British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   washing machine to Spain?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/washing-machine-spain-340622/)

patsywhitehair Dec 2nd 2005 7:40 am

washing machine to Spain??

We are moving to Spain in january and was wondering wether to take our washer/dryer, it is only 2 years old, any thoughts on this anybody. Maybe we should buy a new one when we get there ? thanks,pat

countryboy Dec 2nd 2005 2:20 pm

Re: washing machine to Spain??

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
We are moving to Spain in january and was wondering wether to take our washer/dryer, it is only 2 years old, any thoughts on this anybody. Maybe we should buy a new one when we get there ? thanks,pat

Hello Pat,
I would advise that you buy a surge protector for your washing machine if you do bring it over here to Spain, as this product was made for the UK market. The only thing is if you do bring it over and it develops a fault then how do you get parts for it? If on the other hand you sold it and bought new over here then you would not have that problem. You also get two years warrenty on the machine and the parts would be cheeper.

I leave it up to you to decide good luck
David SR

patsywhitehair Dec 2nd 2005 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello Pat,
I would advise that you buy a surge protector for your washing machine if you do bring it over here to Spain, as this product was made for the UK market. The only thing is if you do bring it over and it develops a fault then how do you get parts for it? If on the other hand you sold it and bought new over here then you would not have that problem. You also get two years warrenty on the machine and the parts would be cheeper.

I leave it up to you to decide good luck
David SR

hi david, thanks for advice, think i will do as you suggest, thanks,pat

shoo Dec 2nd 2005 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair

We brought our washing machine with us, nearly 5 years ago, and it’s still going strong. :D

Regards shoo

jjh Dec 2nd 2005 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by shoo
We brought our washing machine with us, nearly 5 years ago, and it’s still going strong. :D

Regards shoo

We brought ours too. If it's cold fill then I'm sure it will be OK.

pwwm Dec 2nd 2005 9:36 pm

We bought ours three years ago and getting parts is not a problem, you can buy the same machine's here as you can in the UK.