Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Visa over-stayers, how does Spain react to them?

Visa over-stayers, how does Spain react to them?

Old Oct 30th 2021, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport stamps

Originally Posted by DLC
The worse that could happen for staying in Spain more than 90 days without starting the residency process is a fine (it's stated in the 2004 directive) but if you wanted to do it legally, you could have a weekend in another country (EU or non-EU) to break your six month visit into two stays of less than 90 days.
That only works for EU citizens, third country citizens (Brits) also have to comply with the 90 days in 180 days limit that applies throughout the Schengen area.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa over-stayers, how does Spain react to them?

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Originally Posted by VEDShappy View Post
"You have little view of reality and a very limited imagination."

You started it mate!

Rule 4
You stated
"Anyone working in the black economy would have had to go back to the UK as everything including bars etc has been shut for ages during covid.

I simply cannot imagine that anyone of retirement age with all that entails in terms of maturity would not have regularised their circumstances here in Spain, to ensure they did not fall foul of the new post Brexit reality."
The reality, of course, is that they haven't all gone back to the UK.
You say that you" simply cannot imagine " regarding those of retirement age.
It was, as I'm sure you know, at those comments my remarks were made regarding reality and imagination. Of course after this you then chose to claim that your post was" tongue in cheek ".
While I'm here, please don't refer to me as" mate", we're not mates and unlikely to ever be.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 8:04 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

That is called irony and it apperently alluded you...
Old Oct 30th 2021, 8:09 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

I was talking about EU citizens as my post was a reply to Shappy and Lou. Oh dear, this is a "complicated" thread...
Old Oct 30th 2021, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

That is called irony and it apperently alluded you...
I think spelling possibly eludes you..( nice smiley face)
Old Oct 30th 2021, 8:23 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Or should that be, I think GOOD spelling possibly eludes you..( nice smiley face)
Old Oct 30th 2021, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Or should that be, I think GOOD spelling possibly eludes you..( nice smiley face)
Not to mention dependent prepositions and mistaken homophones.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 10:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What is the matter with all of you. A good conversation ruined by people thinking that it is clever to try to score points off each other. Not in the Spain forum thank you very much. We endeavour to maintain civilised discussions.

Closing this thread.

Rosemary