British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Valencia Airport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/valencia-airport-711316/)

Johhnyboy Mar 29th 2011 12:11 pm

Valencia Airport

We are arriving at Valencia Airport at 8:30pm on Easter Saturday evening and have to travel north for an hour or so, consequently we have to do some grocery shopping to last a few days until the shops re-open. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket nearby to Valencia Airport and if it is open late on Saturday evening?
Do the garages on motorways normally sell any groceries?

Thanks

Jack

whitelinen Mar 29th 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Valencia Airport

Originally Posted by Johhnyboy (Post 9271605)
o last a few days until the shops re-open. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket nearby to Valencia Airport and if it is open late on Saturday evening?

Hypermarket Al Campo is 5 mins from airport and open until 22.00

Take A3 direction Madrid and get off at exit 345

www.alcampo.es

Rosemary Mar 29th 2011 12:39 pm

The supermarkets will not be open at that time on a Saturday and do not open on a Sunday. A lot of garages do sell the basics so you should be able to find something, but again many will not be open so you may pass quite a few before you find what you are looking for. I have not been to Valencia airport for a very long time so someone who has will probably be more help to you.

Rosemary

Kenwoodlad Mar 29th 2011 1:00 pm

There's a small chain of supermarkets called OpenCor. Have a look at their website for supermarket locations:-

OpenCor branches in Valencia Provice

We've used them in the past when we've arrived on a Sunday flight. As far as I recall, they're open every day of the year and most branches are open from 08:00 till midnight.

Johhnyboy Mar 29th 2011 1:05 pm

2 excellent suggestions - Thanks ... I Will have my cup of tea !

J

NadiaN Mar 29th 2011 1:11 pm

We are arriving at Valencia Airport at 8:30pm on Easter Saturday evening and have to travel north for an hour or so, consequently we have to do some grocery shopping to last a few days until the shops re-open. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket nearby to Valencia Airport and if it is open late on Saturday evening?

Thanks

Jack

OpenCor stores are open 365 days a year, and they stay open until 1am. I think the closest to the airport is in Mislata, or going north there's one at Godella. Click on the name of the town in the link below and it will show you the address and the map for the store:
http://www.opencor.es/opencor/cargar...idComunidad=17

Prices in OpenCor are higher than in a regular grocery store - I guess you pay for the convenience of having the store open every day.

VFR Mar 29th 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks

Jack

As Whitelinen has said AlCampo is your best bet & very near the airport.
Exit the airport (hire car?)
Keep to the right and take the Madrid road.
Keep to the right and follow the Industrial area sign, its the first exit Ignoring the little one just as you are coming off the Madrid road.
Straight across the roundabout & let the road take you over the motorway.
Keep to the right and straight over the roundabout.
200m further on, right into the industrial area of Bonaire
Straight on to the roundabout & turn right.
AlCampo is in front/left of you.