Used cars!?

Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough
Post Used cars!?

I am hoping that I can benefit from the various levels of research that must have happened, given the huge numbers in the forum, and be pointed in the right direction to, and best method of, make a purchase of a fairly new used, automatic, I am looking for a 7 seater preferably. Any ideas? Pointers?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:42 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Used cars!?

Originally Posted by 17polarbear
I am hoping that I can benefit from the various levels of research that must have happened, given the huge numbers in the forum, and be pointed in the right direction to, and best method of, make a purchase of a fairly new used, automatic, I am looking for a 7 seater preferably. Any ideas? Pointers?
There was one pretty similar for sale a while back, but now it is being used as a mobile knocking shop.......

With the winter being cold........I suppose it speeded up productivity.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Used cars!?

Ah! When I saw that it had brothel painted on it, useful as a soup kitchen I thought, and you're right, a decent hot broth would be perfect in the winter.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

The best bit of advice if you are buying private is to know your onions with documentation etc as there are a lot of rip off merchants out there.
If you are looking at fairly new then a dealer may be your best bet but then the problem is that 2nd hand prices aren't far off what it is to buy new.
Availability of an auto 7 seater will depend on where you live.
Milanuncios and segundomano are a couple of sites you could look at, a word of warning, you will notice that prices vary widely for the same vehicle but you will get a general idea.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Used cars!?

Well, thanks for the responses all, it seems to be exactly as the UK, buyer beware, choose carefully and checkout the vendor before parting with beer tokens.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Well, thanks for the responses all, it seems to be exactly as the UK, buyer beware, choose carefully and checkout the vendor before parting with beer tokens.
Even if you are buying from a main dealer, satisfy yourself that the car hasn't been clocked and that it's not an ex hire car.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 7:55 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my car from a garage at Calpe which isnt too far from you. They were very helpful. It's on the N332 between the two Calpe turns, nearer the Southern one. They had some 7 seater type vehicles in there then, but mainly deal in Suzuki
Old Apr 1st 2011, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

there was an auto focus titanium spec in the CBN a couple of weeks ago, 13k e from memory but it was top spec.

New focus out now so if not sold some movement on price to be expected
Old Apr 1st 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

I am sending you a PM.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 6:24 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you see the video in this thread? There is no comparison IMHO
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

shoemanpete is an unknown quantity at this point

any recommendations for good dealers around Fuengirola area? I am also looking to buy an automatic hatchback.
Anyone give me some ideas as to how much it costs to import a car if I buy in UK? Say...a car valued around 7000 euros, 1.8cc.
Thanks.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 9:24 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoemanpete
any recommendations for good dealers around Fuengirola area? I am also looking to buy an automatic hatchback.
Anyone give me some ideas as to how much it costs to import a car if I buy in UK? Say...a car valued around 7000 euros, 1.8cc.
Thanks.
Several factors affect the cost.
Are you already living here or are you moving across?
Will you use a Gestor or are you willing to run around and dive through the hoops yourself?
The tax to import actually is depending on make, model and year, not on the purchase value.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 5:23 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
The tax to import actually is depending on make, model and year, not on the purchase value.

It is based on the original value when new.

That value is discounted according to the age of the car.

There is normally no import tax if the car originated in the EU but there is a tax to register the car in Spain (which applies to all cars, imported or not).

The registration tax is based on the CO2 emissions and can vary from 0% to 14.75%.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 6:33 pm

Sorry FredI, I must have got it wrong I thought "La Agencia Tributaria was a tax office.
More information in PDF