Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia Medieval Market

Valencia Medieval Market

Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valencia Medieval Market

For those of you interested there is a Medieval Market at Plaza de Toros in Valencia from 8 - 10 February.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia Medieval Market

Originally Posted by The Oddities
For those of you interested there is a Medieval Market at Plaza de Toros in Valencia from 8 - 10 February.

Rosemary
No idea whether this Medieval Market will be any good but have decided to go today so will report back this evening.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No idea whether this Medieval Market will be any good but have decided to go today so will report back this evening.

Rosemary
Take yer sword with you then, you may come across banditos.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:00 pm

Rosemary
When we arrived in Valencia the Medieval Market had not opened so we went to the Sorolla exhibition which we would highly recommend to all who visit Valencia. The exhibition is on until the end of March at the Bancaja Cultural Centre and is FREE.

The market was much bigger than we expected selling all sorts of items from food to swords. So JDR I could buy one to defend myself with but did not need it because everyone was friendly. One thing that was disappointing was the fact that when we were there quite a lot of the stalls were closed even though there were plenty of people shopping. Canal Nou were at the entrance talking to people so it should be on TV at some point.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

When we arrived in Valencia the Medieval Market had not opened so we went to the Sorolla exhibition which we would highly recommend to all who visit Valencia. The exhibition is on until the end of March at the Bancaja Cultural Centre and is FREE.

The market was much bigger than we expected selling all sorts of items from food to swords. So JDR I could buy one to defend myself with but did not need it because everyone was friendly. One thing that was disappointing was the fact that when we were there quite a lot of the stalls were closed even though there were plenty of people shopping. Canal Nou were at the entrance talking to people so it should be on TV at some point.

Rosemary
Perhaps it is on at night time too so a few open later ?
Glad there were no bandits or dragons about. ;-))
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
Thanks for posting this. What is the Sorolla exhibition and where is the Bancaja Cultural Centre.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Perhaps it is on at night time too so a few open later ?
Glad there were no bandits or dragons about. ;-))
There were dragons but they were little cute colourful ones. Graham says cute like him.......not sure I agree!!!!

Rosemary
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by montgomail
Thanks for posting this. What is the Sorolla exhibition and where is the Bancaja Cultural Centre.
The Sorolla exhibition is a series of paintings by Joaquin Sorolla who was born in Valencia 28/2/1863. Sir Arthur M Huntington who founded the Hispanic Society of America commissioned Sorolla to paint scenes to depict Spanish life. The series is called 'Visions de Espaná' and all the paintings are 3.5 metres high with varying widths, one is 14 metres wide. Wonderful colourful paintings with an excellent depiction of light showing people of different areas of Spain.

The Bancaja Cultural Centre is in Plaza Tetuan. You have to queue but I can assure you that it is well worth it. As I said entry is free. There is a large room at the end that is full of books, posters and other items for sale. They are all at sensible prices, especially the one about the paintings and the exhibition which is only 2 euros.

Rosemary
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

The Sorolla exhibition is a series of paintings by Joaquin Sorolla who was born in Valencia 28/2/1863. Sir Arthur M Huntington who founded the Hispanic Society of America commissioned Sorolla to paint scenes to depict Spanish life. The series is called 'Visions de Espaná' and all the paintings are 3.5 metres high with varying widths, one is 14 metres wide. Wonderful colourful paintings with an excellent depiction of light showing people of different areas of Spain.

The Bancaja Cultural Centre is in Plaza Tetuan. You have to queue but I can assure you that it is well worth it. As I said entry is free. There is a large room at the end that is full of books, posters and other items for sale. They are all at sensible prices, especially the one about the paintings and the exhibition which is only 2 euros.

Rosemary
I would like to get to see this exhibition. I will make an effort to get there during half term week - as well as the indoor market that I have wanted to visit for a while!