreign kids too
Needs a warm climate though for his daughter, and although Javea does have its own little mini climate, its still a bit cooler up here
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Needs a warm climate though for his daughter, and although Javea does have its own little mini climate, its still a bit cooler up here
It`s dull, drizzle and only about 13c even here today.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: We wanna live where British expats live with young teenagers

I thought that the World Health Organisation and the EU both recognise somewhere in Almeria Province as being the healthiest place to live in Europe.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

true enough - & although the micro climate is usually better than the surrounding area, when it gets damp - boy does it get damp - & it gets 'stuck' here too

it's still a lot better than the Netherlands though
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I thought that the World Health Organisation and the EU both recognise somewhere in Almeria Province as being the healthiest place to live in Europe.
Maybe it is, if you don`t have an allergy to polythene. ;-))

"A place where agriculture has won out over tourism. For 30 km either side of the city of Almeria farmers have covered their fields with polythene sheeting and poly tunnels. This is so that they can grow early fruit and vegetables."
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s dull, drizzle and only about 13c even here today.
a whole 2 degrees better than here!!!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:10 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
a whole 2 degrees better than here!!!

Blimey it is warmer up here in Galicia than where you are. But it is trying to rain. The national weather forecast has said it has been raining heavily here for days now...but we have not seen any
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:10 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I believe that´s the Costa Blanca, at least that what I was told by people who moved to Denia about 10 years ago.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

I've read that the Costa Blanca should be the healtiest place to live for people. But, above Motril the temperature is the highest of Spain in winter. And my daughter just needs a high temperature.

And please no plastic fields!

Is there anyone on this forum that lives in Granada or Almeria?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.