Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

upsidedown plugs uk

upsidedown plugs uk

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:32 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default upsidedown plugs uk

I have just got back from a visit to the UK, and I noticed that a lot of appliances phone chargers etc, have the plugs on upside down.

That is to say that from what I remember the cable always came from the "2pin end of the plug".
Now it is qute common for the cable to be attached to the "1 pin end".

Not of vital importance but, it does not lay flush as the cable has to bend over itself, so to speak.

I am sure there is a very good reason for this, but I cant think what it could be.........
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:36 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: upsidedown plugs uk

Originally Posted by JLFS
I have just got back from a visit to the UK, and I noticed that a lot of appliances phone chargers etc, have the plugs on upside down.

That is to say that from what I remember the cable always came from the "2pin end of the plug".
Now it is qute common for the cable to be attached to the "1 pin end".

Not of vital importance but, it does not lay flush as the cable has to bend over itself, so to speak.

I am sure there is a very good reason for this, but I cant think what it could be.........
I reckon that's 'cos too many retards put the socket so close to the floor that you can't get a plug in.

I used to carry an adaptor when working as the plug for the hoover had a thick cable and if the socket was flush with the floor there was no way I could plug in without ripping the connections out inside the plug.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:46 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all
Default Re: upsidedown plugs uk

Originally Posted by JLFS

Now it is quite common for the cable to be attached to the "1 pin end".

I have not seen the plugs you refer to but if its a problem, then turn the socket in wall up the other way (just two screws to un-do) so the one pin is down, then an 'up side down' plug will lie flat.