Valencia

Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valencia

On a very dismal Welsh morning just finished reading the Sunday Times and came across the Travel supplement.

The reporter was 'glowing' as to Valencia and quite obviously a place to visit. We once more return to Spain next year having taken a villa rental and thought to have a week end there. Certainly looks interesting.

My only visit was courtesy of sat nav last year and en route from Barcelona to Javea I took us through the city!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia

If the Sunday Times was raving about Valencia then it would have been because Valencia ayuntamiento paid a lot of money to the Sunday TImes

That is how travel supplements work
Old Nov 4th 2014, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Never realised! Ok I come from Porth in the Rhondda I think the local authority could afford about £100. What we get for that?
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:34 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
If the Sunday Times was raving about Valencia then it would have been because Valencia ayuntamiento paid a lot of money to the Sunday TImes

Having said that though, Valencia is a wonderful city to visit - as is the province.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

hi from sunny barry island
Old Nov 4th 2014, 12:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I am totally biased. I hate cities with a passion but love Valencia so I would encourage people to visit it and look at all of the historical buildings they are wonderful.

Rosemary
Old Nov 4th 2014, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Have visited Valencia a few times. Gorgeous place well worth a visit, just like the paper reported.

Would hate to go through life with such a cynical negative attitude as some. Loosen up
Old Nov 4th 2014, 2:50 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Naturally. We all know that the entire planet is gripped with greed, and nobody would ever say anything nice about anything without getting paid for it.

Obviously, your opinion is that Valencia sucks. How much did Oviedo ayuntamiento pay you to say that?
Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Porth
On a very dismal Welsh morning just finished reading the Sunday Times and came across the Travel supplement.

The reporter was 'glowing' as to Valencia and quite obviously a place to visit. We once more return to Spain next year having taken a villa rental and thought to have a week end there. Certainly looks interesting.

My only visit was courtesy of sat nav last year and en route from Barcelona to Javea I took us through the city!
Rent a bike and wend your way through the park that was the old river bed down to the Arts and Sciences complex. Although the Calatrava buildings have been blamed for bankrupting the city and criticized for shoddy materials they really are spectacular.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

NadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tim1963
Rent a bike and wend your way through the park that was the old river bed down to the Arts and Sciences complex. Although the Calatrava buildings have been blamed for bankrupting the city and criticized for shoddy materials they really are spectacular.
Yes, Valencia is beautiful, and the Arts and Sciences complex is amazing.

I do wish they would fix up the Opera house (Palau de Reina Sofia), though. Since they had to strip off the covering of the facade because the tiles were peeling off, now it just looks sad, and diminishes the beauty of the complex as a whole. How hard is it to put a coat of white paint on it while they are trying to come up a more permanent solution?
Old Nov 4th 2014, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dear Cricketman without boring you I have a relationship with the law and have done so for 44 years and in France two years ago defended a UK guy who placed an opinion on a certain organisation in his local village.

The allegation in the QBD in the Strand was libel for it is not where the alleged libel was alleged to take place but where it was likely to be read. See the Cairns cricket case so very near to you at least in cricketing terms. I often have wondered what your relationship with the wonderful game is or was?

That is the law.

However a nice Master in QBD gave us an order for £142000 of costs before the other side could mount its action.

I allege that your comments are libellous and what you assert you must prove.

So if the Sunday Times come against you then please seek advice but not from me.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's safe.

I subscribe to The Times and Sunday Times and I read the article. It was funded by Tourism Valencia, there is a note on the article pointing that out.

Dear Cricketman without boring you I have a relationship with the law and have done so for 44 years and in France two years ago defended a UK guy who placed an opinion on a certain organisation in his local village.

The allegation in the QBD in the Strand was libel for it is not where the alleged libel was alleged to take place but where it was likely to be read. See the Cairns cricket case so very near to you at least in cricketing terms. I often have wondered what your relationship with the wonderful game is or was?

That is the law.

However a nice Master in QBD gave us an order for £142000 of costs before the other side could mount its action.

So if the Sunday Times come against you then please seek advice but not from me.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy days out walking about the city, I also have a bus/metro card that makes trips in the centre even more affordable. As a city it is relaxing and most things are in striking distance. Various food chains have sprung up catering for the tourist community, which makes having a meal or snack less of an adventure but equally more convenient.

The Valencia article in The Sunday Times painted a lovely picture of the city and some of its delights. Notably the prices quoted were not rich man’s money.

It was made clear at the end of the article that the Author, Gary Cansell was a guest of Tourism Valencia, SH Ingles and easyJet.

When I saw post #11 by Porth, I could have sworn it was Captain George Mainwaring addressing young Private Pike

That is the law.

Old Nov 5th 2014, 3:43 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Horlics
I think he's safe.

I subscribe to The Times and Sunday Times and I read the article. It was funded by Tourism Valencia, there is a note on the article pointing that out.
Those lying, thieving bastards - hiding it all in plain sight.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Are you OK?

Originally Posted by amideislas
Those lying, thieving bastards - hiding it all in plain sight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.