Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

via t tag for tolls where

via t tag for tolls where

Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default via t tag for tolls where

Where in Ayamonte does one get such an elusive device?

Tried over the Border in the Tourist info office to get a Portuguese one as I am now doing more and more cross border trips , and it was suggested that Via T will do me better than single ones for each country I go through as It also covers France Portugal and Spain.

Thanks for any info
Old Nov 14th 2014, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: via t tag for tolls where

Originally Posted by algarveandroid
Where in Ayamonte does one get such an elusive device?

Tried over the Border in the Tourist info office to get a Portuguese one as I am now doing more and more cross border trips , and it was suggested that Via T will do me better than single ones for each country I go through as It also covers France Portugal and Spain.

Thanks for any info
If you want to travel between Spain and the Algarve you only pay the toll after the 2nd exit[ Monte Gordo]

If you want to travel beyond the 2nd exit you need to call into the Customs post after the bridge.

Go to the Barrier and put your Credit Card in the machine. It registers your car reg with the card and for the next month all your journeys will be charged on your card. After the period do the same again.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , I already know this.

But I do a few thousand kms a month , so looking for a Via tag , the place you mentioned said it would be better for me as it can be used in Spain , Portugal and Possibly Southern France.

I really cant be bothered avoiding tolls anymore , I save nearly a day a week using them instead of avoiding them.While this may increase the cost , vs another day added to my week , it more than balances off in increased working hours at 80 euros an hour.

There is other options but paying their 7 percent fees on top of tolls is laughable for a single unit for Europe , expecially when France is taking a liber-te already with increasing toll charges on a near daily basis it seems.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Morning All,

Reading this page:

Via Verde

leads to this page:

Inicio - Via-t Sistema de Telepeaje

Hope this is of some help.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 11:41 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi - go to the post office in Villa Real. Sharon