Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencua region

Valencua region

Old Apr 6th 2022, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencua region

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
Also if you intend on driving in Spain then it’s definitely worth looking a little further back from the coast.

Callosa den sarria, polop, la nucia, finestrat can still be a little expensive but lovely places

further down you have busot, agost, creviellent, hondon de los frailes and nieves going down to catral, dolores, san fulgencio, la marina urb, Rojales, algorfa and los Montesinos, all these places you can buy for very cheap, have great weather and a cheap cost of living, expat communities and Spanish people mixed in abundance.

A little gem of a town on the Costa Blanca is Algorfa, so so cheap to buy and kept so clean and the mayor really looks after the town and everyone in it, situated right next to the la finca golf resort. Very good place to check out.

If you want really Spanish places you would need to go more towards Valencia city itself and if you want more luxury then I would definitely recommend Javea and around that area.

Hope you find your dream home
Really helpful post, I've got a lot of places to check out myself now!
Old Apr 6th 2022, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Opinion
Really helpful post, I've got a lot of places to check out myself now!

Old Apr 7th 2022, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Richielisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Also if you intend on driving in Spain then it’s definitely worth looking a little further back from the coast.

Callosa den sarria, polop, la nucia, finestrat can still be a little expensive but lovely places

further down you have busot, agost, creviellent, hondon de los frailes and nieves going down to catral, dolores, san fulgencio, la marina urb, Rojales, algorfa and los Montesinos, all these places you can buy for very cheap, have great weather and a cheap cost of living, expat communities and Spanish people mixed in abundance.

A little gem of a town on the Costa Blanca is Algorfa, so so cheap to buy and kept so clean and the mayor really looks after the town and everyone in it, situated right next to the la finca golf resort. Very good place to check out.

If you want really Spanish places you would need to go more towards Valencia city itself and if you want more luxury then I would definitely recommend Javea and around that area.

Thanks. Algorfa was a placeatgat caught my eye. I will will look into this a bit more. Thanks for the tips
Old Apr 7th 2022, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

As you said before, if money isn't the issue there are many places to consider. One thing to be aware of in some flat parts is the increased risk of flooding and the other downside with some of the cheaper houses is the lack of privacy/personal green space in urbanizations. Unfortunately a lot of my favourite places along the coast are out of reach and I wouldn't mind a house up here, although wildfires are another issue.

Last edited by Moses2013; Apr 7th 2022 at 7:51 am.