villamartin

Old Jul 1st 2015, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Greensleeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default villamartin

Hi all,
can any of our members give me their opinion on villamartin. We have recently viewed property there, and would appreciate any thoughts, good or bad on the area, especially what it is like out of season.
Thanks,
Dave.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: villamartin

Originally Posted by Greensleeves
Hi all,
can any of our members give me their opinion on villamartin. We have recently viewed property there, and would appreciate any thoughts, good or bad on the area, especially what it is like out of season.
Thanks,
Dave.
Is it for holiday or perm living?

We had an apartment there for 9 years and loved it for holidays. Always something going on, even out of season, the golf course makes it an all year round destination. Villamartin covers a large area, so there are some nice parts of Villamartin and some (shall we say) less nice places! Our apartment was just across the road from the Plaza, in Las Violetas, which was great, there are others urbs, within Villamartin, but in less attractive areas.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated, we like the area, but have a bit of research to do yet before we commit. We are looking to use it for holidays as well as my wife and I spending a few months at a time, more so out of season, so we are trying to find out what the services are like, shops, buses etc.
Regards,
Dave.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

had a nice meal at the steak house Villamartin a few weeks ago. pleanty of resturants and bars plus enteretainment in a very friendly environment. short drive to beaches (not walkable i dont think) and short drive to Zenia boulevard. Nice area.......
Old Jul 4th 2015, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, l have family living on Villamartin and we've stopped with them several times over the years. Personally It's not an area that I would like to live permanently.

You will definitely need some sort of transport as there is no bus service that picks up around the estates and it can be an awful long walk to places like the beach and local shopping centres.

The Plaza is a very nice bar and restaurant area and there are several shops.

The price of property has fallen dramatically over the past couple of years (half price now to what my relative paid 10 years ago!)

Steve.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all again,
Thanks a lot for the comments, much appreciated, from what we have seen, it seems to be an area that would be ok for a few months out of season, I would like to know the areas that are considered not so nice, if anyone could give their opinion it would be great.
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Entre Golf area.
Thanks again for all the help.
Cheers,
Dave.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dave, did you take a look at this one? http://www.sunseekingeurope.com/propertysales/sale/339049/HSRF-F0636.html
Dave get yourself down to Cabo Roig you find a nice 2 bed house sun terrace 2 bathrooms and sea views if look hard enough. It's an all year round resort with many people living there full time.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Wilsman, thanks for the link, we intend to have a look at Cabot Roag, we have been to La zenia this morning, looked a lovely area. We have seen so many lovely areas, so we have to take time and find the area that suits our needs.
much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greensleeves
Hi Wilsman, thanks for the link, we intend to have a look at Cabot Roag, we have been to La zenia this morning, looked a lovely area. We have seen so many lovely areas, so we have to take time and find the area that suits our needs.
much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave.
20 mins from the airport, how good is that. What's the weather like over there? Go on make us all envious.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the newer properties in Villamartin are nice on the eye, and there is some money there, some €1million + properties aswell, but I do not feel it looks a bit run down the rest of it, like La Marina, just not for me, there are some stunning views from certain areas of Villamartin though.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi all thanks for the replies, we had a look at Cabo Roig, yesterday, lovely area, weather brilliant, great sea frontage. Very difficult not to like any of the places we have seen.
Thanks.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

101wvd is an unknown quantity at this point

We also looked at Villa Martin yesterday!!! We found a couple of places we like. We went to Cabo Roig but the only property the agent showed us was like a prison so did not get a full look round. We also liked Playa de Flamenca.

On Sunday we went down to the Mar Menor Golf Community. It is a little way out but only 15-20 minutes from La Zenia. Lovely pub type club house and small Spa. There is new building going on again and there were quite a few people looking round as it is so cheap.

The temperature at Guardamar this morning was 102. We loved that beach and small promenade to walk down and stop and have a drink.

So many places and so hard to know which areas are good or bad. Our favourite house is in Villamartin but I don't know if it is in a good area - it looks as though it is but who knows?????
Old Jul 8th 2015, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 101wvd
We also looked at Villa Martin yesterday!!! We found a couple of places we like. We went to Cabo Roig but the only property the agent showed us was like a prison so did not get a full look round. We also liked Playa de Flamenca.

On Sunday we went down to the Mar Menor Golf Community. It is a little way out but only 15-20 minutes from La Zenia. Lovely pub type club house and small Spa. There is new building going on again and there were quite a few people looking round as it is so cheap.

The temperature at Guardamar this morning was 102. We loved that beach and small promenade to walk down and stop and have a drink.

So many places and so hard to know which areas are good or bad. Our favourite house is in Villamartin but I don't know if it is in a good area - it looks as though it is but who knows?????
My friend she works for Mapfre, the insurance company, she tells me that Villamartin is the highest amount of claims, in the Torrevieja area, in fact it is through the roof for theft. There is one area I can find our later, where they have said that they might not even insure in future.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the reply, a very interesting point, I would guess quite a lot of research is still to be done before we can decide on the area we prefare.
Thanks,
Dave.
Old Jul 8th 2015, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy that would be very interesting to know. I have a place in Cabo! still at least it hasnt been washed awawy or started to crach and sink like some places i know of.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.