Reload this Page >

urbano no consolidado

urbano no consolidado

Old Aug 16th 2015, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

mydadsfromscunthorpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urbano no consolidado

hi guys
I have been looking into buying property in chiclana de la frontera, found a nice place but it is urbano no consolidado...near golf courses, Can anyone tell me what this means? I know that it doesn't have mains water ( and I see from other posts that well water supply can be a problem here) and that i am unable to extend the house.What else do I need to know about ? thanks everyone in advance
Cheers
Luke
Old Aug 16th 2015, 2:26 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urbano no consolidado

Hola
Chiclana has some 16,500 illegal properties; probably somewhere near half the town. The PGOU (town plan) may help with the legalisation of some of them; the last official town plan was in 1987, the 2007 town plan being annulled in 2011.

There are many scenarios as to what will finally happen - the simple fact is if you are going to worry at night, then make sure you buy a completely legal property. The local foreign residents association has loads of information on its website www.chifra.org - Home

Davexf
Old Aug 16th 2015, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

well.....the plot gets thicker! the house was built in 2000....hmmm.
thanks for the heads up, my plan is to get someone to check the house for me first from a construction point of view then I guess an abogado from a legal point of view, am I able on this forum to enquire about recommended lawyers??
Cheers

Luke
Old Aug 16th 2015, 3:03 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can ask for recommendations.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 3:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mydadsfromscunthorpe
hi guys
I have been looking into buying property in chiclana de la frontera, found a nice place but it is urbano no consolidado...near golf courses, Can anyone tell me what this means? I know that it doesn't have mains water ( and I see from other posts that well water supply can be a problem here) and that i am unable to extend the house.What else do I need to know about ? thanks everyone in advance
Cheers
Luke
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 16th 2015, 3:30 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

I live in Chiclana and would only recommend Juan Antonio from Temple Cambria. He will give you an honest answer and explain clearly what the different terms mean and what charges you may have to pay in the future.

The practice is based in Conil. They speak good English. Also my recommendation would be to go to the town hall planning department and ask them the status of the property.

You do need to be careful buying in Chiclana and there are some areas near the golf courses in Novo Sancti Petri that have been declared flood plain. Also some areas of Pago Meliia near Novo Sancti Petri should be avoided as the land is not authorised for building.

Also check the status of phone and internet if that is important to you, many areas in and around Chiclana do not have access to a land line or fast ADSL.

If you can give more info as to the name of the road then may be able to give more info as I live quite close to that area of Chiclana.

Hope that helps
Yvonne
Old Aug 16th 2015, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Yvonne
It is camino legro about 900m from the 2 golf courses on the chiclana town.
It is a bit concerning that there are so many potential issues, but its great to find out about them BEFORE i buy

Cheers!!

Luke
Old Aug 16th 2015, 4:29 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Hi I can't find that road on the local mapping or on google maps. Do you know the name of another maybe larger local road? Is it near Venta Lopez.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

The real estate ad says el florin, I'm sorry that I don't know,I was driven to the house by an agent.I am pretty sure its on the main road going towards the golf courses.
I will send an email to the agent and post it as soon as I hear back.
Thanks for everything
Cheers
Luke
Old Aug 16th 2015, 4:58 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

There are lots of roads in that area called Camino del Lago ....... so could be one of those maybe? Some roads are ust named locally and don't appear on maps.
Dave who posted earlier may know it.

As well as using a good solicitor finding a good local agent can help too. Some of them don't much care if the property they are trying to sell you has issues.

As Dave said the ChiFRA website can help with advice and contacts.
Yvonne
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:24 am
Just Joined

yvonne,
Its just off canada de los carabinero, camino del largo negro

Cheers

Luke
Old Aug 17th 2015, 10:17 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

I don't have access to the flood plain map at the moment but can see that Camino Lago Negro is certainly close to the flood area or possibly in it.

Some properties in that area do have serious legality issues so you really do need to speak to a lawyer and or the Town Hall planning department.

Some properties in that area are fine and hopefully the one you are considering is but best to be 100% sure.
Good Luck
Yvonne
Old Aug 18th 2015, 6:05 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

Not only have I viewed the area in person, I have checked the PROPOSED town plan. Note - the town plan is not set in stone and may well be amended by the incoming PSOE political party as it was written by the PVRE in coalition with the PP.

The good news is that the Camino is not in the flood plain, the bad news is that it is only a few metres away and not a vast amount higher than the edge of the flood plain.

I deliberately drove by on my way to a café bar in the Ruta de Tapa and the tapa was wonderful!

The other "good news" is that there is a venta on the corner of the road -so no problems with drink driving!

Davexf
Old Aug 18th 2015, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Yes I noticed the bar/restaurant/shop on the corner, could be handy!!
I'm still getting my head around flood areas in sunny Spain!! I will have to Google this :-).so I take there are floods ?
The tapas are a very big plus to life here!
Thank you for all your help!!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 7:50 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Hola
Yes the winter 2009 / 2010 there were torrential downpours which caused flooding as the maintenance on ditches etc hadn't been done.

The laws have been changed and town plans now don't have so many "local options" to ignore such things. The junta de AndalucĂ­a decided where the lines were to be drawn despite protests from the ayuntamiento.

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.