Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia & Surroundings - Information and Help, Please

Valencia & Surroundings - Information and Help, Please

Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

ernani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Valencia & Surroundings - Information and Help, Please

We are planning on spending 2012-2013 academic year in Spain with our twin boys of 8. Valencia is an appealing possibility because of the climate and beaches [as well as English language schools].
We have spent a year before in Madrid and are fluent in Spanish, but know precious little about Valencia and its area.
We will highly appreciate a chance to Skype/email with expats who know the area and can give us some general input and suggestions. Having school age kids, we are mainly concerned about education, where to live, etc.
As we are not going to work outside home [write...write...write...], we can choose any pace that fits the family needs combined with possibilities for a fun time for all.
Thanks so much.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia & Surroundings - Information and Help, Please

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:41 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernani
We are planning on spending 2012-2013 academic year in Spain with our twin boys of 8. Valencia is an appealing possibility because of the climate and beaches [as well as English language schools].
We have spent a year before in Madrid and are fluent in Spanish, but know precious little about Valencia and its area.
We will highly appreciate a chance to Skype/email with expats who know the area and can give us some general input and suggestions. Having school age kids, we are mainly concerned about education, where to live, etc.
As we are not going to work outside home [write...write...write...], we can choose any pace that fits the family needs combined with possibilities for a fun time for all.
Thanks so much.
Please feel free to contact me (via email in the first instance) if you wish - we have been here for over 5 years now and have children in Spanish schools.

Our children are now 13, 13 (twins) and 15. We live in Ontinyent which is slightly inland from the coast - Gandia (the closest beaches) is about 35 minutes away.

There is an English school in Xativa and a sister school slightly closer to Valencia. Alternatively there is an International school in Javea (Xabia).
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Please feel free to contact me (via email in the first instance) if you wish - we have been here for over 5 years now and have children in Spanish schools.

Our children are now 13, 13 (twins) and 15. We live in Ontinyent which is slightly inland from the coast - Gandia (the closest beaches) is about 35 minutes away.

There is an English school in Xativa and a sister school slightly closer to Valencia. Alternatively there is an International school in Javea (Xabia).
snikpoh: Thanks so much. Trying to send you a private message I got the notice: "The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."
Can you please try to send me a private message and I will answer.
Thanks so much.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

snikpoh: Thanks so much. Trying to send you a private message I got the notice: "The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."
Thanks so much.
The Valencia region is huge, as you probably know. Is it the province or city of Valencia that interests you?
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:31 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much.
You will not be able to receive PMĀ“s until the 3 posts are completed. This is done to help to stop those irritating spammers from using the PM system.

Rosemary
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:50 pm
ĀæDĆ³nde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

& don't forget Laude Lady Elizabeth on Cumbre del sol, Benitaxell - they have both Spanish & British curriculum I believe & offer proper bilingual education now
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by montgomail
The Valencia region is huge, as you probably know. Is it the province or city of Valencia that interests you?
I guess we are looking into the city of Valencia or the urbanizations around it, that will allow us to send the kids to the international schools [I think most are located north of the city].
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we are looking into the city of Valencia or the urbanizations around it, that will allow us to send the kids to the international schools [I think most are located north of the city].
There are several regular posters living in the province but I'm not so sure about the city.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

You could try Cambridge House Community College in Rocafort which is near to the city. Very good reputation and within easy reach from the city and surrounding city towns.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for all the input and PM. I have compiled a list of several possibilities and wonder whether anybody has some input regarding some of all of the following schools:
British School of Valencia
El Plantio
Cambridge House Community College
Caxton College
British School Alzira Valencia
American School of Valencia

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2012, 5:13 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Also the English School in Xativa is worth considering.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:32 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Also the English School in Xativa is worth considering.
That one is a 'sister' school to the one in Alzira - very similar.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

grahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nicegrahunt is just really nice

If you are looking in Valencia and around then the schools in order of quality are as follows in my opinion.
Cambridge House
Los Olivos
Caxton College
British school of Valencia
American school in Puzol
El Plantio (does the IB curriculum)
British school of La CaƱada

At the age of your kids your main problem may be getting a space. The best ones are full. If you want a chat about it do me a Skype request on grahamvp. My wife has worked at Cambridge House for 12 years and as stated above the reputation is excellent. I have a lot of contacts at Los Olivos and Caxton College too for any information required.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again guys.
Grahunt: It will be great to have a chance to talk and get some info - highly appreciated! I didn't even include Los Olivos in my list, as I already talked to Nadia who told me there is no chance even on the eaiting list [as we need 2 spaces].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.