Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

waiting list for surgery

waiting list for surgery

Old Aug 1st 2015, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waiting list for surgery

Just checked nine months. Has just gone over that but can't see anything happening this month.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 4:04 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

We are helping someone who needs surgery fairly urgently - or so the doctor said. They were promised to have the operation done before the summer, then it was promised for July now they are saying September at the earliest. Given that this was planned and requested in February, seems the waiting times mean nothing.

Also, they had their pre-op tests in May - surely they will be out of date now?
Old Aug 1st 2015, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I know. My friend needs a double by pass been waiting since November. Getting worse by the day.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: waiting list for surgery

Originally Posted by Fred James
That is true, but there is a recent change to the rules which now say that if you are an expat pensioner who is covered under the Spanish system due to having submitted an S1 form, you now have full rights to NHS treatment if you go back to the UK, (not necessarily to return).

Unfortunately, this clearly does not apply to the OP.
Have watched this development since it was announced in about Feb with an action date of April. There is no instruction as far as I know on how to get treatment in UK if you had done the right thing and de registered in UK registered in Spain and registered for health treatment. How on earth would you start the process for say knee replacement if you wanted to go back to UK for it? How would you get into the system if it is all controlled by the GP practises as dictated by the last changes to the NHS? Would you drag yourself across Europe to register with a GP TO GET REFERRED TO A CONSULTANT which could take months and many visits.

It is not all it seems on first glance!
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 1:18 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how Dunmoving (the OP) got on ?
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

I had thoughts as well in that direction. Silence unfortunately?

Would really be helpful to understand the process
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps what was referred to as the "ethics cards" as mentioned in the original post are causing problems?

Last edited by jonboy; Aug 2nd 2015 at 4:19 pm. Reason: I spelt "in" with a t!
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:06 pm
Banned

Louis5 is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Nurses in Spain don't wear gloves.

2) Everyone (including me) woke up during an operation at a Spanish hospital.

3) My old sixth form head of year had a friend that got a back injury in Spain. He told me that birds were flying around in the hospital pooing on everything.

Avoid Spain like the plague! I care about your well being, so please do not get an operation there.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louis5
1) Nurses in Spain don't wear gloves. That is a total lie. My husband spent almost the whole of his last 32 months in hospital and I was with him all of the time. The nurses were always gloved up, they are most particular about it.

2) Everyone (including me) woke up during an operation at a Spanish hospital. How can you possibly think that anyone would believe that you have this sort of knowledge. Utter rubbish.

3) My old sixth form head of year had a friend that got a back injury in Spain. He told me that birds were flying around in the hospital pooing on everything. My grandmother hallucinated that there were squirrels running around the ward so this is a common thing when someone is on meds or oxygen.

Avoid Spain like the plague! I care about your well being, so please do not get an operation there.
Not sure what your problem is, you are welcome to voice your opinion about various aspects of life in Spain but please do not lower the tone by making wild statements such as these.

Rosemary
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Not sure what your problem is, you are welcome to voice your opinion about various aspects of life in Spain but please do not lower the tone by making wild statements such as these.

Rosemary
Do you want me to record a youtube video with me and my mum as a witness to what it is like? Heck I'm sure I could get my old head of year from school to comment too!

1) Was it a private hospital you went to? :-)

2) You can ask me and 2 other people that went to same hospital as me.

3) Nope, this was BEFORE he was under any drugs.

EDIT: Not really proof but look at this, it shows how when dealing with ebola they were only given gloves to use as protection! Spain is only country where a nurse got infected with ebola that had NOT gone to Africa.
http://news.sky.com/story/1350904/eb...es-at-spain-pm

Last edited by Louis5; Aug 2nd 2015 at 7:36 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want me to record a youtube video with me and my mum as a witness to what it is like? Heck I'm sure I could get my old head of year from school to comment too!

1) Was it a private hospital you went to? :-)

2) You can ask me and 2 other people that went to same hospital as me.

3) Nope, this was BEFORE he was under any drugs.
It may be a reasonable idea to create your own topic in relation to your experiences in Spain. That way you can more fully explain what has happened and how it has affected you. Others can give their experience also. I do not think that most of the posters are under the "spell" of Spain and many probably have their own difficult stories to relate.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jonboy
It may be a reasonable idea to create your own topic in relation to your experiences in Spain. That way you can more fully explain what has happened and how it has affected you. Others can give their experience also. I do not think that most of the posters are under the "spell" of Spain and many probably have their own difficult stories to relate.
It would get removed, or I would. Either way it is so much to explain. Forget my experiences, I want people to hate Spain when I show them statistics of why you just shouldn't live there.

Anyway you've made a point, enough is enough. Little offended for being called a liar though, and how EVIDENCE is getting removed (like a video I posted earlier proving police can't enter many parts of Spain, how Spain has biggest favela in Europe).
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

It would get removed, or I would. Either way it is so much to explain. Forget my experiences, I want people to hate Spain when I show them statistics of why you just shouldn't live there.

Anyway you've made a point, enough is enough. Little offended for being called a liar though, and how EVIDENCE is getting removed (like a video I posted earlier proving police can't enter many parts of Spain, how Spain has biggest favela in Europe).
Perhaps take one issue at a time and explore it with the other forum members? Trying to condemn the entire country and everyone in it is perhaps a little adventurous and hopeful in your first 10 posts? Set up your own topic/thread, state your case from your experience and sit back and benefit from the point of view of others - Then challenge their views if they differ from yours, perhaps accept that others will have had a different experience to you but no less true.

Seems like you like to make a contribution, then do so, just do not expect one and all to take what you say without question.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 11:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

1) Nurses in Spain don't wear gloves.

2) Everyone (including me) woke up during an operation at a Spanish hospital.

3) My old sixth form head of year had a friend that got a back injury in Spain. He told me that birds were flying around in the hospital pooing on everything.

Well, if you dont like it then leave. By the sounds of it theres little point in you being there.

I can give you reports of excellent hospital treatment in Spain, and thats including me, first hand after fracturing my skull.

Just because you have issues doesnt mean that the whole Spanish hospital system is crap.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I did not see your deleted post but it is unlike the Moderators to delete "evidence" just because it is anti Spain. If that is the case there is no point in the forum.
Perhaps it was the way your post was written that caused the deletion and not the "evidence " itself. Your posts are vitriolic in their presentation.
It is helpful that all experiences are posted, good and bad, but you should post in a more considered way. I am sure any evidence would then not be deleted providing it came from a legitimate source.
I for one would be interested in what evidence you posted on that basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.