Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

warning,if you drive like the spanish

warning,if you drive like the spanish

Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of
Default warning,if you drive like the spanish

when im driving,i generally poodle about,get abuse from the guy behind me,i do give him the finger tho,anyway,a guy knocked on my door last week,from the council in fuengirola,a speeding fine from december 10,
100 euros this was issued to me on jan 7,they sent a guy up to me on friday march(whatever) with fine for 100e as i was doing 72kph in a 60kph zone,where i was caught on camera is a road that comes straight of the motorway,so you go from 120 to 60 in a few metres,i expect a few more,tho the kind council give 30% off if you pay in 15 days of getting the fine.
3 months later i guess,i now know beware a car with their boot open they are the bastards
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:54 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: warning,if you drive like the spanish

Not only with the boot open. Around here it have seen cameras in the window of the rear door. The window is open a bit (say 100mmm) and a black object (the camera) sits in there. They sit square onto the road so I do not see how they work but they do.
The second camera is far sneakier. It is about 1500mmm long and 50mm deep. It is again black and sits above the crash barrier and is remove from the car. You can hardly see the thing.
It is easy to get caught when the speed limit changes in a short distance.

BTW if a car is parked in an unusual location and has no triangles out is another reason to be suspicious.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:00 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you got caught to be honest.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Not only with the boot open. Around here it have seen cameras in the window of the rear door. The window is open a bit (say 100mmm) and a black object (the camera) sits in there. They sit square onto the road so I do not see how they work but they do.
The second camera is far sneakier. It is about 1500mmm long and 50mm deep. It is again black and sits above the crash barrier and is remove from the car. You can hardly see the thing.
It is easy to get caught when the speed limit changes in a short distance.

BTW if a car is parked in an unusual location and has no triangles out is another reason to be suspicious.
They probably vary from area to area but around here they're all pewter coloured Renault Meganes!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:58 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm glad you got caught to be honest.
me too. Arseholes who critiscise spanish drivers, poodle around, give finger and take pleasure from inconveniencing other road users cause road rage.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Trying to figure out the method used by the police, and then to somehow paint it as "underhand" is just sad. Whether you were caught by two policemen with stop watches disguised as palm trees, is of no relevance. You were speeding. Just swallow your foolish pride and move on. Oh, and I too am glad you got caught.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Trying to figure out the method used by the police, and then to somehow paint it as "underhand" is just sad. Whether you were caught by two policemen with stop watches disguised as palm trees, is of no relevance. You were speeding. Just swallow your foolish pride and move on. Oh, and I too am glad you got caught.
Yes speed kills yes if you're caught accept it, pay the fine & move on. He has a valid observation, though, when highlighting the ridiculously short distance in which 'they' (whoever decides where signage should be) expect us to deccelerate........ 100-80 in no time at all (literally), 120-60 in whatever distance OP mentions. Speed changes indicated just after the blind brow of a hill making it impossible to know the reduction is coming .....and yes itś an obvious place to slow down, but surely BEFORE the brow of the hill would be more safety-conscious?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:34 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know wether to insulted by the title of this thread
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:08 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
I've never seen watches disguised as palm trees before.............what did the police wear?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sensationalfrog
when im driving,i generally poodle about,get abuse from the guy behind me,i do give him the finger tho,anyway,a guy knocked on my door last week,from the council in fuengirola,a speeding fine from december 10,
100 euros this was issued to me on jan 7,they sent a guy up to me on friday march(whatever) with fine for 100e as i was doing 72kph in a 60kph zone,[F]where i was caught on camera is a road that comes straight of the motorway,so you go from 120 to 60 in a few metres,[/FONT]i expect a few more,tho the kind council give 30% off if you pay in 15 days of getting the fine.
3 months later i guess,i now know beware a car with their boot open they are the bastards

The problem here is that there is very little distance in which to reduce your speed unless you slow down on the motorway itself before the turning and risk being rear ended by the prat following too close behind.

Also most access lanes are pathetically short making it very difficult to accelerate up to speed before entering motorways.

Whoever designed Spanish roads obviously had no driving sense.

Please note I do not condone speeding.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:22 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't comment on this as I have an obsession with speed regardles of if it's on bike or in car. Almost talked OH into us getting a Porsche Cayenne until he googled it . OH genuinly wants me to seek medical help regarding my need for speed!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:44 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Madridboy;8429867]Almost talked OH into us getting a Porsche Cayenne until he googled it QUOTE]

Are you gay?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Yes speed kills yes if you're caught accept it, pay the fine & move on. He has a valid observation, though, when highlighting the ridiculously short distance in which 'they' (whoever decides where signage should be) expect us to deccelerate........ 100-80 in no time at all (literally), 120-60 in whatever distance OP mentions. Speed changes indicated just after the blind brow of a hill making it impossible to know the reduction is coming .....and yes itś an obvious place to slow down, but surely BEFORE the brow of the hill would be more safety-conscious?
Are you serious So it's not even possible at times to slow down ahead of time??
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
The idea is that you should slow down on the motorway before you make your turn off, remember 120kmh is a maximum speed limit, not a minimum one!

The A7 between Málaga and Marbella is a ridiculous motorway because they have had to put entrances to all the new urbanisations and shops they have built in the past 10 years or so.

Btw, I agree all this "bad Spanish driver" nonsense is tiresome. Road deaths have more than halved over the past 6 years or so in Spain because they have started fining and penalising people just like in the UK. The road death rates are so low in the UK because people are scared of getting caught. It's now getting that way in Spain and the difference in accident rates between the 2 countries is very low, despite the UK being just about the safest place in the world in which to drive a car.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Are you gay?
Where have you been for the last god knows how long?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.