Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valor Catastral

Valor Catastral

Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valor Catastral

I'm hitting a problem with doing my OH's non-residents tax online with the very helpful and economical UK company...
I gave them the V.Catastral from the Adeudo por Domiciliaciones from Unicaja (relating to IBI but that should I think be immaterial) and the figure they've come back with is significantly lower than we've been paying previous years through our solicitor. And I don't mean the fees. I mean the actual tax. I'm convinced I must have given the wrong figure so wondered if it's possible to obtain the V.Catastral online or do I have to run the gauntlet of the Ayuntamiento?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valor Catastral

Originally Posted by fionamw
I'm hitting a problem with doing my OH's non-residents tax online with the very helpful and economical UK company...
I gave them the V.Catastral from the Adeudo por Domiciliaciones from Unicaja (relating to IBI but that should I think be immaterial) and the figure they've come back with is significantly lower than we've been paying previous years through our solicitor. And I don't mean the fees. I mean the actual tax. I'm convinced I must have given the wrong figure so wondered if it's possible to obtain the V.Catastral online or do I have to run the gauntlet of the Ayuntamiento?
The value that is used to calculate the IBI payment is the cadastral figure multiplied by a 'fudge' factor.

Maybe this is why it's not coming out correctly - you may need to use the multiplier to get the real value.

just a thought????
Old Dec 12th 2013, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
The value that is used to calculate the IBI payment is the cadastral figure multiplied by a 'fudge' factor.

Maybe this is why it's not coming out correctly - you may need to use the multiplier to get the real value.

just a thought????
No..... I didn't make myself clear. I need the valor catastral for calculating Non-Resident Tax and the figure I've been given is so much lower than the previous payments via our solicitor that I wonder if I've got the wrong numbers somehow. I only mentioned IBI because it was on that particular Unicaja sheet. It clearly itemises V. Catastral, V. Catastral Sueo, V Catastral Construccion, etc., so I thought I'd got the right figure. I know I can go to the Ayuntamiento I was just hoping to avoid that particular delight by using the wonderweb!

Last edited by fionamw; Dec 12th 2013 at 5:01 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 5:24 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

My point was that maybe you should be using the 'adjusted' figure and not the actual c.v.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snikpoh
My point was that maybe you should be using the 'adjusted' figure and not the actual c.v.

Ok thanks for your help. I'll have to hope either the ayuntamiento has the 'correct' figure or can enlighten me about how to calculate it!!!
Old Dec 12th 2013, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I use the Valor Catastral from the IBI receipt never had any problem. There are a number of different values shown on the IBI but Valor Catastrol is clearly shown. Just re solicitors first year I did my own and strangely the day I had been to tax office for stickers etc and got home to complete form guess what, solicitor rang saying time for non residents tax Spooky or what or big brother watching or some link from tax office. Anyway I had already worked out my figures much lower than what he was quoting, he said my figures may be wrong? but wouldn't say what his actual figure was for my tax? just what total with charges was, I declined his offer. I had been assured by a knowledgeable person that my figures were correct. I submitted my forms without any problems. Following year I used Spanish tax forms online as very reasonable and wanted to confirm I was right. They sent me completed forms exactly same amount I had calculated, hence I have used them ever since as cost is low and forms are sent and just need me to sign and pay. I have never gone near solicitor for this as they were going to rip me off.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobd22
I use the Valor Catastral from the IBI receipt never had any problem. There are a number of different values shown on the IBI but Valor Catastrol is clearly shown. Just re solicitors first year I did my own and strangely the day I had been to tax office for stickers etc and got home to complete form guess what, solicitor rang saying time for non residents tax Spooky or what or big brother watching or some link from tax office. Anyway I had already worked out my figures much lower than what he was quoting, he said my figures may be wrong? but wouldn't say what his actual figure was for my tax? just what total with charges was, I declined his offer. I had been assured by a knowledgeable person that my figures were correct. I submitted my forms without any problems. Following year I used Spanish tax forms online as very reasonable and wanted to confirm I was right. They sent me completed forms exactly same amount I had calculated, hence I have used them ever since as cost is low and forms are sent and just need me to sign and pay. I have never gone near solicitor for this as they were going to rip me off.
We've gone about this the other way - paid the solicitor for several years - but they DO tell us the tax element and fees separately. Their figure for tax and the tax forms online varies by 200%, which is one disparity. The other is that it made me look at the V.Catastral in detail, and what worried me was that it bears NO relation to the 'market' value of the house...........does yours?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

The Valor Catastral is the correct figure. However, a couple of points.

Firstly, do you know if the CV as been revalued recently. If so, the amount you pay IBI on will be lower than the actual value. This is because the new value for IBI purposes is introduced over 9 year period. I.e the value is lower and increases every year until it reaches the value shown after 9 years.

Secondly, if it has not been revalued recently, and was last revalued before 1st January 1994, then the rate is 2% of the VC, whereas after that date its 1.1%.

I'm sure you know the tax rate is 24.75%, so its not difficult to work the tax paid back to the VC valuation they may have used using both rates.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

My valor Catstaral is about 22000 Euro which is around 1/4 what we paid for the house it is a small village property by the way. The house is in both mine and my wifes name so the cost of non residents tax is split, we pay around 30 Euro per year in tax each. As I say the first year I did it myself following a lot of research and obtaining full details of how to calculate that was on the old forms with stickers that could be handwritten and I came to an identical figure. I used the online system as a means of confirming my calculations and continue to use at as very cheap simple and now the forms have changed and I believe have to be submitted on line which I don't know how to go about.
Just re the Valor catstral ours had been assessed I believe 2004 prior to us buying it has never increased since then. The IBI went up slightly last year but I believe that is because that has been increased as part of the crisis measures and will go up a percentage per year?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobd22
Just re the Valor catstral ours had been assessed I believe 2004 prior to us buying it has never increased since then. The IBI went up slightly last year but I believe that is because that has been increased as part of the crisis measures and will go up a percentage per year?
The VC goes up each year by an inflation factor, set by the government.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I paid the anticipated visit to the Ayuntamiento this morning and the VC was indeed what it said on the most recent bank receipt, ie approx 53,000 .... the house is 300-400k depending on the market, but the most recent Diputacion de Malaga visit was about 2011 and on the Catastro website the house size is correct, mentions the pool etc....
So my quandary is do I complain in arrears about all the overpayments sought by our solicitors?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Well I paid the anticipated visit to the Ayuntamiento this morning and the VC was indeed what it said on the most recent bank receipt, ie approx 53,000 .... the house is 300-400k depending on the market, but the most recent Diputacion de Malaga visit was about 2011 and on the Catastro website the house size is correct, mentions the pool etc....
So my quandary is do I complain in arrears about all the overpayments sought by our solicitors?
300-400k in Colmenar? Does it have 5-6 bedrooms, 350m2 with a pool, walled gardens etc?

It would have to be a superb property to be worth that much in Colmenar nowadays

I know someone who has just sold a 250m2 5 bed dettached villa with pool next to Mijas Pueblo for 220k euros. After being on the market for 5 years. Mijas Pueblo is a lot more expensive than Colmenar
Old Dec 13th 2013, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have my non-resident tax returns prepared by my solicitors here in Spain, before we moved over permanently. One year the person responsible for the returns changed, and the amount we were asked to pay was quite a lot lower than it had been in previous years. I queried this and it turned out to have been their error, so they did not charge me for that year's return nor the tax, in effect refunding what I'd overpaid as it was their fault. I think it would certainly be worth complaining.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CapnBilly

The VC goes up each year by an inflation factor, set by the government.
Mine hasn't in 6 years, I am of the believe that it is re assessed by region every so often. IBI has gone up though.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cricketman
300-400k in Colmenar? Does it have 5-6 bedrooms, 350m2 with a pool, walled gardens etc?

It would have to be a superb property to be worth that much in Colmenar nowadays

I know someone who has just sold a 250m2 5 bed dettached villa with pool next to Mijas Pueblo for 220k euros. After being on the market for 5 years. Mijas Pueblo is a lot more expensive than Colmenar
I don,t see that Valor Catastaral has anything to do with current value of property? More like the old UK rateable value

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.