Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vine Ripened Trumpers

Vine Ripened Trumpers

Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vine Ripened Trumpers

Originally Posted by lynnxa
but what are they really called?

the latin name maybe, cos I'm sure I'm not the only one to come up with nothing from google with the name you're using, and as campolife says, some pictures so that we all know what to look out for
I'm betting on little green men causing the screeching sound (either that or the cackling of Google accountants delighting in the sudden influx of bizarre searches - mine included, I hasten to add)
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

HaHa

I still have to say WUM
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you see a cow scratching it`s arse then you know it has been near them.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:21 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lynnxa;8249037]but what are they really called?

the latin name maybe, cos I'm sure I'm not the only one to come up with nothing from google with the name you're using, and as campolife says, some pictures so that we all know what to look out for[/QUOTE

I agree lynnxa I have googled and have come up with nothing. We have 2 dogs and a cat so we would really like to know the risks and to be able to identify it would be a blessing
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

but what are they really called?

the latin name maybe, cos I'm sure I'm not the only one to come up with nothing from google with the name you're using, and as campolife says, some pictures so that we all know what to look out for
sorry i am not sure of the Latin name however i will ask my horticulturer friend in the uk and hopefully he can send me a picture so i can post .If anyone else has a pic please post ,my friend has just told me they are dangerous when approached but mainly they prefer to lie flat in damp areas in and around ¨Rancid Turnips ,pigs cheeks and have been found in abandoned shoes hence dancing queens soft shoe shuffle comment i presume .Hope this helps
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:25 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

If this is some sort of windup, then it´s really not funny.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:28 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simon2129
sorry i am not sure of the Latin name however i will ask my horticulturer friend in the uk and hopefully he can send me a picture so i can post .If anyone else has a pic please post ,my friend has just told me they are dangerous when approached but mainly they prefer to lie flat in damp areas in and around ¨Rancid Turnips ,pigs cheeks and have been found in abandoned shoes hence dancing queens soft shoe shuffle comment i presume .Hope this helps
Get a grip, this really is not funny
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is kind of unbelievably funny..... they've been yellowy green plants which secrete red liquid & screech, they've been prawn like creatures, they've been trollops, turnips, native to North Africa and the Canaries yet only in confined conditions in Fuerteventura...... they can't even keep a consistent story going

Oh, and btw, google The National Horticulture, the presumably expert journal they quote.....

Last edited by fionamw; Jan 14th 2010 at 7:38 pm. Reason: ho hum.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:03 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well it is kind of unbelievably funny..... they've been yellowy green plants which secrete red liquid & screech, they've been prawn like creatures, they've been trollops, turnips, native to North Africa and the Canaries yet only in confined conditions in Fuerteventura...... they can't even keep a consistent story going

Oh, and btw, google The National Horticulture, the presumably expert journal they quote.....
They quote what Fiona ?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:22 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is this supposed to be it http://www.gardenology.org/wiki/Trumpet_vine?
Or am I just adding to chuloogle, I mean google finances as well?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:23 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw

where's rugbymatt when you need him?

he'll know
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:27 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Is this supposed to be it http://www.gardenology.org/wiki/Trumpet_vine?
Or am I just adding to chuloogle, I mean google finances as well?
that's all I (& fiona I think) came up with

but it doesn't fit the description given & says nothing about a foul smell or screeching
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by campolife
Wind Up Merchant
possibly

look at these
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:18 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

that's all I (& fiona I think) came up with

but it doesn't fit the description given & says nothing about a foul smell or screeching
fuuny thing is that google brought this site in the first search result.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madridboy
fuuny thing is that google brought this site in the first search result.
Yip.

Ref. The National Horticulture, it was mentioned as the place referring to the little blighters as rancid trollops .... which incidentally means Loose Women & reference to Loose Women is the only mention of rancid trollops I found when googling. Ho hum (ps your link came up with no matches Lynn, or was that the point?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.