Urgent help required about my moving to spain

Old May 1st 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

egurusam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help required about my moving to spain

Hello Everyone,
i am sam moving soon to jerez in fact in a month time.i have following queries

1. Moving home furniture from UK to spain
so far i have booked a ferry to bilbao and confirmed booking one way van hire. do i need to carry any special paper work regarding my furniture, TV etc.

2. i have SKY HD+ contract with sky, can i able to use it in spain if i made any amendments. i know it is a headache my question is is worth. but i need english channels

3. i have a vehicle which i am planning to sell it here in uk. my plan is buy new vehicle in uk and shift it with me after 6 months. in spain cars are expensive and i dont have job to get any vehicle loan. so what you suggest.

4.i own a ltd company in uk which i want to run from spain. and also want to open another company in spain.can i able to make my spanish company as a main office and uk company is branch of spanish company. whats the procedure

5. any cricket/ badminton clubs in and around jerez.

thanks
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:40 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help required about my moving to spain

Hi Egurusam,

You haven't done much research then have you? try searching the forum for previous threads.

1. No to transport your own goods and chattels, normally requires no paperwork.

2. Yes you can use Sky in Jerez - you will need a 1.3 metre satellite dish installed, Steve Harris is the local installer tel 679 195 027

3. Why sell and buy? If you bring your car into Spain, you have 6 months maximum to change to Spanish plates. Cost over 1,000 euros on average.

Can't help with the other questions - I think you will need more than luck unless your post had to be brief

Davexf
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi Egurusam,

You haven't done much research then have you? try searching the forum for previous threads.

1. No to transport your own goods and chattels, normally requires no paperwork.

2. Yes you can use Sky in Jerez - you will need a 1.3 metre satellite dish installed, Steve Harris is the local installer tel 679 195 027

3. Why sell and buy? If you bring your car into Spain, you have 6 months maximum to change to Spanish plates. Cost over 1,000 euros on average.

Can't help with the other questions - I think you will need more than luck unless your post had to be brief

Davexf

Don´t think so!!!
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egurusam
Hello Everyone,
i am sam moving soon to jerez in fact in a month time.i have following queries

1. Moving home furniture from UK to spain
so far i have booked a ferry to bilbao and confirmed booking one way van hire. do i need to carry any special paper work regarding my furniture, TV etc.

You need no paperwork. This is the EU and in theory its like just moving within the UK

2. i have SKY HD+ contract with sky, can i able to use it in spain if i made any amendments. i know it is a headache my question is is worth. but i need english channels

You mustnt make any amendments as SKY are not allowed to broadcast in Spain and by receiving a signal here you would be in breach of contract. Keep your UK contract going, and use the address of a friend or relative who doent have SKY. Dont keep multiroom if you have it. It means you will have to be connected to a phone line, which of course you cant be. If SKY know you are in Spain they will cut you off

3. i have a vehicle which i am planning to sell it here in uk. my plan is buy new vehicle in uk and shift it with me after 6 months. in spain cars are expensive and i dont have job to get any vehicle loan. so what you suggest.

You are going to buy a LHD car in the UK, or bring a RHD? As you say, you will have to have it for 6 months before you move here, and when you move here and become resident you will have just 30 days to matriculate the car onto Spanish plates at a cost of around €600 - €900.

4.i own a ltd company in uk which i want to run from spain. and also want to open another company in spain.can i able to make my spanish company as a main office and uk company is branch of spanish company. whats the procedure

You need to talk to a Gestoria here, by far the best way of approaching it. There are tax implications and all kinds of things. As a self employed person here you will have to pay at least €238 a month "NI", and probably the revenues from your UK company will be taxable here also. You need professional advice, not forum advice on this matter

5. any cricket/ badminton clubs in and around jerez.

CRICKET!

thanks
Answers in red above
Old May 2nd 2009, 8:45 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Re cricket, contact Fortaleza, there have been some previous threads on cricket in the Ayamonte area and others.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:06 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzy,
An autonomo (self employed) now pays €265 per month.
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Re cricket, contact Fortaleza, there have been some previous threads on cricket in the Ayamonte area and others.
There are regular cricket matches here in Albir
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Mitzy,
An autonomo (self employed) now pays €265 per month.
Yes thats why I said "at least", as I knoew it had gone up but not sure what to
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:40 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

it does not help any body running a business here at the moment...I have written to Zapo to tell him he is doing it all wrong!
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
it does not help any body running a business here at the moment...I have written to Zapo to tell him he is doing it all wrong!
I think a few others have told him too. lol