valencia

Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

sunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant future
Default valencia

Hello, both myself and my partner are moving to Valencia this year and are wondering what the best areas are to live in the city centre. Iam 32 and my partner is 40. We are looking for somewhere that is obviously safe and has nice restaurants etc. Any information would be very much appretiated. Thank you.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: valencia

Originally Posted by sunshine1976
Hello, both myself and my partner are moving to Valencia this year and are wondering what the best areas are to live in the city centre. Iam 32 and my partner is 40. We are looking for somewhere that is obviously safe and has nice restaurants etc. Any information would be very much appretiated. Thank you.
Well ... if you are moving to the centre then you will for sure have nice restaurants ...... at a price!

I really dont know the city as regards areas for living though, sorry ... what kind of place are you after?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

I spent a fair amount of time in Valencia & like the Ciudad de Ciencias area - nice & quiet but lacks the cheap rustic spanish bars which are in all the other areas. The area bordering here & the centre (Rusafa) is nice as its midway (no tube tho). Paseo de Germanies is lovely, the bit towards Calle Colon is like Chelsea.

Jesus is nice, rustic, cool cheap bars & 2 stops to centre. Parking is impossible without a private space & double parking is the norm.

Lots of people actually live right in the centre, its not expensive & you can walk everywhere. Look up from the shops & squares & you will see for rent signs - only 500e pcm for a 2 bed right in the centre.

Stick to within 6 tube stops of centre & you will be fine.

Hope it helps,
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

sunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant futuresunshine1976 has a brilliant future

Thank you so much for all your information, its more than helpful I have heard other good things about those areas so thats confirmed it. Great tip about the stops from city centre! Thanks again i really appretiate it.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

no worries & hope it helps. Further tip (sorry any agents reading this) is avoid agents as they´ll charge you what they think you can pay. Just turn up with 2 weeks booked in a hostal (60e per night tops) or IBIS & get your trainers on.

There are loads of se alquilar signs in the windows, best hire a spaniard to phone for you as there is still a bit of racism around & that way you know you are getting a good deal.

I would do a reccy first, take photos & write down numbers, then go to a language school & get a native spaniard to phone all those you are interested in.

As a guide below 500e pcm is a kennel, above 750e pcm should be footballer territory. Anywhere in between for a 2-3 bed modern flat with private underground parking is about right.

Good luck in the search. City shuts down in August so don´t go then.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:27 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Don´t go the weekend of the 24th. It will be a bit busy that week.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
...And the same next weekend! First events on the new circuit!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

agree with a previous post, do a reccy first. its a big city with loads of areas, all almost mini towns in their own right, and the spanish do a lot of 'self advertising'!
theres certain areas we love to go for food, others for beer, and yet others for a late-late night, but i certainly wouldnt want to live in some of them.
and parking is a nightmare..... i like the part of town around gran via (alameda closest metro), if i was choosing to live in the centre, as its got great restaurants, and some real old spanish bars (ie cheap) whereas, for a good beer crawl & late nighter, i love carmen - but i dont think id live there. a friend used to live in and around jesus, and loved it, but they couldnt afford to buy so moved out of the city.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Now you tell me. I've booked a flight out of Valencia that day! I am a bit worried that I might not get to the airport on time.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

Originally Posted by montgomail
Now you tell me. I've booked a flight out of Valencia that day! I am a bit worried that I might not get to the airport on time.
I don't like to the bearer of further bad tidings but I've just read a report in a local free paper that the airspace above Valencia will be shut during the competition so depending on the time of your flight you may be delayed or even diverted to another airport
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buenavista
I don't like to the bearer of further bad tidings but I've just read a report in a local free paper that the airspace above Valencia will be shut during the competition so depending on the time of your flight you may be delayed or even diverted to another airport
Departing early afternoon.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

Originally Posted by montgomail
Departing early afternoon.
And the actual race, which takes place on 24th, begins early afternoon