Vaccination

Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:46 am
  #46  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Oh, and they still haven't eliminated polio either, dispite decades of trying, mostly because of <people> that think vaccination is 'Bad Ju-Ju.'

Last edited by Sue; Jul 21st 2011 at 5:01 am. Reason: Comment removed -Let's not resort to name calling it does not help your cause. Thanks
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:47 am
  #47  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
Sorry, not quite clear. Which of these diseases have mutated into what, and which others have 'gone forever'

As far as I'm aware, CJD is the same as it ever was, in terms of threat and that there isn't a vaccine for it, Flu mutates every time you look at it, but still remains flu and is moderately successful to vaccination, Aids crossed the species barrier (but then that's where so many diseases came from) and there isn't and has never been a vaccination, - there are naturally immune people but they tend to be descendants of plague survivors. cholera, not sure what you want to claim about cholera. Technically cholera isn't an infection, if it does enter the bloodstream, it is a very different beast indeed.

I really need some clarity here. What exactly were you trying to say?

and I thought Aids was a disease developed by the CIA and injected into certain groups of people who they didn't like - homosexuals, blacks etc. Otherwise how did it start off in so many places at the same time, or was it just a very active monkey.

before you say thats not right - the CIA also injected a specially developed VD into prostitutes in Vietnam in a (failed) attempt to disable the NV.

conspiracy everywhere
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:49 am
  #48  
squeaky clean
 
jojojojojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
Posts: 1,576
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
I think anthrax is still out there.

I have no problem with people not vaccinating their children. Actually, I do. I think it's selfish and those people are relying on other people vaccinating their children to give herd immunity.

I also resent it when bogus, cod science is thrown at me to disguise someone who doesn't actually know what they are talking about.

I also tend to think that those who say they don't want to be pressurised actually mean 'Whoops, I'm about to get exposed as a bullshit artist.

I shall be delighted to be proved wrong.
I said it a while back that it is this sort of post and attitude that makes this such an argumentative forum. Respect other peoples decisions and opinions and they'll respect yours. I havent shown you any aggression or unpleasantness just because you dont agree with me, so do me the courtesy of behaving the same way!

Jo xxx
jojojojojo is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:50 am
  #49  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Domino
and I thought Aids was a disease developed by the CIA and injected into certain groups of people who they didn't like - homosexuals, blacks etc. Otherwise how did it start off in so many places at the same time, or was it just a very active monkey.

before you say thats not right - the CIA also injected a specially developed VD into prostitutes in Vietnam in a (failed) attempt to disable the NV.

conspiracy everywhere
No, the DNA evidence points to its close relationship in Africa to SIV (simian aids) its origin in the first half of the 20th century and its spread from there out into the rest of the world. It's thought that the vector was a couple of sailors who picked it up in Africa.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:50 am
  #50  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

The problem with all these diseases is that as fast as we eradicate it in a country someone comes in carrying it and spreads it around again. This makes it worse because there is no immunity and it spreads even quicker.

another conspiracy ? ?
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:51 am
  #51  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
No, the DNA evidence points to its close relationship in Africa to SIV (simian aids) its origin in the first half of the 20th century and its spread from there out into the rest of the world. It's thought that the vector was a couple of sailors who picked it up in Africa.
so where did the guy working for a Scandinavian airline on the North America route come into it ??
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:52 am
  #52  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I said it a while back that it is this sort of post and attitude that makes this such an argumentative forum. Respect other peoples decisions and opinions and they'll respect yours. I havent shown you any aggression or unpleasantness just because you dont agree with me, so do me the courtesy of behaving the same way!

Jo xxx
So, prove me wrong. It's easily done. tell us which of those diseases is no longer a threat, and which has mutated into something else. Simples!

No agression, unless you count the risk of being called a fraud if you don't.

(In the nicest possible way, of course...)
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:52 am
  #53  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Domino
so where did the guy working for a Scandinavian airline on the North America route come into it ??
┬┐Que? When was that?
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:54 am
  #54  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Domino
The problem with all these diseases is that as fast as we eradicate it in a country someone comes in carrying it and spreads it around again. This makes it worse because there is no immunity and it spreads even quicker.

another conspiracy ? ?
That's the problem of the world now being interconnected. A disease can move right round the world in a day.

I want you to think carefully what the world would be like had AIDs been spread like flu.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:57 am
  #55  
squeaky clean
 
jojojojojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
Posts: 1,576
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
So, prove me wrong. It's easily done. tell us which of those diseases is no longer a threat, and which has mutated into something else. Simples!

No agression, unless you count the risk of being called a fraud if you don't.

(In the nicest possible way, of course...)
You may call me a fraud if you wish, I wont lose sleep I promise. I've posted you a couple of simple links a while back for you to take a look at. There are many 1000s of parents who dont vaccinate for many reasons. Any other discussion that you wish to carry on isnt you wishing to have a debate, it is simply you wishing to fan the flames of an argument that I've no intention of having. So lets "chillax" as my daughter would say

Jo xxx
jojojojojo is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:02 am
  #56  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

I know this is an emotive subject with strong opinions on both sides, but lets not go down the name calling road. Just because someone doesn't agree with another doesn't make them an idiot.

Thanks all ..... as you were.
Sue is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:30 am
  #57  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
You may call me a fraud if you wish, I wont lose sleep I promise. I've posted you a couple of simple links a while back for you to take a look at. There are many 1000s of parents who dont vaccinate for many reasons. Any other discussion that you wish to carry on isnt you wishing to have a debate, it is simply you wishing to fan the flames of an argument that I've no intention of having. So lets "chillax" as my daughter would say

Jo xxx
I call you fraudulent because you throw out a couple of random diseases, mutter something about mutation into something else and diseases no longer being a threat.

Now I am asking a perfectly reasonable thing. I am asking you to justify what you have written.

It won't take a moment. All you need to do is say 'Such and such a disease is no longer a threat (and a short explanation of why would be nice.) and this disease has mutated into that one.

Now if you have that knowledge you would be able to answer it in a plis plas.


Oh yes, I had a look at your links, and two things stand out. I notice you give credence to the theory that aids is the result of polio tests gone wrong. I thought by now it was established that this is horsefeathers.

Also, you use the Amish as an example of the fact that you can be healthy without vaccination. I hardly need pointing out (maybe I do) That the Amish lead an isolated, very healthy life without the stresses of modern life.

That throws in too many variables for them to be relevant. You would need a group of city dwellers, in contact with other people, eating the same diet, but none of them ever vaccinated against anthing.

That would be a valid comparison.

Crying agression, pressure and then running away without answering my simple question all say the same thing.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:32 am
  #58  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Sue
I know this is an emotive subject with strong opinions on both sides, but lets not go down the name calling road. Just because someone doesn't agree with another doesn't make them an idiot.

Thanks all ..... as you were.
actually I was referring to the religious idiots in some Asian communities who are being whipped into an anti scientific frenzy by telling them that polio vaccinations will steal their daughter's virginity and make her sterile.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:16 am
  #59  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
actually I was referring to the religious idiots in some Asian communities who are being whipped into an anti scientific frenzy by telling them that polio vaccinations will steal their daughter's virginity and make her sterile.
Fair enough, but theres no need to brow beat peeps
Sue is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:22 am
  #60  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Sue
Fair enough, but theres no need to brow beat peeps
All of a sudden I have this image of a little girl starting something in the playground and then running to tell teacher about the nasty boys.

Sue, all I'm asking for is an answer. It's a simple answer and anyone who had the facts, could answer it in a single line of type.

Look, If say that there are triangles with both more, and less than 180 degrees. What would people say? Bullsh*t would be one phrase, followed by a demand for proof. Now, if I then started waffling, and accused them of being aggressive and pressurising me, what would that say pure and simple?

Not vaccinating your child is to ride on the backs of others who do vaccinate. It isn't a 'choice to be recognised'. It's anti social at best, and when it is wrapped in the 'crystal, angels and so on' wrapper it is no better than an attempt to spread dishonest data.

Oh yes, I can draw a triangle with more than 180 degrees. Or less.
bil is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.