Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Valencia Airport & car hire

Valencia Airport & car hire

Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Valencia Airport & car hire

Having read various comments on big delays at car rental desks at Spanish airports, does anyone know of a rental company ,in Valencia Airport, that ferries clients to an off airport location, thus eliminating crowded rental desks
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia Airport & car hire

Originally Posted by jonsol
Having read various comments on big delays at car rental desks at Spanish airports, does anyone know of a rental company ,in Valencia Airport, that ferries clients to an off airport location, thus eliminating crowded rental desks
Auriga (now amalgamated with Crown) provide a minibus to their office which is about a five minute drive from the airport. However, taking into account waiting for the shuttle to load up and the drive to the office, and then a possible wait, I am not sure how much time this saves. I used Auriga in Alicante last week and was served immediately. Depends on the time of year, I guess.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

At Valencia there is a lot of work taking place at the moment so its one big building site. However, I've never experienced a delay at Valencia when hiring a car with Victoria Car Hire.

Come out of the airport building and walk to car park 4 (5 mins) and they have a caravan on the car park.

http://www.victoriacars.com/index_EN.html

I was there this morning just after the Coventry flight got in and there were no queues or delays.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
At Valencia there is a lot of work taking place at the moment so its one big building site. However, I've never experienced a delay at Valencia when hiring a car with Victoria Car Hire.

Come out of the airport building and walk to car park 4 (5 mins) and they have a caravan on the car park.

http://www.victoriacars.com/index_EN.html

I was there this morning just after the Coventry flight got in and there were no queues or delays.
Cheers Jon.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonsol
Cheers Jon.

Don't forget to give us a call if you're in the area .... rioja calls ....
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Don't forget to give us a call if you're in the area .... rioja calls ....
Yep, Will PM you when I know the date.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

BEWARE

These types of scams have been going on for a while in Alicante but hadnt heard about it at all in Valencia, until now - got this from someone who came over just before christmas

"We got to our hire car in the car park at the back of the airport. We got in and were about to drive off when a casually dressed man came up to our car and appeared unable to find his car - he looked like a holiday maker who may have got off our flight. In broken English he asked us if we had the right car. It was a bit odd as it was obviously our car and we continued to start driving away. Just as we moved he pointed to my front wheel to say something was wrong ( this was the passenger side). My wife got out and told me the wheel trim was broken and without thinking I just got out of the car and walked to the passenger side. As I got out of the car there was an accomplice who got into the back of the car and stole my shoulder bag. At the time we had no idea of this until and hour later when we reached Javea. Normally I would have placed our bags in the boot but the car was a Punto Grande which has no external button and at that time - late in the evening and just off the plane - I could not find the release and put the bags in the car.
When I got back to Valencia, the hire car girl said this was happening all of the time and was much worse in the Summer!!"