Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Used Car Warranty

Used Car Warranty

Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Used Car Warranty

I bought a 7 year old automatic from a reputable main Ford dealer. It was a car they had taken in part exchange. The day after I took delivery, it became evident that there was something major wrong with the autobox. I did test drive the car but the fault only showed up in certain circumstances which didn't occur during the test drive. They had given me an insurance based warranty. Anyway I now have the car back with a rebuilt gearbox. The garage are saying that the repair cost more than the limit on the warranty and have asked me to pay the balance (about 500 euros). They let me take the car without paying them which tends to make me think they don't feel they have a very strong case.??

My feeling is that they are liable for the full cost of the repair since the fault obviously existed when I took delivery (they don't dispute this) . I'm surprised that the warranty company paid for the repair at all since the fault existed before I even took delivery but then I don't know much about the motor trade and warranties.

I appreciate that older automatics can be liable to problems but that's why I went to a reputable dealer, assuming nievely that they would pick up and sort out any problems before selling it. I don't know if they will try to pursue the matter. Should I consult OMIC or an abogado?