British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Valencia airport parking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/valencia-airport-parking-729313/)

Mama_Carol Aug 20th 2011 11:51 am

Valencia airport parking

A question for anyone living in Valencia or who knows Valencia airport.

We are flying out of Valencia to Rome in 10 days time. We need to park our car for 8 days while we are away.

We drove to Valencia yesterday for a dummy run.

We priced out parking at the airport's long term car park as €81.90.

We had previously booked with a company called Valencia Car Parking and paid a deposit but after 3 hours driving around and asking people we could not find them. Even after phoning them we still had no luck :confused:

We did see a company called lowcostparking.com. That priced out at €46. They meet you at the airport and take your car and park it off-site then when you return they bring your car to you. At Alicante we have always driven to a company and they have taken you in a shuttle to the airport and picked you up on return. I am not sure I want someone driving my car away to park it in some unknown place :( Also, as our return flight gets in at 23.30 we need to be sure our car would be there for us.

Does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions or comments?

Thanks
Carol

Rosemary Aug 20th 2011 12:05 pm

Re: Valencia airport parking

I think that Mitzyboy has used a company in Alicante who take your car away to their site for you and that they have another branch in Valencia. Hopefully he will put us straight on that. My understanding is that they are very good and very reasonable.

Rosemary

snikpoh Aug 20th 2011 12:14 pm

Some time ago I used a company called "Transfers Direct". I don't know if they are still operating but their numbers were:

659375169 or 606117648

poolboy Aug 20th 2011 12:25 pm

I'd park at Xeraco & take the train. I've left my car there for 3 weeks before - just make sure you get there early & leave it near office.

Train is 5e & tube 1e with the 10 journey card, so 25e all in.

Saving will buy you a coffee in Rome!

Mama_Carol Aug 20th 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 9571094)
I'd park at Xeraco & take the train. I've left my car there for 3 weeks before - just make sure you get there early & leave it near office.

Train is 5e & tube 1e with the 10 journey card, so 25e all in.

Saving will buy you a coffee in Rome!

On this occasion that would not suit us.

We are driving to Valencia on the afternoon of 31/8 and staying at a hotel overnight. We need to park early am on 1/9 then get to airport.
Our flight arrives back on 8/9 at 23.35. Again we are staying at an airport before driving home.

We therefore need parking close to the airport.

Mama_Carol Aug 20th 2011 2:14 pm

We have solved our problem.

I contacted the hotel we are staying at the night before we leave and the night we return. They said we can park in their car park (no charge) while we are away. The cab to the airport will be about €15.

Happy outcome :thumbsup::thumbsup: