Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Warned off parking offsite (airport) by a taxi driver

Warned off parking offsite (airport) by a taxi driver

Old Jan 12th 2015, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warned off parking offsite (airport) by a taxi driver

Hi all. Last time I flew to England we parked our car up on Montenegro area and walked in to the airport. On the way back we got a taxi to our car. The taxi driver told us next time we had to park in the airport. Something to do with taxes. Has anybody heard anything about any enforcible rules/laws etc about this? Faro airport parking is too expensive, added to tolls and petrol etc. So until they bring it down we either have to park off site or use Seville airport.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Warned off parking offsite (airport) by a taxi driver

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Hi all. Last time I flew to England we parked our car up on Montenegro area and walked in to the airport. On the way back we got a taxi to our car. The taxi driver told us next time we had to park in the airport. Something to do with taxes. Has anybody heard anything about any enforcible rules/laws etc about this? Faro airport parking is too expensive, added to tolls and petrol etc. So until they bring it down we either have to park off site or use Seville airport.
We use an off airport car park we call El grumpo due to the owners demeanour but at just €2.50 a day it is affordable. He has a large locked compound at the back guarded by two big ugly dogs in the hire car compound next door. It is as close as some of the on airport parking. Our routine is to drop wheelies and wife at the BP station whilst I take to car to the compound. I then walk back to the BP where wife has ordered freshly made baguettes and fresh orange for our mid flight snacks and two galou and pastel donates for elevenes. Then a steady walk in,straight through security and settle at the departure gate to read the Portugal news.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warned off parking offsite (airport) by a taxi driver

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We use an off airport car park we call El grumpo due to the owners demeanour but at just €2.50 a day it is affordable. He has a large locked compound at the back guarded by two big ugly dogs in the hire car compound next door. It is as close as some of the on airport parking. Our routine is to drop wheelies and wife at the BP station whilst I take to car to the compound. I then walk back to the BP where wife has ordered freshly made baguettes and fresh orange for our mid flight snacks and two galou and pastel donates for elevenes. Then a steady walk in,straight through security and settle at the departure gate to read the Portugal news.
I like it! How do we contact El Grumpo's ??