Reload this Page >

Waterpark Cartaya

Waterpark Cartaya

Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Alylovestoholiday is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waterpark Cartaya

Hi.

We will be holidaying in Isla again this summer, I have two 5 year old boys so we were thinking of going to the waterpark in Cartaya this time. I’ve read you can there by using the Damas bus, does anyone now how long it takes and how much?

Thanks
Alyson
Old May 1st 2014, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waterpark Cartaya

Hi Alyson,

Bet you gave up on a reply to your post. Sorry can't be of much help in reply to your specific questions as I've never taken the bus to the waterpark at Cartaya.

I see on the Damas website that their Summer schedule will start in June. Best to call the telephone helpline nearer the time of your journey, especially if travelling with children, or perhaps ask at tourist information in town (now in the Casa Grande).

My only experience (a good one) travelling on bus to Huelva from Ayamonte cost 8€ each way, if I recall correctly. (We purchased tickets on the bus itself. My travel companion,Thelma may remember more.

Journey's duration: an hour. I'd guess travel by bus to the Waterpark would be approx. half that time.

Now, here's a thought, how about taking the ferry to Isla Cristina, and from there catching a bus to Cartaya? Or perhaps taxi?

Hope this helps,
Carol (aka Louise)
Old May 1st 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply.
I think if we go we will take a taxi, I just wanted to see if it was "do able" by bus. I will some investigating once we arrive.

Thanks
Alyson
Old May 1st 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Hi Louise

I think it was only €5.30 each way and that was the maximum fare. I have had a quick look on the Damas website and it looks as if the journey to Cartaya would take 30 minutes. The journey appears to be divided into zones: Ayamonte is zone F and Cartaya is zone C so the price would be less (either €2.35 or €3.00 I can't work it out). I can't remember where it stops but it does say 'Restaurante Cruce Ferreiro' which I thought might be on the island opposite Carrefour but no doubt someone will correct me.

Hope this helps. We have been to the water park and really enjoyed it there.

Love from Thelma xx
Old May 2nd 2014, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for the information. I am wondering if it might just be too much hassle to "bus" it as we would have to get into ayamonte as well, then coming home with to exhausted boys. If we go I think we will taxi it using the people we always use.
Thanks again.

Alyson
Old May 2nd 2014, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

If you do use a taxi you can take things with you that you would not be able to take on a bus such as chairs and a picnic although there are cafes there. However you get there, have fun

Love from Thelma (aka Kath)