Vaccination

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:56 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

There is no need to trawl all the sites run by nutters on the internet to see if vaccination works. The eradication of many diseases speaks for itself.

If we believed all those scaremongering sites we would all be walking around with plants around our necks and rubbing bleeding crushed dandelion leaves on our skin
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
There is no need to trawl all the sites run by nutters on the internet to see if vaccination works. The eradication of many diseases speaks for itself.

If we believed all those scaremongering sites we would all be walking around with plants around our necks and rubbing bleeding crushed dandelion leaves on our skin
Well - and treading carefully with the words - there is a reasonable section of the world's population which still, and successfully, treats all manner of maladies with vegetation or the extracts therefrom.
Just to put this in the context of Spain forum, how many have Aloe and use it? (and I know that's just one, but there are many)
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:34 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I sometimes use aloe vera but it is a soother for skin complaints not a cure. As for all these countries who are still using plant extracts...most of them have a life expectancy of about 29

I know some modern drugs are derived from plants (not many) and I don't want to get into a bring debate about alternative medicine. Wish I hadn't mentioned it now!

Last edited by jackytoo; Jul 22nd 2011 at 9:36 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Because, as with all medical interventions, vaccinations are not 100% successful. so even though you might have had the vaccination it might not have 'taken'.

Also, vaccination programmes depend upon a certain percentage of the populace being vaccinated to provide what is called 'herd immunity'. This percentage is compromised by those refusing to be vaccinated.

I hope that answers your question.
When I was young I was given the smallpox vaccine and nearly died of vaccine fever. As soon as I recovered they injected me again because they said that the injection had not worked.

Rosemary
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well - and treading carefully with the words - there is a reasonable section of the world's population which still, and successfully, treats all manner of maladies with vegetation or the extracts therefrom.
Just to put this in the context of Spain forum, how many have Aloe and use it? (and I know that's just one, but there are many)
I do and it's the best thing I've found for minor burns.

Great to watch the personalities at work on here btw and the battle of the wills.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
When I was young I was given the smallpox vaccine and nearly died of vaccine fever. As soon as I recovered they injected me again because they said that the injection had not worked.

Rosemary
Did you react to the second injection??
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:49 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Anybody had the chicken pox vaccine?

My kids have both had chicken pox but before they were born my MIL got shingles (commonly known as The Fire of St Anthony here) and she felt very poorly for months and months.
Chickenpox and shingles are the same virus. I think they show similarities with the herpes virus, in that they retreat into the nervous system, where the immune system can't reach them. I don't know what triggers the re eruption of the chicken pox virus, but I do know it's very nasty. Perhaps the pain you get with it is because it erupts within the nerves?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:51 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail

Great to watch the personalities at work on here btw and the battle of the wills.
Not so much a battle of wills, just a simple request for back up data being repeatedly refused.

Next time, don't use aloe. After cooling the burn, cut the root end off an onion and dab the juice on the burn. When the juice stops flowing, scrape the cut surface and use that on the burn. It works to stop the blister and all its consequent problems.

This works.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:53 pm
bil
Banned

Yes I sometimes use aloe vera but it is a soother for skin complaints not a cure. As for all these countries who are still using plant extracts...most of them have a life expectancy of about 29

I know some modern drugs are derived from plants (not many) and I don't want to get into a bring debate about alternative medicine. Wish I hadn't mentioned it now!
Not a stupid quote. MOST (it's a HUGE %) of modern drugs are manufactured from plants. The fact that those countries have short life expectancies isn't relevant.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

1. rolling eyes and 'boring debate'
2. not great to watch, a real shame for BE Spain

= I'm out (again).
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
Not so much a battle of wills, just a simple request for back up data being repeatedly refused.

Next time, don't use aloe. After cooling the burn, cut the root end off an onion and dab the juice on the burn. When the juice stops flowing, scrape the cut surface and use that on the burn. It works to stop the blister and all its consequent problems.

This works.
Lots of requests met by lots of refusals .... looked very much like a battle of the wills to me.

Aloe works very well for minor burns, i.e. seared but not blistered, but I would certainly try an onion - I had noted it from a previous post.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Did you react to the second injection??
Yes, but not so drastically. Never have been sure whether it actually took after all that. No-one was able to argue, you did as you were told.

Rosemary
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:05 pm
bil
Banned

Yes, but not so drastically. Never have been sure whether it actually took after all that. No-one was able to argue, you did as you were told.

Rosemary
Rosemary, you refer to vaccination fever. Did they say how it was caused? Was it an allergic reaction, or an infection caused by a contaminating bacteria or virus?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rosemary
Quite! Although I do recall rolling around the surgery floor as a five year old, when I needed a stitch removing from the back of my ear. I can still visualise the doctor hovering over me with a huge pair of scissors.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:12 pm
bil
Banned

Lots of requests met by lots of refusals .... looked very much like a battle of the wills to me.

Aloe works very well for minor burns, i.e. seared but not blistered, but I would certainly try an onion - I had noted it from a previous post.
In a sense, yes. I keep asking but it looks like the well is dry.

Onion is the business. I have been trying it for a decade or more, and it never ceases to amaze me. Last year I gave myself a very nasty burn on my left palm, picking up a piece of steel I had been welding and forgetting which end was hot.

Normally that would have developed into a large blister, that would eventually have burst exposing delicate skin which would have dried, split and got infected, ensuring me a painful hand long after the burn had faded.

I gave it the onion treatment, and because it was so bad, I grated onion, put on a plastic glove and packed the palm area with the pulp. I was then bored, so I put on a pair of gardening gloves and went to do some weeding. That led to hoing, and a couple of hour s later my hands were aching.

I cursed myself for forgetting, assuming that I had rubbed the top layer off with the work. However, when I took the glove off, the hand was perfect, the palm didn't hurt, (altho my hand looked and smelled revolting) so just washed it off and went on my way. Never developed a blister or anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.