Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia Airport - long term car park

Valencia Airport - long term car park

Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:02 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valencia Airport - long term car park

Does anyone know if there is a pre-booking for discounted long term car park in Valencia airport?

I know there is one with Victoria car hire at Alicante airport here, but they don't do Valencia airport for some reason and I was wondering if anyone knew of any other companies that possibly do this.

Thanks
Martha

P.S. My all knowing, all seeing oracle is temporarily out of order today, hence my question

Last edited by MnM; Apr 13th 2007 at 2:05 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia Airport - long term car park

there is a man there in a caravan who you give yuor keys to and he parks your car sounds a bit dodgy to me !!!!

When I last parked there think it was for 4 days and just paid on exit

Will try and find out about the geezer in the caravan and let you know - my friend used him and got her car back in one piece !!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:22 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
there is a man there in a caravan who you give yuor keys to and he parks your car sounds a bit dodgy to me !!!!

When I last parked there think it was for 4 days and just paid on exit

Will try and find out about the geezer in the caravan and let you know - my friend used him and got her car back in one piece !!!
Thanks spain!

Any info would be appreciated.

I did a search for the (normal) long term car park in Valencia and for 7 days it will cost us somewhere in the region of €80 to €90....so a bit expensive.

If it were Alicante (booked with Victoria) it would only be €35 for the 7 days, which I can live with.....but as it is, I think it's way over the top
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Does anyone know if there is a pre-booking for discounted long term car park in Valencia airport?

I know there is one with Victoria car hire at Alicante airport here, but they don't do Valencia airport for some reason and I was wondering if anyone knew of any other companies that possibly do this.

Thanks
Martha

P.S. My all knowing, all seeing oracle is temporarily out of order today, hence my question
Martha get the oracle fixed smartish we need you
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Lemain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnM
Thanks spain!

Any info would be appreciated.

I did a search for the (normal) long term car park in Valencia and for 7 days it will cost us somewhere in the region of €80 to €90....so a bit expensive.

If it were Alicante (booked with Victoria) it would only be €35 for the 7 days, which I can live with.....but as it is, I think it's way over the top
We parked at Valencia airport in January, for ten days and payed over €120. It came as a real shock as I had checked the price online first....they are doing a lot of work there and things are in a state of flux, I think.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:25 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by Lionda
Martha get the oracle fixed smartish we need you
It's being repaired by the high priestess tonight *lmbo*....although she did state that as it's Friday the 13th today, I would get charged extra...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:38 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by Lemain
We parked at Valencia airport in January, for ten days and payed over €120. It came as a real shock as I had checked the price online first....they are doing a lot of work there and things are in a state of flux, I think.
Hi Lemain and welcome to the forum.

I know! It seems Valencia airport is a right ripoff!

The airport webpage is here and re parking it quotes

"There are two public car parks at the airport which can accommodate 2,675 vehicles. They are located at P1 and P4 which is further out and has a bus service to the airport terminal (arrivals and departures).

Rates: First half hour or less, €0.50; second half hour or less, €0.70; all or part of each additional hour, €1.25; daily maximum up to 4 days, €12.35; daily maximum from the fifth day, €9.90."

Which for me means (first 4 days) €49.40 + (additional 3 days) €29.70 = Grand total of €79.10

So whatever I saved on cheap flights, I'm paying in car park fees. I am not a happy bunny

Last edited by MnM; Apr 13th 2007 at 8:45 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:44 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

To be honest I drive to my nearest station (manuel) and park up nearby and get the train to valencia, saves all that stress, funny thing was 6 months ago decided to go in car and blow me if there wasnt an accident on motorway (nobody hurt,thank goodness) was on motorway for over 2 hours,missed our flight and had to get another, we also saw the train go whizzing past as we were waiting in car....
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:31 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
To be honest I drive to my nearest station (manuel) and park up nearby and get the train to valencia, saves all that stress, funny thing was 6 months ago decided to go in car and blow me if there wasnt an accident on motorway (nobody hurt,thank goodness) was on motorway for over 2 hours,missed our flight and had to get another, we also saw the train go whizzing past as we were waiting in car....
Hi patsy,

That's great advice thanks.

Unfortunately, we have a million and one things to do on the day before our flights, but will definitely keep the train thing in mind for next time.

Martha
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
yes Ive done that too, driven to Xeraco - parked all day for free and let the train take the strain !!!! had to go to hospital appy so just got a cab from the station, much quicker than on a previous occasion when we got lost and were driving around Valencia for over 2 hours
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ps

was in Denia a few weeks ago and parked outside the station, I think that is free too (but dont hold me to it - didnt see any parking metres)