Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

URGENT HELP NEEDED MEETING IN ANTEQUERA

URGENT HELP NEEDED MEETING IN ANTEQUERA

Old Jun 26th 2012, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile URGENT HELP NEEDED MEETING IN ANTEQUERA

HOLA my daughter has announced her engagement to a nice bloke from Coventry who's parents live in Albox.

They are staying with us here in Ayamonte next week and they want us to go for a meeting mid way which they think is Antequera. We have suggested a week Thursday might be a good day so we are looking for help with a point to meet around mid day and a nice place to eat which won't break the bank.

I am relying on you guys for help and I know you won't let us down.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED MEETING IN ANTEQUERA

Sorry cant help re restaurant but wnated to say huge congratulations, how lovely, have a super lunch and get to know the new in laws, fantastic news xxxx
Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

There is a chinese buffet in Antequera, its just down the hill towards the La Veronica shopping centre if thats your thing.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

From my visits to Antequera, I remember that there is a restaurant in the Plaza de Santa Maria, opposite the Colegiata de Santa Maria Mayor church. It is on a hill high above Antequera (approached by steps from the town centre) and has stunning views from the terrace. Unfortunately, however, I haven't eaten there nor can I even remember the name of it which is not a lot of help! If anyone has eaten there and can vouch for the food, I think it would make a lovely place to meet for a special meal, the setting is certainly memorable.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn I have visited that church and as you say it is a stunning view but I'm afraid I can't help re restaurant.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Lynn I have visited that church and as you say it is a stunning view but I'm afraid I can't help re restaurant.
The Wok buffet will be your cheap option, the one (unless there's more than one) up on the crest of the ridge with the STUNNING views the memorable option. Again, can't vouch for the food unfortunately but that's the one I'd choose, even a tapa of jamon y queso & a tinto de verano would be good looking out there!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
From my visits to Antequera, I remember that there is a restaurant in the Plaza de Santa Maria, opposite the Colegiata de Santa Maria Mayor church. It is on a hill high above Antequera (approached by steps from the town centre) and has stunning views from the terrace. Unfortunately, however, I haven't eaten there nor can I even remember the name of it which is not a lot of help! If anyone has eaten there and can vouch for the food, I think it would make a lovely place to meet for a special meal, the setting is certainly memorable.
Having now had a look on Trip Advisor, I think the restaurant is called El Escribano as the description of the location fits (but the reviews on there are very mixed re the quality of the food).

Personally I've not had much luck foodwise when visiting Antequera, we went once in June when it was so hot it made me feel ill, had a menu del dia in a small Spanish restaurant which I can safely say was the worst meal I've ever eaten (or not eaten really as I left most of it!), and the second time was in January when it was freezing and as we couldn't find a restaurant with anything suitable for my vegetarian OH we settled for a sandwich at lunchtime and even that wasn't very good.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

cerrillo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
HOLA my daughter has announced her engagement to a nice bloke from Coventry who's parents live in Albox.

They are staying with us here in Ayamonte next week and they want us to go for a meeting mid way which they think is Antequera. We have suggested a week Thursday might be a good day so we are looking for help with a point to meet around mid day and a nice place to eat which won't break the bank.

I am relying on you guys for help and I know you won't let us down.
Hi and congratulations. Maybe a good meeting point would be the bullring in antequera, they also have a restaurant there, dont know what the food is like. by the bull ring there is a large brick built arch and up the main street from there are several nice little bars and restaurants, reasonably priced with nice food. One side of the archway there is an underground car park, alsoaround the back of the bull ring is a large free car park
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Once again I have visited the church and seen the restaurant, Lynn is correct El Escribano, but not eaten there. However the view is stunning and a trip around the Alcazaba is worthwhile

Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

When we visit Antequera we always lunch at the venta on the top road (approach from Alora) overlooking the town and castle, I'm not sure but I think the name of the venta is Mirador.
We have always had excellent food there and the choice even on menu del dia is very good...the views from there are amazing, the castle is also near enough to walk to from there.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
When we visit Antequera we always lunch at the venta on the top road (approach from Alora) overlooking the town and castle, I'm not sure but I think the name of the venta is Mirador.
We have always had excellent food there and the choice even on menu del dia is very good...the views from there are amazing, the castle is also near enough to walk to from there.
I think that's the one I was thinking of actually.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED MEETING IN ANTEQUERA

Well what can we say Kath and me want to thank you all for your invaluable help. We used Natasha (Sat Nav) to guide us right to the bottom of the ramp to the Plaza de Santa Maria. We got there a little early so checked out the Church and the views and spectacular or what. Had drinks at the El Escribano and decided to book there for lunch just on the location and reading the menu.

I went for the safe option of Steak Esribano and it was superb but not cheap at €20 and there were 2 Bacalau gratin which were good the disappointment was the 2 Cod with Orange and almonds. The latter was described as an Antequera Special trouble was there was no hint that it was served cold straight from the fridge and the two fussiest eaters did not like that. Cost not bad for the occasion just under €100 for the six of us with the statutory Cava and drinks and coffee.

Overall a very good start Les and Linda from Albox were lovely and it made it easy to meet in such a beautiful place thanks again. More later.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Try Antequera Golf!!!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well what can we say Kath and me want to thank you all for your invaluable help. We used Natasha (Sat Nav) to guide us right to the bottom of the ramp to the Plaza de Santa Maria. We got there a little early so checked out the Church and the views and spectacular or what. (snip)

Overall a very good start Les and Linda from Albox were lovely and it made it easy to meet in such a beautiful place thanks again. More later.
Great to get feedback - pun dreadful and not intended....
Old Jul 6th 2012, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Well what can we say Kath and me want to thank you all for your invaluable help. We used Natasha (Sat Nav) to guide us right to the bottom of the ramp to the Plaza de Santa Maria. We got there a little early so checked out the Church and the views and spectacular or what. Had drinks at the El Escribano and decided to book there for lunch just on the location and reading the menu.

I went for the safe option of Steak Esribano and it was superb but not cheap at €20 and there were 2 Bacalau gratin which were good the disappointment was the 2 Cod with Orange and almonds. The latter was described as an Antequera Special trouble was there was no hint that it was served cold straight from the fridge and the two fussiest eaters did not like that. Cost not bad for the occasion just under €100 for the six of us with the statutory Cava and drinks and coffee.

I'm so glad you had a nice day and on the whole enjoyed your lunch. I know what you mean about the cold fish dish, though, I had something similar in a local restaurant once and I wasn't keen at all!

I wonder how much those houses opposite the church in Plaza Santa Maria cost - I was so surprised to walk through the archway and see them and thought how fantastic it must be to live in a location like that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.