Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Vine Ripened Trumpers

Vine Ripened Trumpers

Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all
Default Vine Ripened Trumpers

Hi Does anyone know it they are dangerous ,we saw some in Fuertuventura but this was is confined conditions ,i never realised they were here in mainland Spain
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:46 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vine Ripened Trumpers

Originally Posted by simon2129
Hi Does anyone know it they are dangerous ,we saw some in Fuertuventura but this was is confined conditions ,i never realised they were here in mainland Spain
What on earth are they ?????
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

Hi Sam they are a wild plant yellowy green in colour that give of a smell that is descibed in The National Horticulture as ¨rancid trollops¨ .They are dangerous but more so to animals . Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

dancing queen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam they are a wild plant yellowy green in colour that give of a smell that is descibed in The National Horticulture as ¨rancid trollops¨ .They are dangerous but more so to animals . Thanks
Oh my goodness, dont say these little blighters have found their way to mainland Spain....I encountered these about 11 years ago on the canary Islands. The damage and pain i witnessed was awful. Be careful of the red liquid that they secrete. Be careful, they also screach so at least you can hear them , however they are tiny.....my advice is seek help.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dancing queen
Be careful, they also screach so at least you can hear them , however they are tiny.....my advice is seek help.
You're scaring me...
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dancing queen
Oh my goodness, dont say these little blighters have found their way to mainland Spain....I encountered these about 11 years ago on the canary Islands. The damage and pain i witnessed was awful. Be careful of the red liquid that they secrete. Be careful, they also screach so at least you can hear them , however they are tiny.....my advice is seek help.
screeching plants that cause damage and pain.

sounds like something from some sci-fi movie.

Very scary.

Can anyone elaborate more?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paintermujer
screeching plants that cause damage and pain.

sounds like something from some sci-fi movie.

Very scary.

Can anyone elaborate more?
Hi i dont know that much about these plants ,i would not like to frighten anyone .I have been told however they are dangerous to dogs and cats who come into contact with them especially when growing wild .They apparently ¨dance before they excreet¨ in what quote can be only described as Lumping Turnips hope this helps
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

Perhaps Simon should change his name to WUM. Don't believe any of it.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campolife
Perhaps Simon should change his name to WUM. Don't believe any of it.
WUM? explain?
nb trumpet vines are indeed known as cow itch plants, but bear no resemblance to any known turnip, screeching or otherwise, living or dead.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

Wind Up Merchant
Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Wind Up Merchant

aahhhh!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

dancing queen is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to tell you that simon is indeed not a wind up merchant.....any campo person would possibly know about these pesky, prawn like pests although they are more evident in the canary islands which is where i first witnessed that they are real.Apparently they originated in Mexico many years ago where they are known to the old native mexicans as the " soft shoe shuffle squirters"......yes i know its a little un-savoury and bizzare, but so are the processionary caterpilars that are quite visually evident, unlike the hidden trumpers.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

OK

Those who post in support of these "trumpers" can you please supply photos and links to evidence.

If this is so bad we all need educating on the subject properly.

Be good to see what you come up with.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

OK

Those who post in support of these "trumpers" can you please supply photos and links to evidence.

If this is so bad we all need educating on the subject properly.

Be good to see what you come up with.
Thank you campolife ,i only asked about the Trumpers out of interest and concern for my animals as i believed they were only native to North Africa and the Canaries. In the words of Larry Gregson ¨ The only plant to swim the amazon must first Tango in Turnips¨,hence the Turnip phrase
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you campolife ,i only asked about the Trumpers out of interest and concern for my animals as i believed they were only native to North Africa and the Canaries. In the words of Larry Gregson ¨ The only plant to swim the amazon must first Tango in Turnips¨,hence the Turnip phrase
but what are they really called?

the latin name maybe, cos I'm sure I'm not the only one to come up with nothing from google with the name you're using, and as campolife says, some pictures so that we all know what to look out for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.