Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

warning!! kids can be snatched anywhere!!

warning!! kids can be snatched anywhere!!

Old May 11th 2007, 4:33 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default warning!! kids can be snatched anywhere!!

A friend of mine has just told me that a young child was snatched out of a trolley in Javea a few days ago!

The mum had one hand on the trolley in which the child was sitting MasyMas, was turned slightly away choosing fish on the fish counter. A man snatched the child! Luckily someone saw what was happening & raised the alarm.

There was a complete lock down & the man did not get away with the child.......but in the moments between snatching her & being caught at the door he had changed her hat & coat!
Old May 11th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: warning!! kids can be snatched anywhere!!

Originally Posted by lynnxa
A friend of mine has just told me that a young child was snatched out of a trolley in Javea a few days ago!

The mum had one hand on the trolley in which the child was sitting MasyMas, was turned slightly away choosing fish on the fish counter. A man snatched the child! Luckily someone saw what was happening & raised the alarm.

There was a complete lock down & the man did not get away with the child.......but in the moments between snatching her & being caught at the door he had changed her hat & coat!
OH MY GOD !!!!

My stomach is in knots.......thanks for that warning.

Like you sad, it can happen anywhere, you just don't think it'll happen to you.

I hope the child is ok and not old enough to realise what danger she was in.....bless her.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

alot of these stories are coming out...I heard something happened in La Canada shopping centre marbella, but cannot find any info on it....scary very very scary
Old May 11th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting thread to read.

http://www.innocenceindanger.org/index.php?id=264
Old May 12th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Alot of these stories fortunately, turn out to be urban myths.

Watch out for similarities in the stories, a lock down at the shop/shopping centre, the child has his clothes changed/head shaved and it has never happened to the person telling you the story, their family or even that they were there at the time of the incident.

A very similar story has been doing the rounds about a large shopping centre near me in the UK for years but the police have yet to receive a report, just lots of frightened people ringing up to see if it's true.
Old May 12th 2007, 7:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
Alot of these stories fortunately, turn out to be urban myths.

Watch out for similarities in the stories, a lock down at the shop/shopping centre, the child has his clothes changed/head shaved and it has never happened to the person telling you the story, their family or even that they were there at the time of the incident.

A very similar story has been doing the rounds about a large shopping centre near me in the UK for years but the police have yet to receive a report, just lots of frightened people ringing up to see if it's true.
even if it is an urban myth............and to be honest I have no idea, as it was told to me in good faith by a friend.............at least it might serve to make people more aware of their kids and what might happen

too many of us, particularly here in Spain, whether living here or on holiday, drop our guards because 'it doesn't happen here'

I have joined too many search parties on the beach where toddlers have been allowed to play while their parents are in a bar 'keeping an eye on them'.....it only takes a second's inattention & that child has wandered off or potentially been snatched
Old May 12th 2007, 8:06 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

A Europe wide Amber Watch system would be a good thing and it would help to get some police forces to take people seriously. To much mañana mañana every where.
Old May 12th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

it is so hard to believe that there is a lot of sad desperate pervs around, and demented people wanting to take someone else's child.
Something really needs to be done.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:24 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

My heart goes out to the family and to anyone who has lost a child. The woman who lost her child in Greece some 16 years ago was on the radio, still hopeful that he would one day reappear. I sincerely hope that Madeline is found unharmed.
I was listening to an interview on Radio 4 yesterday with a woman in the eastern Congo whose tribe had been found hiding in the jungle by guerillas from Rwanda. They murdered nearly all of them with bayonets, including three of her children. She was forced to hang her youngest before she was raped by 19 men. She was allowed to walk bleeding into the jungle as they felt she was about to die anyway. Miraculously she survived, and now has a single child left, who was in a neighbouring village. Her brother was beheaded as he refused to rape her. Radio 4 apologised for the broadcast in the morning slot, but felt it it had to be told. It was abridged to exclude the accounts of forced cannibalism. The victim wanted her story told not for retribution, but as a plea to the outside world to stop it from happening again.
Stories like hers though not always as extreme are commonplace.
I wish it could have as much publicity. I suppose if oil reserves were found in the area the the west might intervene.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:35 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
My heart goes out to the family and to anyone who has lost a child. The woman who lost her child in Greece some 16 years ago was on the radio, still hopeful that he would one day reappear. I sincerely hope that Madeline is found unharmed.
I was listening to an interview on Radio 4 yesterday with a woman in the eastern Congo whose tribe had been found hiding in the jungle by guerillas from Rwanda. They murdered nearly all of them with bayonets, including three of her children. She was forced to hang her youngest before she was raped by 19 men. She was allowed to walk bleeding into the jungle as they felt she was about to die anyway. Miraculously she survived, and now has a single child left, who was in a neighbouring village. Her brother was beheaded as he refused to rape her. Radio 4 apologised for the broadcast in the morning slot, but felt it it had to be told. It was abridged to exclude the accounts of forced cannibalism. The victim wanted her story told not for retribution, but as a plea to the outside world to stop it from happening again.
Stories like hers though not always as extreme are commonplace.
I wish it could have as much publicity. I suppose if oil reserves were found in the area the the west might intervene.
Unfortunately those that could really do something about these barbaric acts lack the incentive and it is almost as though the people it happens to are seen as insignificant and do not matter.

Stories like this need to be told and emphasized in order to gain help for the sufferers, much as we do not really want to hear the details of others torture it is the only way forward.

Human beings are so inhumane to other human beings at times that you despair of ever having a safe and comfortable world.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Unfortunately those that could really do something about these barbaric acts lack the incentive and it is almost as though the people it happens to are seen as insignificant and do not matter.

Stories like this need to be told and emphasized in order to gain help for the sufferers, much as we do not really want to hear the details of others torture it is the only way forward.

Human beings are so inhumane to other human beings at times that you despair of ever having a safe and comfortable world.

Rosemary
Hi
I can not understand how a human being can do the things that they do.
Things need to be done to get these sick people away from normal human beings who just want to have a normal life.
I do not understand what makes these sicko's tick, i do not know if it is an illness or if they are just plain evil.
They obviously do not have a soul or heart and do not care about the impact it has on the people family's or people who are strangers who are plain worried about the torture and abduction of others.

The sex offenders register to me is a pile of poo and has not worked and maybe never will there is always some perv who managers to get away.

I do not know if castration is the way or an island in the middle of nowhere where they can live with guards who knows. Me personally would like to see every sick perv blown up however i am sure the do-gooders will be raging that it is an infringment of there human rights. All i know is the whole world seems to have problems concerning wacko people.

Last edited by Miss Naughty; May 12th 2007 at 11:13 am.
Old May 12th 2007, 12:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You know, people trafficking has been going on for many many years from the "Eastern block" countries. Young girls get bought to the UK with the promise of a better life, but when they get here they are thrown into brothels and made to "earn their passage".

High profile abductions such as the current ones bring it all to the fore, but lets not forget that in our own country there are plenty of "kidnapped" girls & women being forced into prostitution.

Nine years ago a young Portuguese lad was abducted, and his parents say they had three policemen investigating, and the search didn't last long. How lucky we are that things have moved on in 9 years and the media coverage is able to ensure maximum exposure for the McCann investigation.
Old May 12th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Might be interested in reading this as well.

http://infowars.net/articles/january...0107UN_Sex.htm