British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Water (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/water-926967/)

Coops Aug 5th 2019 11:43 am

Water

My local town hall (Turon, Granda) has not been supplying me with water - I have had 2 day's water in the last 36 days. My neighbours all have water. Anybody know of a lawyer or anybody else who can assist me. We are in the campo about 7 km above El Pozuelo, Granada Province. Any assistance would be appreciated. We are getting desparate. They won't even answer our messages.

With thanks,

Brian

lurchio Aug 5th 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Water

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 12719030)
My local town hall (Turon, Granda) has not been supplying me with water - I have had 2 day's water in the last 36 days. My neighbours all have water. Anybody know of a lawyer or anybody else who can assist me. We are in the campo about 7 km above El Pozuelo, Granada Province. Any assistance would be appreciated. We are getting desparate. They won't even answer our messages.

With thanks,

Brian

Hello Brian,

I live on the Campo near Baza, Granada. Have you just moved to your place is the first question, if so, do you have your 'Boletin de Agua Potable " lodged with the local town hall. Local Ayuntamientos in Granada are expert at causing you a problem, but never telling you why, or even advising you they are going to do it!

Secondly, have you totally checked that you have a reliable water supply to your house. The problem might be "nearer to home" in that you have a pipeline supply problem, have water which is 'shared' or even controlled from a neighbours house! I have seen this 'on the Campo....where anything is possible and nobody bats an eyelid! Speak to your neighbours first, any work or excavations happened near you? Do not expect it to be officially sanctioned or recorded, but check. Thing is, someone else may even now be connected to your supply before it gets to your water meter.....check. 'Bodging' is a way of life up here!

Next, your Ayuntamiento will probably not review your message for weeks. The only way you can sort this is to GO THERE and ask to speak to the water lady / man. EVERY Ayuntamiento has one, sometimes the same person who sorts your padron. Messaging will get you nowhere, bitter experience.

If you need assistance in the form of a translator, best get some one for a day, to speak to neighbours and the Ayuntamiento same day. (Watch the August holiday period, of course)

Other than that, a Gestor ( you do not need a Solicitor) or even the staff at the Solicitor that handled the the sale of the house.

It's true to say you need to get on your toes quite quickly out on the 'Campo' , strange things happen!

Good luck, hit it head on.....it's the only way!

Ian

cermignano Aug 5th 2019 6:52 pm

In the meantime you may have to get someone to deliver water by tractor in tanks or cubits

chrisjolly Aug 6th 2019 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 12719030)

With thanks,

Brian

Hi and good luck, you really need to go to the Town Hall in person. Messages will not get you anywhere. Find the right person and explain the situation and ask for help. be patient and polite and you might find they will offer assistance.

missile Aug 6th 2019 3:20 pm

Make friends with you council representative ([i=left]Concejal[/i])