Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia Monthly Quota Scheme

Valencia Monthly Quota Scheme

Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

DWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to all
Default Valencia Monthly Quota Scheme

The Valencia monthly quota scheme has been approved and was published in the Diario of the Valencia Govt on September 29th. It will come into effect one month from this date. All the details we have are published on the UKinSpain website.

For each customer who is currently registered under the old scheme i.e. those who have SIP cards with the word 'DEMAND' on them, you will have 20 days from Nov 1st until Nov 21st to apply to join the new scheme without having to present any supporting documentation e.g. padrón/residencia. Any new applicants will also be able to apply from Nov 1st but will need to present the supporting documentation requested by the Valencia Regional Health Authority. The health authority has informed us they will write to all customers affected by these changes. They will also provide details of where to obtain the application form to join the new scheme.

Please note - ALL queries must be directed to the Valencia authorities as we do not hold any more information that that published on our web site or contained in this post. They can be contacted on the free phone number 900 662 000.

The link to the UKinSpain web page is: http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...care-valencia/
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:08 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia Monthly Quota Scheme

Thank you for that info DWP & I take it that you are from the DWP ?

That being the case just why for those who are under pensionable age, but have made many many years of contributions into the system in the UK "&" would indeed be entitled to recive health care on demand in the UK "if" we were still living there, cannot then recive the same in another EU State paid for by the UK.

Brian
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:36 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Thank you for that info DWP & I take it that you are from the DWP ?

That being the case just why for those who are under pensionable age, but have made many many years of contributions into the system in the UK "&" would indeed be entitled to recive health care on demand in the UK "if" we were still living there, cannot then recive the same in another EU State paid for by the UK.

Brian
You have to understand that the main difference is that the UK system is RESIDENCE based whilst in Spain it's CONTRIBUTION based.

I know we've all paid into the UK system but here that makes no odds as the system is different and the payments are not totally tranferable. The best we get is up to two-years worth on the E106.

Like you I'm strugling to come to terms with this. For us, a family of 5, we'll have to pay 5 x 270 per quarter or 450 per month. This compares very well to a comprehensive policy from BUPA international (who are not the cheapest!) - but then everything would be covered (dentistry, eyes etc.) which the Valencia scheme does not.

Hey, ho ......
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
You have to understand that the main difference is that the UK system is RESIDENCE based whilst in Spain it's CONTRIBUTION based.

I know we've all paid into the UK system but here that makes no odds as the system is different and the payments are not totally tranferable. The best we get is up to two-years worth on the E106.

Like you I'm strugling to come to terms with this. For us, a family of 5, we'll have to pay 5 x 270 per quarter or 450 per month. This compares very well to a comprehensive policy from BUPA international (who are not the cheapest!) - but then everything would be covered (dentistry, eyes etc.) which the Valencia scheme does not.

Hey, ho ......
no it doesn't seem right, does it - when a spanish person could get free healthcare in the UK (I think)

this
Are you a minor under 18 years of age?
Contact the social worker at your local health centre to apply for healthcare through ‘La Ley de Minor’.
might be worth investigating - though I suspect that children with parents here won't be covered by it (as if they'd be here without us!)

at least with the Valencian cover 'pre-existing' ills are covered, which I assume they aren't with BUPA
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:06 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
no it doesn't seem right, does it - when a spanish person could get free healthcare in the UK (I think)

this

might be worth investigating - though I suspect that children with parents here won't be covered by it (as if they'd be here without us!)

at least with the Valencian cover 'pre-existing' ills are covered, which I assume they aren't with BUPA
I did contact DWP and (my) children are not covered by this law! My only choice is that if my income is sufficiently low, then I can claim some allowance on healthcare.

With-regard-to BUPA and pre-existing issues, yep, that's the one downside of going private but is perhaps out-weighed by the aditional cover (?)
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I did contact DWP and (my) children are not covered by this law! My only choice is that if my income is sufficiently low, then I can claim some allowance on healthcare.

With-regard-to BUPA and pre-existing issues, yep, that's the one downside of going private but is perhaps out-weighed by the aditional cover (?)
Can´t you set up a business self employed and pay the dues, then surely all your dependents will be covered ?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

it depends if like my OH & I you have pre-existing 'issues' & you'd be amazed what BUPA will call 'pre-existing'!

we used to have BUPA, and the first time we tried to use it we were refused, on the grounds that if I wasn't pregnant it wouldn't have happened

it wasn't a normal pregnancy-related problem, but that was their get-out

I assume your kids aren't covered because you are here, or is it more complicated than that?

Originally Posted by jdr
Can´t you set up a business self employed and pay the dues, then surely all your dependents will be covered ?
you actually have to have a 'proper' business - you can't just 'set one up & pay the dues' - if only it were so easy
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

we used to have BUPA, and the first time we tried to use it we were refused, on the grounds that if I wasn't pregnant it wouldn't have happened

it wasn't a normal pregnancy-related problem, but that was their get-out
Although not with BUPA, but another private company in UK, I paid for over 25 years, and had one large operation and a two exploratory ops, and they then refused to cover me any more for that condition. So, yes if you are fit and healthy, they'll cover you, be delighted to take your money, but God forbid, if you get ill, they'll pull the plug.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

you actually have to have a 'proper' business - you can't just 'set one up & pay the dues' - if only it were so easy
Yeah but, he rents out property so he is more than half way there already. ;-))
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
Yeah but, he rents out property so he is more than half way there already. ;-))
ahhhhhhhhhh
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:36 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, ho ......
Yes I do know how the systems vary, but that is not the point I am making. (BTW I do have a SIP as I worked here)

I like yourself and many others "have paid" into the UK system & if I were a pensioner I would be covered (paid for by the UK)
So why should I not be covered as I paid into the system for 35 years & this can easily be checked by the DWP. Would it not then be correct for the UK to look at an individuals circumstances here & ask whether or not they have a moral obligation to provide for them "if" they had played the game and paid their dues ?

Brian
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Brian, unfortunately that's the way it is, unfair though it may be - take it or leave it.

Eventually the EU will harmonise the whole system so that your health rights are transferable before retirement age but don't wait up for it.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Fred James
Brian, unfortunately that's the way it is, unfair though it may be - take it or leave it.

Eventually the EU will harmonise the whole system so that your health rights are transferable before retirement age but don't wait up for it.
There is an easy way to do it, all Euro countries honour the British Euro health card shown with a Brit passport. ;-)

It would never happen though, the British health system couldn`t handle the embarrassment of everyone going abroad for their treatment. ;-))
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:19 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James

Yes Fred I realise the above (hence I took a job), but as the thread starter appeared to be from the DWP ???? I thought that I would let them know my thoughts.

Brian
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

shellou will become famous soon enough

I wonder if anyone here can advise me on what they think my best course of action is with regards to not me not fitting the set criteria.

Been here a few years and always had private healthcover. Have worked at various times but always been unable to get a contract hence why the private insurance.
A year or so ago I had to stop the private healthcare due to financial constraints (oh for hindsight!). Ive been getting a bit of pain on and off for couple of months so went with my emergency card in June to the medical centre who sent me home with 'possibly wind'. This week is got really bad so went to a private hospital as an emergencywho diagnosed me straight away with a tumour that needs to be removed quickly.

They gave me a rough quote which I could just about afford (savings, beg, stealing and borrowing from family). The proper quote has come back at double and I will no way be able to pay it. I wasnt too worried as I thought well this is an emergency so I will be covered on my EH1C card.
Well I was wrong! the medical centre/hospital say its not an emergency as such and that i need an E112...so i called overseas healthcare in newcastle and was told im not eligible for that either as Im not in the UK and its not planned treatment.

I dont know what to do next! the doctor i saw advised me not to travel as the tumour is large and causing lots of pressure on internal organs so cant get back to UK.

Before anyone says well you shouldnt have got yourself into this situation ..I know that! but I have always tried to do things the right way.

Bottom line is can anyone suggest what I do now? how can this not be classed as an emergency?

sorry for the whingeing 1st post but its been an emotional day.
any advice will be very welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.