van for hire?

Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default van for hire?

Anyone got a van that they could hire me Jan 8th and possibly Jan 9th.I need to fetch furniture from Ikea and others in Malaga to Auqadulce near Antequera.I drive a 3.5ton Fiat Ducato in UK and something simlar would be fine.We are flying into Granada on 5th of Jan and out of Granada 10th Jan.Thanks Stuart.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:20 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: van for hire?

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
Anyone got a van that they could hire me Jan 8th and possibly Jan 9th.I need to fetch furniture from Ikea and others in Malaga to Auqadulce near Antequera.I drive a 3.5ton Fiat Ducato in UK and something simlar would be fine.We are flying into Granada on 5th of Jan and out of Granada 10th Jan.Thanks Stuart.

Why dont you try hiring one from the hire company at the airport, which would double as transport whilst you are here?
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

I know of "boxer" van, Malaga area, 109€ per day if interested?
Old Nov 10th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Why Ikea in Malaga?? Surely Ikea Sevilla is nearer to Aguadulce
Plus there are numerous places in the area who would will make furniture to your specifications out of solid wood cheaper than you pay for poor quality MDF based stuff.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Why dont you try hiring one from the hire company at the airport, which would double as transport whilst you are here?
I have tried a lot of them and also holiday autos,nothing doing.Thanks anyway.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by big wheels
Why Ikea in Malaga?? Surely Ikea Sevilla is nearer to Aguadulce
Plus there are numerous places in the area who would will make furniture to your specifications out of solid wood cheaper than you pay for poor quality MDF based stuff.
I have been staying in Arroyo and found a couple of places that do solid pine at a decent price as well as some stuff from Ikea.Just thought that Malaga Ikea may be better with it being bigger and new.Also like some stuff in Rapimueble who have a place in Antequera,but I donnt know if they deliver.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

50 Euros per day would be better!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

sapper has a spectacular aura aboutsapper has a spectacular aura aboutsapper has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried "Lucena"? just north of Antequera this is where a lot of the furniture that comes into Malaga and surrounding areas is manufactured. There is a road about 2 km long which used to be the main road before the new road was built. The town has always been known for furniture and there are manufacturing units with sales areas in front down both sides of the road.There is a tremendous choice and of course variation in prices .They also deliver mainly on the days when they are delivering to shops in that area. One we found very good for pine was Muebles Anabar 957 51 51 68 they will make anything to any size but its a bit more expensive than their stock items, they will also stain to any colour.
There is a guy in our village who has a tranny will hire himself out with the van by the day or hour we are 35 mins north malaga airport 1 hr Antequera.
he is called Jason 952 456 079. Avoid IKEA Malaga its a mad house at the moment. Good Luck
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:23 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

There are 2 van hire places in Antequera...Autoalquiler Lucena (who are also in Lucena!) and Atesa, both on the poligono nr the hospital.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

OK Thanks for all that.I might have a run up on Sunday to Lucena.Any idea if any of the shops will be open?I will give Muebles Anabar a ring on Saturday.I know where the hospital is in Antequera so I will try and see about the cost of a van.Thanks again.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Except for the big Carrefour supermarket, you will find everything closed on a Sunday.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

sapper has a spectacular aura aboutsapper has a spectacular aura aboutsapper has a spectacular aura about

OK Thanks for all that.I might have a run up on Sunday to Lucena.Any idea if any of the shops will be open?I will give Muebles Anabar a ring on Saturday.I know where the hospital is in Antequera so I will try and see about the cost of a van.Thanks again.
Stuart
Get ready for Spain it closes with the exception of a very few Garden centres and some large stores on saturday lunchtime. Sunday everything is closed in Malaga except those Opencor shops and garages selling fuel Dont rely on shopping sunday and saturday morning is a lottery as there seems to be no system for whos open, and who is closed. IKEA will be open all day sat but not sun.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sapper
Stuart
Get ready for Spain it closes with the exception of a very few Garden centres and some large stores on saturday lunchtime. Sunday everything is closed in Malaga except those Opencor shops and garages selling fuel Dont rely on shopping sunday and saturday morning is a lottery as there seems to be no system for whos open, and who is closed. IKEA will be open all day sat but not sun.
Well thanks again for the info.I might try and get up on Saturday morning.Going to the Malaga match later on.