Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Watching BBC,Itv via a PC and Spanish digital advise.

Watching BBC,Itv via a PC and Spanish digital advise.

Old Mar 11th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Watching BBC,Itv via a PC and Spanish digital advise.

Hi .
At the end of the month im moving home to stop with a friend. For 8 years here ive had a 2.4mtr dish and full sky TV but Ive got a buyer in the existing block plus Im sort of preparing to move back to the uk anyway so I could do with the dish off my hands.
Anyway I want to ask a couple of questions. Is the only way now for me to watch BBC,ITV through the internet is via FilmonTV? Has anyone any experiences with the basic subscription (£7.99 i think) a month? I know you can watch it for free but now only for about 5 minutes until the subscription message comes up then you have to reset it.

The other question I have is that I also have a spanish freeview box which I could set up in my bedroom but there is no ariel socket in the wall so would a cheap antenna from say Carrefour be sufficiant to pick up the channels(mainly Teledeportes)?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:33 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watching BBC,Itv via a PC and Spanish digital advise.

there are many VPNs (for example vpntunnel.co.uk) that you an use to watch UK TV via the PC....so not just filmon -

although i ams sure all these types of services suffer some slowdown during peak hours...

I have found that some of the basic indoor aerials do not work properly unless it has a nice line of sight to the transmitter.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

When I move I will have cancelled my ADSL and will only have my Yoigo 3mb dongle which Ive just found out that after my limit it will reduce itself to 128kbps. How much online TV will I get out of that? Probably just a few of hours at a guess and I really dont think the reduced 128kbps will be near enough to run Filmon HDI although they do have a low quality option.

I guess another option is to cancel my Yoigo and go with Vodafone as they do a mobile dongle without contract and without limits (illimitado) at 21mbps for 39 euros a month. Im guessing this would be the best and cheapest option to watch online tv. Does anyone think this would work and be the best idea?

Last edited by spainboy; Mar 11th 2010 at 4:47 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

myp2p.eu always has ways to watch uk tv for free, hasn't let me down yet
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
myp2p.eu always has ways to watch uk tv for free, hasn't let me down yet
Yeah I was going to mention that, but the last I checked all their streams were down. Have they updated with new streams?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

VLC + the UKTV.xspf file is fine, just checked and all the streams are working
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
VLC + the UKTV.xspf file is fine, just checked and all the streams are working
Ahh ok... I was using streamtorrent which stopped working. I will have to give this a try.