Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia Region - Online Health Appts

Valencia Region - Online Health Appts

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia Region - Online Health Appts

Even better than that - our GP uses an online pharmacy so if he prescribes something, the medicines arrive in the post a day later. Repeat prescriptions are authorised by the GP and then sent out a few days before being required. Had an appointment before Christmas, was advised to get an X Ray, Appointment was waiting when I got home. X Rays taken on the 28th. Results given on the 29th.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 10:03 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It probably is for chronic conditions such as blood pressure or statins but you only collect one month at a time from the chemist.
I get called in at regular intervals for blood tests to check that the dosage level is still correct, so I very much doubt that a full years supply would be such a good idea, though they have occasionally stretched it to two months or a little more by request when everything appeared to be ok.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:36 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it works fine - until I click on the appointment bit - then I get this.....
If you grab the link that it says is broken (swipe it with a mouse and then copy - ctrl c), and then use this link as a favourite, all will work fine in any browser. If one isn't shown - try This link

I had the same problem in Chrome but now use the other link.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:48 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
If you grab the link that it says is broken (swipe it with a mouse and then copy - ctrl c), and then use this link as a favourite, all will work fine in any browser. If one isn't shown - try This link

I had the same problem in Chrome but now use the other link.
thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It probably is for chronic conditions such as blood pressure or statins but you only collect one month at a time from the chemist.
Several options in the UK, we can just drop a repeat prescription form into a box at the health centre, then go back a couple of days later to pick up the prescription from reception, or we can leave the repeat prescription form at a pharmacy, and they will put in the request, collect the prescription and all we need to do is to go along to the pharmacy and collect the drugs.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Several options in the UK, we can just drop a repeat prescription form into a box at the health centre, then go back a couple of days later to pick up the prescription from reception, or we can leave the repeat prescription form at a pharmacy, and they will put in the request, collect the prescription and all we need to do is to go along to the pharmacy and collect the drugs.
That's how it works with us, but it's done via the internet, no dropping off prescriptions. Just amble down to the chemist where it'll be waiting for you. Or they'll deliver if you have problems getting there. Just had my regular diabetes checks, including the eye screening, overall I'm happy with the NHS in our area, it's all free and it works fairly well. Nothing's ever perfect, but there's a lot worse systems. If I were skint and ill, I can't think of many better health services. Lots of charges creeping into the Spanish system, lots of expensive drugs not on the free list, paying for crutches, wheelchairs, ambulances if not emergency, the copago etc. I see Madrid and Cataluña have introduce a €1 per receta charge, I bet the rest will follow. None of it is a big deal for rich expats but for the Spanish it's a different story.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 12:53 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It must be that famous health lottery popping up again. My partner has to go to the local practise and queue for ages behind people wanting a doctors' appointment, when she needs a repeat prescription.
As for costs, I know this must vary for each medicine, but when I was in Spain a few weeks back I was begged by family members to get certain medicines, as they were both better and a lot cheaper than the uk equivalents. Let's hope the costs don't rise too much.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter much how much they cost if you can't get hold of them.

Lots of horror stories in the Valencian region with people being told to come back to the pharmacy and try again next week.
Also limited opening hours.
I have recently been turned down on a couple of items that were easily available a year or two back.

Hard to say what the future holds here, but I would consider the UK health service and pharmacies to be a much safer bet in the forthcoming years.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
It doesn't matter much how much they cost if you can't get hold of them.

Lots of horror stories in the Valencian region with people being told to come back to the pharmacy and try again next week.
Also limited opening hours.
I have recently been turned down on a couple of items that were easily available a year or two back.

Hard to say what the future holds here, but I would consider the UK health service and pharmacies to be a much safer bet in the forthcoming years.
Great system in Spain, as you say, especially in Valencia. Drug companies haven't been paid, farmacias haven't been paid, (owed €450 million) pharmacists have been on strike in an effort to get paid. Yes, it's working well.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:56 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Great system in Spain, as you say, especially in Valencia. Drug companies haven't been paid, farmacias haven't been paid, (owed €450 million) pharmacists have been on strike in an effort to get paid. Yes, it's working well.
Seemed to work ok a few weeks back for me. I was asked to get some medicines by family members in Spain as they were far cheaper, and according to them more effective treatments. The pharmacy I used (in Madrid) seemed to be functioning as normal. Let's hope that any problems in Valencia get resolved (I'm sure posters here who are based there can inform us if in fact they can't get their meds in Valencia)
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by agoreira
You dont and have never lived in Spain so please stop spreading lies.

There has been no obvious shortages in the pharmacies I use in Valencia other than I had to wait 24 hours for one item..

I too buy several different drugs to take to friends and rellies in the UK because they are either cheaper, actually available and are the real thing and not some dirt cheap generic.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by whitelinen
You dont and have never lived in Spain so please stop spreading lies.

There has been no obvious shortages in the pharmacies I use in Valencia other than I had to wait 24 hours for one item..

I'm not really the least bit interested in you or where you buy your drugs, but you're sadly misinformed if you think it's not going on. Or perhaps you simply prefer the head in the sand approach. If I want a sanitised, airbrushed version of Spain I'll come to you, if I want to know what the real situation is I'll get it from the Spanish themselves.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:20 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

So, just out of interest, is the comment that you don't and never have lived in Spain correct?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:50 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

what's your point. I thought he made it clear he has never lived in Spain Stevie who raised this has never lived there since he joined this forum about 5 years ago. Agoreira certainly knows a lot more of what is happening there than some who have lived there for years...fluency helps
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

lynnxa

Yes you are right (I have just encountered the problem on the INSS site)

I thought there used to be a way of carrying on to access the page with Firefox (running V 17.0.1) but that seems to have gone so now the only solution is too use IE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.