Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vodafone customer services

Vodafone customer services

Old Sep 6th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Vodafone customer services

For the first time since I started with my adsl/landline from Vodafone, I have had some dealings with their "123" customer services and it's been a nightmare getting an answer to a simple query. They just don't seem to have anyone capable of giving an answer without putting you on hold for ages. The last (third) call finally got a (sort of) answer after 38 minutes. Has anyone any tips for dealing with them? My "permenencia" has expired so I think I'll just change providers if it doesn't improve.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 2:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone customer services

Oh thats not too good to hear, I was just thinking of changing my adsl to Vodaphone
Old Sep 6th 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

In all fairness I have to say that I had no problems until recently when I changed address. Their customer service - "123" number - is awful. I have spent 2 hours today trying to get an answer to what is going on with my change of adsl and landline. The technique seems to be if they don't know the answer, put you on hold then unplug the call . The first man I spoke to didn't seem to know that Telefonica engineers instal adsl for Vodafone clients. When I mentioned that the Telefonica engineer had put a note through my door asking me to contact Vodafone - he said (paraphrased) "but sir we are Vodafone, not telefonica".
I am on Vodafone en tu Casa which gives a landline via a sim card. It has worked fine but some of the call centre staff don't seem aware of how it works. I was originally told I would be sent a text with my new landline number (required because of changing the area) but when I mentioned this today they seemed bewildered. I think the problem is inadequate training.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Well it seems like a major improvement over Telefonica.

Telefonica only speak rubbish in Spanish but Vodafone can speak rubbish in English!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petew
Vodafone, I have had some dealings with their "123" customer services and it's been a nightmare getting an answer to a simple query.
Isn't the piped music HORRENDOUS I think they are trying to frighten you away with it.

Vodafone do not have a customer service facility, they are there to fob you off

Total of 95 mins plus 2 promises of returned calls that didn't it would be a joke if it wasn't that we are paying for it.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh thats not too good to hear, I was just thinking of changing my adsl to Vodaphone
DON'T

I tried to get an email address out of 123, they denied they had one.
However in my contract it is given as :- [email protected]

If you send an email you get an automated response saying you will receive a reply within 48 hrs. I am still waiting for a response from a query at 11.15 am on 27/8/2010
Old Sep 6th 2010, 5:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sod

I pay €70 a month for phone and adsl and Vodaphone charge €29 inc TF line

Suppose I'll have to look elsewhere
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh sod

I pay €70 a month for phone and adsl and Vodaphone charge €29 inc TF line

Suppose I'll have to look elsewhere
I don't think Vodafone customer services are any worse than any of the others....they are all pretty much on par so it is hard to differenciate them on that basis.

A couple of days ago on the TV there was some news type programme where a 'reporter' pretended to be a customer of Telefonica then Vodafone then Jazztel, systematically going through all the big name operators, and called each of their help lines in turn with a relatively simply enquiry. I can't remember the exact results now but the shortest call was circa 40 minutes and that went up to well over one hour for one of the other operators.

Trying to remember who came first and last.....I think Telefonica might have been the worst of the bunch....I'll see if I can find something about the programme and post the results.

But the one clear result that came from the programme was that they are ALL bad without exception!

Last edited by Veleta; Sep 6th 2010 at 9:45 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
However in my contract it is given as :- [email protected]

If you send an email you get an automated response saying you will receive a reply within 48 hrs. I am still waiting for a response from a query at 11.15 am on 27/8/2010
I have now had a reply to my email enquiry.

They quote there own reference number and the date of 5/9/2010.
I have sent several emails trying to get a response, but the reference number is the one they first generated on 27/8/2010. Surely their system would show the multiple enquiries with that number and the ORIGINAL date

Their reply which I believe is not autogenerated this time, says they will contact me, I'm not going to hold my breath. it could be fatal
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of my gripes with Spain, no one gives a toss about customer service ,the bigger the company the worse they are ,

Many seem to give the message that customers should pleased that they let them buy from them and should be quiet when they have!!!

In other words "we have your money now *iss off!!!"

Oh for a UK style county court system
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update on my continuing attempts to get some sense out of Vodafone customer services. I have now had an e mail saying they need a number to contact me! They say they have been trying to contact me on a landline number I have never seen before. This despite me giving my Orange mobile number to 123 customer "services" twice 3 weeks ago and having given it in an e mail (which they acknowledged) and having given it when I first asked them to move my adsl.

I am on the verge of giving up!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:25 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Update on my continuing attempts to get some sense out of Vodafone customer services. I have now had an e mail saying they need a number to contact me! They say they have been trying to contact me on a landline number I have never seen before. This despite me giving my Orange mobile number to 123 customer "services" twice 3 weeks ago and having given it in an e mail (which they acknowledged) and having given it when I first asked them to move my adsl.

I am on the verge of giving up!
AAWWWWW dont give up, all you need is CMAN on the case.

Its all so easy, just do what he does and all will be OK. Pecker up. Dont dispair help is at hand.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...16#post8879816

This thread post 35, will tell you all where you are going wrong.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

You are right of course and I do manage to stay cool most of the time. But with organisations like Vodafone it's impossible to build any sort of rapport - each time you phone you get a different person.

I tried ringing the landline number they said they had been trying to contact me on - it turns out it's my new landline number which I have been waiting for!! Today was the first time I had ever seen it! Do they think I'm psychic or something?? They were supposed to have sent me an sms telling me the new number - or they could have sent an e mail. How can a major company be so spectacularly hopeless!!!! More to the point - how do they get away with it? Sorry- end of rant......

Last edited by petew; Sep 27th 2010 at 7:58 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Still trying to get some sense out of Vodafone customer "services". They have promised to phone me back 4 times and I am still waiting. I have sent e mails but they just reply "phone 123". It's like the proverbial brick wall and my head's getting sore!
Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still trying to get some sense out of Vodafone customer "services". They have promised to phone me back 4 times and I am still waiting. I have sent e mails but they just reply "phone 123". It's like the proverbial brick wall and my head's getting sore!

For the your own health relax

Vodafone do not do CUSTOMER SERVICE they just extract the URINE
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

why don't you go to a VF shop & get the staff to call for you. A few times they have done this - they probably have a dedicated number which gets priority as the problem was fixed quickly.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.