Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!!

Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!!

Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:02 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!!

Well they probably deserve it -

"On our second and perhaps even more disturbing foray into the lion’s den that is Ryanair, another juicy little money-making scam has been rolled out by them. They have introduced a second baggage checking system to catch all but the very lightweight traveller. By re-checking the baggage for a second time inside the secure departure area, the company, Ryanair in case you forgot, make sure that ladies carrying handbags have to pay for their other, or what would have been, cabin luggage. Others who buy duty free goods in the departure lounge were subjected to the same indignity and had to surrender their cabin baggage in favour of the newly acquired goods.

Here’s the sting

Now, just when you thought it was all over, here’s the sting! These same passengers now have to go back through the system and, because they must re-register their baggage, they will be charged an additional 20 euro administration fee for booking their flight at the airport and not on the internet as the majority do"

Taken from Round Town News Web Site
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

arko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to allarko is a name known to all
Default Re: Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!!

Originally Posted by GrapeEater

"On our second and perhaps even more disturbing foray into the lion’s den that is Ryanair, another juicy little money-making scam has been rolled out by them. They have introduced a second baggage checking system to catch all but the very lightweight traveller. By re-checking the baggage for a second time inside the secure departure area, the company, Ryanair in case you forgot, make sure that ladies carrying handbags have to pay for their other, or what would have been, cabin luggage. Others who buy duty free goods in the departure lounge were subjected to the same indignity and had to surrender their cabin baggage in favour of the newly acquired goods.

Here’s the sting

Now, just when you thought it was all over, here’s the sting! These same passengers now have to go back through the system and, because they must re-register their baggage, they will be charged an additional 20 euro administration fee for booking their flight at the airport and not on the internet as the majority do"

But these passengers will have read the rules and regulations so it shouldn't be too much of a shock.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:28 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by arko
But these passengers will have read the rules and regulations so it shouldn't be too much of a shock.
Exactly, just what I was gonna say as well.

It is not just Ryanair that ask lady's to put their handbags into their hand luggage my sisters flew with easyjet last year and they were asked to as well. I think you will find it all party of airport security and something being inforced by the airport.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:15 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Watch Out! Another Lets Bash Ryanair Thread !!!

The only bad thing I have to say about Ryanair is that they have cancelled some of their schedued flights, and now no longer fly everday to Murcia and Alicante.
I THINK THYE ARE FAB!
You get what you pay for, follow the rules and they provide good value for money. Don't follow the rules and you will pay more. Up to the individual really!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater

Here’s the sting

You are entitled to take ONE item of hand luggage on board, so that covers them in all cases, an extra carrier bag full of booze classes as an extra piece of luggage, seems quite simple to me, and is in full agreement with the booking conditions.

What does seem odd is that from the same article, Ryanair flying between two Spanish towns like Madrid and Alicante is classed as an INTERNATIONAL flight because the carrier is NOT Spanish, so you need your passport.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You are entitled to take ONE item of hand luggage on board, so that covers them in all cases, an extra carrier bag full of booze classes as an extra piece of luggage, seems quite simple to me, and is in full agreement with the booking conditions.

What does seem odd is that from the same article, Ryanair flying between two Spanish towns like Madrid and Alicante is classed as an INTERNATIONAL flight because the carrier is NOT Spanish, so you need your passport.
Personally never travel with a carrierbag full of duty-free booze (or anything else for that matter) ... but every airport the world over gains a lot of revenue from its duty-free sales, which is offset against what it charges for carriers to use its facilities ... can only see that this policy will lead to more expensive flights in the long run!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

The people refered to in the article above have only themselves to blame.

I have received an e- mail from Ryanair today. The rule is clearly stated in black & white.

You are shortly booked to travel on a Ryanair flight (your flight details are detailed above).

Please note the following important information regarding cabin baggage:

• Strictly one item of cabin baggage is permitted per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (your handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc. must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage).

Click here for further information
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....ggageallowance

• If you arrive at the boarding gate with more than one item of cabin baggage or if the item exceeds the maximum permitted dimensions or weight We reserve the right to cancel your reservation without refund and to deny you boarding.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:07 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Wel, as it has been said many times, Ryan does exactly what it says on the tin.

You want cheap, you can't complain if you are given a no frills system.

I do think that that will go down badly with the retail sector as they make a bomb selling the captive travellers goods and duty free. Now, Ryan travellers will have to ignore them unless they are willing to leave space in their lugage.

I just hope they won't twig how much I sometimes carry in my jcket pockets!!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bil
Wel, as it has been said many times, Ryan does exactly what it says on the tin.

You want cheap, you can't complain if you are given a no frills system.

I do think that that will go down badly with the retail sector as they make a bomb selling the captive travellers goods and duty free. Now, Ryan travellers will have to ignore them unless they are willing to leave space in their lugage.

I just hope they won't twig how much I sometimes carry in my jcket pockets!!
I am sure that if Ryanair thought that they could get away with charging more for 'overweight' passengers they would ... the dimensions and weight of each passenger being checked before they are permitted to board
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I am sure that if Ryanair thought that they could get away with charging more for 'overweight' passengers they would ... the dimensions and weight of each passenger being checked before they are permitted to board
That would mean I would never fly again
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:53 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
What, and change the name to 'Slimfast Airlines' ?

At the end of the day, it is their business, and what and how they charge is up to them. If they p*ss off too many people too badly, they will go bust, but as long as they are cheap, there will always be customers
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Touch wood, I have not had a problem with Ryanair, certainly nothing like the nightmare I have always found BA.
However they are moving to only online check-ins-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...-in-desks.html
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:09 pm
bil
Banned

That's already in effect at Stanstead. There is as far as I know, just the bag drop and the little machines that print out your boarding cards.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by bil
That's already in effect at Stanstead. There is as far as I know, just the bag drop and the little machines that print out your boarding cards.
Although I only had hand luggage the last time I travelled with them after I had checked in via the machines there was a lady pointing everyone over to the bag drop of including those with hand luggage. The weight was checked and then I had a little tie tag put on it. I was thinking if you don't have the tie tag then when you go through the security at some point they may check your bag for the tag.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:41 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
What, and change the name to 'Slimfast Airlines' ?

At the end of the day, it is their business, and what and how they charge is up to them. If they p*ss off too many people too badly, they will go bust, but as long as they are cheap, there will always be customers
I suspect their new policy of allowing mobile calls on their flights will prove to be a money spinner. Initially it will be people willing to spend £3 or £5 in order to avoid forking out 100 on a taxi journey. Then you'll get the silly calls "I'm on the plane.."; then you'll get the cretinous teenager ringtone competition (call that crappy? Mt ringtone's far more crappy - listen to this!!!). It'll end with Ryanair setting aside silent cabins - yes, you've guessed it - for a price.

bbc ryanair mobiles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.