Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia.... where to rent

Valencia.... where to rent

Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

hip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nice
Default Valencia.... where to rent

I will soon be moving to Valencia and would be interested to know any good areas that are not too expensive to rent (I am not looking for something so cheap that I have to live in a bad area). I would prefer to be on or near the coast and am okay to live about 1 mile outside the city as long as it is on the coast. I don't know the area but if there are any major towns with good supermarket(s) and school (for child age 13) even a few miles from Valencia city (as long as not in the mountains) then that would be fine as I am retired and so will not need the city other than for a shopping trip every week or two and for health facilities if (when!) the need arises. Thanks.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia.... where to rent

If you cannot find a place in Valencia itself you are limited to the south due to the rice fields.
I would look just north of the city on the metro map (Alboraya or Almasserra) that are quite close to the beach and also on the metro directly into Valencia.
I have no idea what these towns are like but google maps street view may help.

If you are happy to travel further afield around Cullerra or Gandia may suit you and they also have a train service to Valencia.

Last edited by johnnyone; Sep 19th 2015 at 5:25 am.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 6:32 am
Just Joined

hip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nicehip999 is just really nice

Thanks very much again for your help.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 9:49 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
If you cannot find a place in Valencia itself you are limited to the south due to the rice fields.
I would look just north of the city on the metro map (Alboraya or Almasserra) that are quite close to the beach and also on the metro directly into Valencia.
I have no idea what these towns are like but google maps street view may help.

If you are happy to travel further afield around Cullerra or Gandia may suit you and they also have a train service to Valencia.
That's a pretty fair summing up.
There are coastal developments not far South of Valencia but they are mainly Spanish holiday homes, not very pretty and not ideal for permanent residence imho .
There are lovely country places at reasonable rents 15 or 20 Kms inland, but if the coast is a must then you are much more limited and I suspect a decent place will not come cheap.
Old Sep 19th 2015, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your advice. I am now thinking the city will be my best choice and I will drive or bus to the beach. I have read a blog which said that the City beach area is a bit dodgy at night.